Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

It’s just poor planning as well. You should not be in the position by which you don’t have the cap space to sign your best player.

People talk about cap room and generally speaking using that cap room for free agents then point to FA not being a sensible or effective way to building a championship winning team

We have plenty of Cap space over the next several years.  This was Gruden not wanting to pay a defensive player $20+mil.  Once again I am not happy with the move, but the Raiders not having money or cap space for Mack isnt true.  We were just given a half of a $2 billion dollar stadium, we could have found a few extra mil for Mack.

Just now, daineraider said:

We have plenty of Cap space over the next several years.  This was Gruden not wanting to pay a defensive player $20+mil.  Once again I am not happy with the move, but the Raiders not having money or cap space for Mack isnt true.  We were just given a half of a $2 billion dollar stadium, we could have found a few extra mil for Mack.

Well that makes it even worse then lol

Have to see the final comp. but I’m not going to hammer the Raiders on what they got back. 2 first plus is really solid compensation. 

Gruden is being decisive. In two years, he’ll either look like a genius or a guy who is passed his prime. My money is on Gruden.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Have to see the final comp. but I’m not going to hammer the Raiders on what they got back. 2 first plus is really solid compensation. 

Gruden is being decisive. In two years, he’ll either look like a genius or a guy who is passed his prime. My money is on Gruden.

Yeah while I'm against trade Mack in general, even for the money he wants,. if they are able to get 2 firsts out of this, that is about as good of a deal as you could have ever hoped for.

2 minutes ago, daineraider said:

We were 12-4 two years ago with the majority of the squad still in tact.  I cant imagine Gruden came back in hopes of getting the #1 pick.  

maybe not 1 but top 5-10? I heard Defensive class is supposed to be good next year

It's a good deal for the Bears. They just got one of the best defensive players in the league.

For the Raiders we just don't know yet. We don't know the player they've got in return, or what those future 1st rounders will be and/or look like.

But it gives them a chance to reboot, rebuild and obviously in Gruden and Reggie's plans, to become an even better team.

Short term it looks bad for the Raiders. Long term it could be one of the best moves they ever made. We'll just have to see. 

9 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

If it wasn't for a salary cap there would be no parity though and teams in smaller markets would suffer.

As a Browns fan I am thankful for parity.

It would suck to see the same teams being successful year after year after year after year.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

As a Browns fan I am thankful for parity.

It would suck to see the same teams being successful year after year after year after year.

Yeah because every other team in the league is ran just as poorly as the Brown have been.

Y'all out here arguing that the compensation is good. I have two questions for everyone...

1. Have you seen Mack play? Seen how much of an impact he makes and how much attention he commands?

2. Have you seen Reggie and Gruden's draft history, particularily on days 1 and 2? Its straight fugly.

9 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

It's a good deal for the Bears. They just got one of the best defensive players in the league.

For the Raiders we just don't know yet. We don't know the player they've got in return, or what those future 1st rounders will be and/or look like.

But it gives them a chance to reboot, rebuild and obviously in Gruden and Reggie's plans, to become an even better team.

Short term it looks bad for the Raiders. Long term it could be one of the best moves they ever made. We'll just have to see. 

Once I look at Khalil Mack in another team's uniform, I think I may cry.

Archived