Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

That's what kind of makes this move even more baffling to me.  The Raiders were in prime position to win the AFC West.  I think the West was one of those divisions were it wouldn't be shocking if any of those four teams won it.  And here the Raiders go trading their best player.  Sure, the draft picks are nice, but those obviously have no impact next year and depending on how it goes, might not have impact for years down the line.

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Multiple sources are outright stating the raiders did not have the physical cash on hand to pay 80+ million in guarantees to mack. @MrOaktown_56 what are your thoughts? Still think the raiders had all of the leverage? 

If this is actually true, and I really hope it isn't, Mark Davis doesn't have a right to own the Raiders. I would go up to him and spit in his face.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Did I say it was easy? Its still an all in move for a non franchise QB. What if Trubisky isn't good? The Bears are done, with no 1st round pick for 2 more seasons to do anything to fix it. Probably the end of the line for their GM.

Dont you think Trubisky is going to be given the next 2 years to start anyways? Unless he is colossally bad he will be starting then anyways

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Once I look at Khalil Mack in another team's uniform, I think I may cry.

Feel for you.

I know if the Broncos traded away Von Miller instead of extending his deal, I'd have been p'd off. 

Sad day for Raiders fans. Just gotta hope the Gruden era does bear success. 

I always think its funny how people are winners and losers with these trades. Honestly whatever the Raiders have in mind, it for sure wasnt "getting better". They wanted to save money and got 2 first round picks in return. Good for them.

Chicago on the other is simply in a different position. We basically have a QB/Coach/GM combo that are all in together and if it doesnt work all 3 will be gone. They are absolutely planning on doing well this year and contending for a Super Bowl probably next year. Our major hole was pass Rush and we filled it.

Both teams got what they wanted. And For the Raiders, Gruden is locked in for 10 YEARS! I actually kind of see his logic for getting 2 first rounders. He literally will be coaching there for the length of peoples entire careers. Im gonna say something even crazier. I wouldnt be surprised if Carr was traded next year. The QB/Coach/GM kind of have to have the exact same vision.

2 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Feel for you.

I know if the Broncos traded away Von Miller instead of extending his deal, I'd have been p'd off. 

Sad day for Raiders fans. Just gotta hope the Gruden era does bear success. 

The only bright side is that it's in the NFC. And the bears weren't as much of a sure thing as the Packers so there's a small chance that the draft picks will be higher.

52 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Will be hard to gauge till we see where the Bears finish. If the Raiders end up with 2 top 10 picks and more then it could be a win 

Its only a win if they draft someone close to Mack's caliber and then he beasts out and they actually bother to sign him to the contract he earned

37 minutes ago, daineraider said:

My issue with that is that we draft players hoping they turn into players like Mack, at some point you have to pay those players.

This is what I keep going back to.  You draft players because you hope they are Khalil Mack.  So lets say the Raiders draft a linebacker next year that turns out to be elite, is this going to happen all over again in 4-5 years?  Mack wasn't only a great player, but he was great off the field.  He was great in the community, never got into any trouble and has no injury concerns.  As you and others have pointed out, Mack was also a leader in the locker room as well.

Here's to hoping that the Raiders can draft some great players with the picks they have acquired from the Bears.

Archived