Week 1 GDT Thread - Chicago (0-0) @ Green Bay (0-0)

Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Clay needs to eat some serious BS for his stupidity.
Could very well have cost us the game. Inexcusable from such a seasoned veteran.

I actually thought he did (cost us the game).  In the old defense, he probably would have.  We’re not used to seeing our defense shut out an offense on 8 straight plays in crunch time.  Hope that trend continues, minus Clay’s absolute stupidity.

I didnt know this.........

After nearly 10 minutes in the sideline examination tent, the team's medical staff carted him to the locker room midway through the second quarter of the season opener against the Chicago Bears.

That's the same knee in which Rodgers tore his ACL in high school, an injury that wasn't surgically repaired until college.

After the game, Rodgers said at his news conference: "As long as there is no major issues, I'll keep playing."

Just now, cannondale said:

I wish Clay's penalty was the worst thing. He gets routed passed the QB all the time, leaving huge lanes to run or throw. I'm so sick of his game. He should have been left inside 3 years ago. I'm sure his ego wouldn't allow that

Im not sure the man has a ego, honestly though, he needs to play ILB over EDGE. Wasn't he good playing that position a few years ago?

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

I wish Clay's penalty was the worst thing. He gets routed passed the QB all the time, leaving huge lanes to run or throw. I'm so sick of his game. He should have been left inside 3 years ago. I'm sure his ego wouldn't allow that

I guarantee teams scheme for this - it happens so regularly, and RB’s and QB’s are consistently slipping through his gap because he’s already up the field and out of the play.  Just stupid.  The coaches seriously should’ve been working with him on this a long time ago, and maybe they’ve tried, who knows.

Archived