Million Dollar Head, Ten Cent Arm

CKS97

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Pennington's arm was fine until the second shoulder surgery in 06, that was what made it so he could barely throw a 5 yard out.

I remember against the Chargers in the post season he hit Santa Moss for a 50 yard banger and I almost fell out of my chair.. couldn’t believe the throwing power.. I had to wait till next year a madden to see if it went up from 62.. 

Slaps knee, back then boys and girls there weren’t updated patches/DL rosters like in today’s maddens..

20 minutes ago, Elky said:

Drew Brees was once described coming out of college as having a noodle arm.

He had a noodle in San Diego. Then one year it just clicked for him. I wonder if he changed the mechanics slightly or what changed in his training.

30 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Nah, Brady has pretty strong arm. It is one reason why he is so good and poor weather games. 

Do I have to post the scouting report on Brady for people to admit they dont understand what I'm talking about?  He compensates for the lack of natural arm strength with mechanics and anticipation.  That's why hes so good in cold weather games.  Tom Brady was benched as a senior at Michigan bc of his lack of physical gifts.  

46 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Do I have to post the scouting report on Brady for people to admit they dont understand what I'm talking about?  

Yeah, I’m gonna go ahead and guess there’s a lot that’s wrong in whatever scouting report you’re going to quote.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Andrew Luck now. I think I throw harder than him

now.. he never really had velocity in that arm! And now it just looks like Chad Pennington outchea. 

I agree he his arm looked pretty bad in preseason and the Colts are probably pretty nervous about that, but let's all wait at least until we see him play a few REAL games before jumping on the Luck the "noodle-arm" bandwagon.  I think he is still being very cautious about really letting it rip and its very psychologically difficult to build that trust back in your body after being on the shelf for so long.  If he's still throwing as tentatively as he did in preseason by the second half of the year then it might be fair to start wondering if his career is done.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Do I have to post the scouting report on Brady for people to admit they dont understand what I'm talking about?  He compensates for the lack of natural arm strength with mechanics and anticipation.  That's why hes so good in cold weather games.  Tom Brady was benched as a senior at Michigan bc of his lack of physical gifts.  

Yea people really should have watched him at Michigan and watch him by like 2004. It's all about the mechanics. His arm is good, not great and certainly not elite.

Archived