Week 1: Eagles vs Falcons; Nicky Nine and the Banner Raising

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Matt. You literally left the forums after your rival won the SB. You were the kid that took his ball and went home. Do 2nd graders have lockers? 

How anyone can think that you’re willing to hold an actual legit argument anymore is beyond me. It’s like, if you’re wrong or off base you’ll just do what you’re doing or leave for 6 months. 

I left because I made a promise that I would do so. It was a bet. 

Aside from that, I needed to get off this site. I spent way too much time here. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are an attorney IIRC, so I know you can read. I literally said the words "I would feel good about the win"... 

Not an attorney. 

“I’d feel good about the win, but...”

Thats what you said. 

You used a hypothetical qualifier negating your original statement. How else can we take it? 

“I’d feel good about the win, but it was an ugly win and you probably shouldn’t feel that good.”

Truth is, we’re all pretty stoked about starting the year with Foles, without Alshon and others and beating one of the better teams in the NFC. At the end of the year, we’ll be counting on wins to get us in the playoffs. We won’t be sayin that the Falcons game only counts as a half of a win because it was ugly. It’s a win. We’re happy. And better play if ahead of us. 1-0 and counting. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Not an attorney. 

Thats what you said. 

You used a hypothetical qualifier negating your original statement. How else can we take it? 

“I’d feel good about the win, but it was an ugly win and you probably shouldn’t feel that good.”

Truth is, we’re all pretty stoked about starting the year with Foles, without Alshon and others and beating one of the better teams in the NFC. At the end of the year, we’ll be counting on wins to get us in the playoffs. We won’t be sayin that the Falcons game only counts as a half of a win because it was ugly. It’s a win. We’re happy. And better play if ahead of us. 1-0 and counting. 

similar to "no offense, but...." imo

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok, an internet bet made with internet friends that no one would hold you to or have any way of enforcing in internet court. Cmon man. You went to reddit instead. You clearly wanted to keep talking football. But you couldn’t face the music. That spoke volumes to me. But alas, you’re harshing my buzz. And I’m trying to enjoy the win, as I should. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Not an attorney. 

Thats what you said. 

Do you feel good about the win? Yes

Do you think you were sloppy? Yes

So was everything I said accurate? Yes

Did you guys act like little mitches after I said it? Yes

Grow a pair, quit acting like children. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Ok, an internet bet made with internet friends that no one would hold you to or have any way of enforcing in internet court. Cmon man. You went to reddit instead. You clearly wanted to keep talking football. But you couldn’t face the music. That spoke volumes to me. But alas, you’re harshing my buzz. And I’m trying to enjoy the win, as I should. 

First of all, I gave you all my facebook, reddit and many my phone number. I wasnt hiding. 

Second, I didnt even post on Reddit often until this summer. 

Third, enjoy your win. It will probably be a big deal come the end of the season. 

Massive win with the JV squad against a lot of people's super bowl picks. I'd like to see how many teams beat ANY other team without their own starting QB,  WR1, and potential pro bowl DT and LB, much less Atlanta. I'm pumped especially with 10 days off + Tampa & Indy in the next couple weeks.  

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Speaking of Bets , Don't you have a SIG BET with someone???

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Do you feel good about the win? Yes

Do you think you were sloppy? Yes

So was everything I said accurate? Yes

Did you guys act like little mitches after I said it? Yes

Grow a pair, quit acting like children. 

Guy that runs to Reddit because he can’t handle the heat is telling people to grow a pair. Comical. 

No, no. You said “I’d feel good about the win, but...”. In other words, “however”. In other words, “contrary to my original point”. 

You assumed posters shouldn’t be as happy about a win because it was sloppy. Contrarily, I for one am super stoked we got a win. I thought we’d lose. So, getting a win made me very happy. The fact that we played sloppy and still beat one of the best NFC teams actually makes me even more happy. Though I can’t speak for everyone. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Guy that runs to Reddit because he can’t handle the heat is telling people to grow a pair. Comical. 

No, no. You said “I’d feel good about the win, but...”. In other words, “however”. In other words, “contrary to my original point”. 

You assumed posters shouldn’t be as happy about a win because it was sloppy. Contrarily, I for one am super stoked we got a win. I thought we’d lose. So, getting a win made me very happy. The fact that we played sloppy and still beat one of the best NFC teams actually makes me even more happy. Though I can’t speak for everyone. 

Ok bud. I said that I would feel good about the win (true) but not how it happend (sloppy play, also true). No team wins every game in a pretty little bow tied wrapped box. Sometimes you win ugly.

But I am going to check out of this thread. You guys celebrate. My point wasnt to pee in your cheerios. I was very impressed with your redzone defense. Its a quality win. Congrats. Have a good evening. 

Archived