Week 1: Eagles vs Falcons; Nicky Nine and the Banner Raising

Kiltman

My big take aways from the game:

1 - Our D looked really good overall. We held Alt to 12 points and that last minute stand was epic. 

2 - Sproles still has it. 

3 - I like Foles but we need Wentz back. 

4 - Are the refs going to throw this many flags every game?

5 - Who is this Collinsworth character and why is he allowed to speak during games?

What a game! 

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar 

2 minutes ago, agholorsdad said:

say barnett and bennett have a good year and there are good round two guys available at our pick, knowing that do you take a chance on letting graham walk to lock up darby? We are a little deeper at corner.

I think Bennett is FA after this season?

I don't understand the "We are deep at CB". No we aren't. We suck without Darby. Jones is purely potential and Mills is no #1. Rasul looks good in small spurts, but I think he's basically Eric Rowe's clone and not that great. Avonte Maddox is purely a slot cb. We have a lot of young CB's, but I would not say we are deep, and our pass rush helps them look better than they actually are a lot of the time.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Well you guys got the W, but it does seem without the backing of Packer nation that Nicky Nine is back to Flaccid Foles. 

Nick Foles last great season for you was 2013, there obviously seems to be a correlation between the strength of Aaron Rodgers collarbone and the play of Nick Foles. You guys need to trade him while you can.

Or we need to break Rodgers' collar bone again.......

8 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

My big take aways from the game:

1 - Our D looked really good overall. We held Alt to 12 points and that last minute stand was epic. 

2 - Sproles still has it. 

3 - I like Foles but we need Wentz back. 

4 - Are the refs going to throw this many flags every game?

5 - Who is this Collinsworth character and why is he allowed to speak during games?

What a game! 

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar 

One regular season week into being an Eagles' fan and you have already matched the win total of the last 2 years of being a Browns' fan

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't understand the "We are deep at CB". No we aren't. We suck without Darby. Jones is purely potential and Mills is no #1. Rasul looks good in small spurts, but I think he's basically Eric Rowe's clone and not that great. Avonte Maddox is purely a slot cb. We have a lot of young CB's, but I would not say we are deep, and our pass rush helps them look better than they actually are a lot of the time.

Howie's never much cared to invest much of his cap into Corners, if Darby wants top tier money,  could see us letting him walk.

We seem to struggle vs that Atlanta Defense. We had similar issues last year in the playoffs and I think people are forgetting that.

I think our offense will be fine even with Foles going forward. He isn’t going to perform this poorly every week. As far as the RB situation goes, give Jay the ball man. I know we love to mix our RBs up, but Clement did nothing and Sproles is effective in spurts but we really can’t lean on him so much. 

Defense looked as good as advertised outside of covering the best WR in football. Fair enough imo. 

Shoutout to Cam Johnston for looking a like a good NFL punter. He was getting some nice hangtime and averaged over 50 yards net, even without the 70 yarder that was called back for offsetting penalties. It's nice having a punter who can really boom them. We should lock him up for the next 4 years before he's voted to his first pro bowl and his value skyrockets.

Was there ever any explanation/theory as to why Ajayi didn't see a touch until the 2nd quarter (or last minute of the 1st, I forget)? He sure looked healthy as can be to me by the time we actually started feeding him. Understand we love the RBBC approach, but even teams that do that still have a pecking order of RBs, and in our case Ajayi should clearly be #1. 

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Was there ever any explanation/theory as to why Ajayi didn't see a touch until the 2nd quarter (or last minute of the 1st, I forget)? He sure looked healthy as can be to me by the time we actually started feeding him. Understand we love the RBBC approach, but even teams that do that still have a pecking order of RBs, and in our case Ajayi should clearly be #1. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/07/doug-pederson-says-there-will-be-more-of-jay-ajayi-moving-forward/

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

all this is basically assuming everyone lives up to hype, we are like 8 months from this decision, obviously if jones doesnt look capable then theres no point in discussing this, you pay Darby to stay. But while we're talking hypothetically im gonna assume jones does show what people expect, I don't think mills is a number one but i think hes a good number 2 in this system. Also i get why people don't like rasul but you gotta hand it to him on the INT's vs snaps played. 

Archived