Mayweather vs McGregor

SteelersFanMD

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

I'm just here for the entertainment of the trash talk during the fight, the antics, and hell even placing dumb bets during the fight with friends. I'd love to see something wild and crazy to happen like McGregor thinking he can fake a kick and get knocked out, or somehow it just turns into a brawl.

I'm going into this with low expectations of this being a great match, I just like to have fun with it. I mean, what's a hundred bucks between 5-10 people, beer, and food?

idk if this is a great take, not that you need a great take to spend your money. just that once the fights starts, the thing you are actually paying for, all the antics would already have happened. it's gonna be two people who came to win a boxing match they both think they can win. conor is not gonna do any mma stuff because he will lose a lot of money. they'll talk a little trash but if it goes how most people think it will go then that won't last for long.

from your pov it just sounds like spending money to hang out with friends, which is cool.

I wouldn't spend money on it and I actually think Conor has a chance. because they are plenty of ways to watch it w/o spending money on it (bar, go to someone's that paid for it, stream, etc.)

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

What about the people like me?

I pay for the real boxing matches and attend them, I pay for real MMA fights and have attended them.

I'm just here for the entertainment of the trash talk during the fight, the antics, and hell even placing dumb bets during the fight with friends. I'd love to see something wild and crazy to happen like McGregor thinking he can fake a kick and get knocked out, or somehow it just turns into a brawl.

I'm going into this with low expectations of this being a great match, I just like to have fun with it. I mean, what's a hundred bucks between 5-10 people, beer, and food?

What about it? I didnt say the only people that are interested are like that...just that its amazing that i get into conversations about this fight with people who literally never talk about fighting before this fight. Its just amazing that ive been invited to 5 different parties all full of people who have never seen either fighter fight.

14 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Its just amazing that ive been invited to 5 different parties all full of people who have never seen either fighter fight.

In a small way think about this like a Super Bowl. I know plenty of people that don't watch a lick of football until the Superbowl, but they will be willing to get together with people and drink and watch it.  It has been yacked about on the media for how long now. It's just another reason for people to get together without having to go to a bar even if they don't normally watch it.

23 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

from your pov it just sounds like spending money to hang out with friends, which is cool.

I wouldn't spend money on it and I actually think Conor has a chance. because they are plenty of ways to watch it w/o spending money on it (bar, go to someone's that paid for it, stream, etc.)

Well I mean, at the end of the day we will have it in a basement on the big screen, everybody will have beers, and just be entertained, even if it isn't a great fight we can still just drink together like any other little gathering.

For those of you who have attended boxing cards, the general admission seats for boxing matches are cheaper than seats at ringside.

I went to a boxing card at the DC Armory and paid $20 for a general admission seat (ringside seats went for $60).  The matches were pretty good, but I will admit that the DC Armory is not the next Caesar's Palace Sports Pavilion.

On 8/20/2017 at 5:14 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

idk if this is a great take, not that you need a great take to spend your money. just that once the fights starts, the thing you are actually paying for, all the antics would already have happened. it's gonna be two people who came to win a boxing match they both think they can win. conor is not gonna do any mma stuff because he will lose a lot of money. they'll talk a little trash but if it goes how most people think it will go then that won't last for long.

What kind of chance are you giving Conor? 

Anyways, over/under 5 million buys?

If Floyd is Floyd, then it will be a whitewash. Dude to me didn't look all that great vs Berto, but the fight prior was on his game vs Pacman. Same with how he was with Canelo and then had a subpar performance with Maidana. Guess it depends how serious he takes you. 

Paulie Malignaggi keeps thinking Conor has some quit in him and was showing serious signs of weakness until he tired. No clue if he is just bitter or if there is some truth to it. We shall see. 

Floyd has obviously had hand problems throughout his career, but do folks really believe any time he touches anything it breaks? LOL, I don't think he has broken his hands in years. They are usually swollen after fights but not broken. Once he changed to the Grant gloves which gives his hands more padding, he's been fine.

BUT, lets say he did break his right hand in round 1. Things would quickly get interesting. Conor should then just throw punches in bunches as there would be no fear of being countered by big shots. 

I have never heard anything about Floyd Mayweather, Jr. sustaining a broken hand during the course of his boxing career, but if he did break his hand during the bout against McGregor, it could be an opportunity for McGregor to really inflict some serious bodily damage to Mayweather - which could result in either a knockout, a TKO, or the referee stops the fight.  Mayweather would wind up losing his first career bout but still make a huge payday.  McGregor would make a sizable payday for himself.

He's broken it in fights a few times, most notably against Carlos Hernandez where he had to actually take a quick knee due to the pain. Nevada allows you to take a xylocaine shot which Floyd takes to numb the hands before fights. I don't know if he still uses it, but he did for a while.

I want to bet the house on Floyd especially after the line has moved so favorably because if he fights straight up its an easy win. Just have a bad feeling he tanks for another massive payday. 

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Floyd has obviously had hand problems throughout his career, but do folks really believe any time he touches anything it breaks? LOL, I don't think he has broken his hands in years. They are usually swollen after fights but not broken. Once he changed to the Grant gloves which gives his hands more padding, he's been fine.

BUT, lets say he did break his right hand in round 1. Things would quickly get interesting. Conor should then just throw punches in bunches as there would be no fear of being countered by big shots. 

I was more mentioning because smaller gloves and hes older. Its less of what i think will happen and more of that it would be really fun for it to be hyped this much thhen just crap the bed.

Archived