Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

Just now, Xenos said:

What made you like the first season more?

Better plot to me, despite the back and forth in time, and that's mostly because Ciri and Yen were fleshed out better imo. Season 1 felt more like a great intro movie with the background and setting the world up, while leaving it open for the future. Season 2 felt like what it was - a middle season that's just connecting and setting up stuff. It wasn't bad at all, I want more, I just didn't enjoy it as much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Better plot to me, despite the back and forth in time, and that's mostly because Ciri and Yen were fleshed out better imo. Season 1 felt more like a great intro movie with the background and setting the world up, while leaving it open for the future. Season 2 felt like what it was - a middle season that's just connecting and setting up stuff. It wasn't bad at all, I want more, I just didn't enjoy it as much. 

I agree about Yen being better fleshed out in S1. I disagree about Ciri. I think it has to do with the fact that she was more proactive and less helpless in S2.

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

I agree about Yen being better fleshed out in S1. I disagree about Ciri. I think it has to do with the fact that she was more proactive and less helpless in S2.

Yeah I'm actually wrong about Ciri, you're right. She was definitely fleshed out more in S2. I'm forgetting a thought I had but I'll circle back to it in regards to Ciri. 

I thought Triss started out well and was just shoehorned into stuff later. Yen just disappointingly fell off the damn cliff. 

The Elven side story was a little botched. Or I was uninterested in how they presented it (I've read 2 of the books but that's it). Fringilla wasn't great - like at all -, and that whole plot went 180 very quickly. 

I finally finished season 2. Definitely better than the first. Outside of Geralt, Ciri, Yen, and Triss I still can’t remember names. I haven’t read the books or played the games.

I thought the bard should’ve been used in the tavern episode only. He seemed out of place and useless at the end. 

No major complaints this season. Doing 10-13 episodes would help as others mentioned so they can have more character development. Looks like they have a plan and plenty of material for at least two more seasons. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 43M said:

Im about 4 eps into season 2, and I cant get into it the same way I got into 1.

Not that its bad...just kinda....meh.

That’s how I felt after the first four episodes and actually watched 5 and 6 after taking a 3 week break last night. Definitely picked up. Episodes 3 and 4 are bad though.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 11:11 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

That’s how I felt after the first four episodes and actually watched 5 and 6 after taking a 3 week break last night. Definitely picked up. Episodes 3 and 4 are bad though.

Just finished the season and I completely agree.

Second half of season 2 was fantastic, and the finale got me really excited for season 3.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...