Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Cause of those dang books. I will say. Ned deserved to be beheaded just for returning Dawn. And not keeping it, having her be part of the show now.

dawn-game-of-thrones-tower-of-joy-615x31

Why sit it down there for a camera closeup before seeing his sister and taking baby jon. Dude just tried to kill you and keep you from your family. Take the freakin thing home you idiot.

1 hour ago, McNabbs Beef said:

E) Why was Jon Snow being a hero fighting off wights 30 yards from the dragon (and advancing further as he was fighting them)? Me knit-picking here, but the best place to defend the dragon is right next to it. I have no idea why he was so far away other than to create the plot point of forcing to leave him behind.

I think Jason Concepcion's (from The Ringer/Talk the Thrones) theory that its just another example of Jon having a death wish due to survivor's guilt is about the only plausible explanation within the story given he was fighting single wights further and further away from Drogon.

The obvious reason it was done for television was to create a sense of anxiety in the audience that "everyone's favourite character" might die, as this is what got GoT famous among non-book readers in the first place

8 hours ago, Tyty said:

I haven't read the books but it sucks it's not really going off it anymore. Everyone has plot armor now and it's super lame. I feel like Tyrion Jon and Dany will all be left standing at the end even though I feel like GRRM wouldn't have it that way himself. 

I think Jon dies towards the end in a way that enables Daenerys to defeat the Night King and/or Cersei

2 hours ago, McNabbs Beef said:

Overall just a pretty Hollywood style episode to me. Really losing what made Game Of Thrones so great, which was believable outcomes and ideas in a fantasy world. No cheating. If a character is in a situation where they're supposed to die, they die.

This sums up what this show has become perfectly. That is something that really drew me in because I'm not huge into the fantasy stories and realness to Game of Thrones bridged that gap. Like you said, consequences don't really exist anymore. Jon is basically unkillable, Arya can run away from an assassin guild after killing one of them with no repercussions, Cersei blows up the Sept and apparently the religious fanatics just disappeared and had no problem with her killing off their leader. 

Some people don't care about that and just like the action, dragons and heroes and that is fine but for me the current seasons is missing a lot of what made the series so great to start with. I've talked about it plenty in this thread so I'll drop it but you're definitely not alone.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Alright somebody sell me one way or the other on this show. I have watched about 2.5 seasons of GoT and I've enjoyed it a little, but am not in love. Should I commit to catching up on it? I'm not really into anything sci-fi, medieval or anything, but figured I'd give this a shot since it's so popular.

I find the episodes to be long without a ton of progress as they follow upwards of 5 storylines at a time. I also had to google to even understand wtf is going on and who is who after taking in quite a few episodes.

If you're that far into it and are not digging it, I'd probably say the same thing as cddolphin and recommending just letting it go. Season 3 in particular is when things really start to pick up steam in my estimation, so if you're still not into it, probably not for you. 

26 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Bran totally warged into Longclaw telling Benjen to GTFIH

I've seen this theory and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

AFAIK there has been no evidence of anyone being able to warg into inanimate objects, and unless the pommel of Longclaw was made of a weirwood tree (which would make no sense considering that the First Men worship at them) just seeing out of its eye make no sense either.  And that is before you get to the fact that creatures/people that have been warged into in the show have their eyes turn white - which is the opposite of what appears to happen to Longclaw's pommel

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Season 2 was rough and slow for me. 

Episode 8 and 9 of season 2 are a couple of my favorite episodes.

Bronn and Tyrion at their best "Me and the boys rounded up all the known thieves". Plus Stannis and Davos "And here you come. With your little onions."

10 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I've read the books, the theory sucks. 

Do we know the status of Ser Pounce or is the theory that everything has been a dream in his still alive? 

Ser Pounce is Azor Ahai. It is known. He must still live. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Still was stupid for him not to go with jon, and just stay behind.

What would be the point of him going with Jon? He can't cross the wall.

The only thing him going with Jon would do would be slow down the horse. Him staying back and fighting delayed the wights that much more which could've made the difference in Jon getting away.