Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I kinda do actually. The honor is what distinguishes the Stark's from all the other houses. And all the talk about missing father and about honor and justice it just seems off for a Stark not to follow the house code.

If they didn't learn that lesson, then how are you gonna hold it against them? I just don't get it.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

That is definitely splitting hairs. That is a hair the Lannisters would split, not the Starks. And he doesn't have to be willing they have people there to hold him down.

I wouldn't say that's splitting hairs. Ned didn't exactly have progressive views about women in leadership roles, and that was really central to both Arya and Sansa's development as characters.

Personally I'm getting a kick out of the fact that Jon is so hard-on to stop the Night King, he takes an expedition north of the Wall, proceed to get in trouble requiring Dany and her dragons to show up, and then basically gift the Night King the weapon needed to get past the wall.

Well done, self-fulfilling prophecy.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I wouldn't say that's splitting hairs. Ned didn't exactly have progressive views about women in leadership roles, and that was really central to both Arya and Sansa's development as characters.

That's a different argument though. That would be an argument to say Sansa shouldn't pass sentence. Not that honor doesn't dictate the person who passes the sentence carries it out.

Just now, Shockey1979 said:

So being named Aegon was just an honor Lyanna was bestowing on her baby to honor Rhaegar's ancestor right? And didn't Rhaegar already have a child named Aegon with Elia? I'm confused.. :$

When Jon/Aegon was born, all of the other non-Dany and Viserys Targs were already dead. Name wasn't taken any more.

I know with all the other happenings of this episode, it's pretty easy to overlook, but no one is going to talk about Theon's redemption? Been rooting for that guy to get a REAL redemption arc since season two, and we finally got it. And it was so perfectly done in line with who his character has become and all the crap he has had to go through for 7 seasons. That was just a beautiful culmination of storytelling right there. Hoping he does something good to screw over Euron now.

And can someone explain the significance of Jon being named Aegon? That was the mad king, correct? Is that supposed to be some sort of foreshadowing?

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I know with all the other happenings of this episode, it's pretty easy to overlook, but no one is going to talk about Theon's redemption? Been rooting for that guy to get a REAL redemption arc since season two, and we finally got it. And it was so perfectly done in line with who his character has become and all the crap he has had to go through for 7 seasons. That was just a beautiful culmination of storytelling right there. Hoping he does something good to screw over Euron now.

And can someone explain the significance of Jon being named Aegon? That was the mad king, correct? Is that supposed to be some sort of foreshadowing?

Think it's related to some prophecy that Rhaegar had an obsession with. 

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

The only thing about him that is going to be mad as King is the knowledge that he's been banging his aunt.