Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

I just want to say. From here on forward. All I want to see out season 8, is a Stark die. Dont care which, would love it for all. People praising these idiots after the premeditated murder of LF. Which is all it was, them hunting a way to justify murdering what had been in previous seasons, one of the best characters portrayed. There was no trial, it was all just a predetermined route to flat out murder.

Guy that tricked, deceived, conned and all else the most powerful and smartest people in the world. Falls to 2 young girls.. Hollywood writers in full Scooby Doo mode for that one.

RIP LF. You were the best of them. Gone but not forgotten (except your entire season 7 performance that is)

26 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Sort of.  I don't think he was "in love" with anyone else at the time, but his brother was betrothed to Cat, then Brandon got the charbroil treatment from the Mad King, and it was expected that Ned take up the betrothal in Brandon's place as next in line of succession and so he did.

Depends on what you believe about him and Ashara Dayne. 

19 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I just want to say. From here on forward. All I want to see out season 8, is a Stark die. Dont care which, would love it for all. People praising these idiots after the premeditated murder of LF. Which is all it was, them hunting a way to justify murdering what had been in previous seasons, one of the best characters portrayed. There was no trial, it was all just a predetermined route to flat out murder.

Guy that tricked, deceived, conned and all else the most powerful and smartest people in the world. Falls to 2 young girls.. Hollywood writers in full Scooby Doo mode for that one.

RIP LF. You were the best of them. Gone but not forgotten (except your entire season 7 performance that is)

Well.. he didn't deny some of the things mentioned. He admitted to killing Lysa by pushing her through the moon door. He denied other things, but either way.. admitting to killing the acting Lady of the Vale is grounds for an execution.

On a slightly related note, anybody ever wonder how passe all the characters are about shedding blood inside halls and castles and whatnot? How do they clean up all the blood and waste? Sawdust?

Edited by cddolphin

Im just a bitter bitter man cddolphin. Needed to vent and rant for a moment. lol

And after the Red Wedding. It looked like they used a salt paste to absorb it didnt it? I know kitty litter works in garages on concrete to an extent. Which is basically just dried clay pieces. Maybe something like that. But yea, I was thinking that too, like "that stone is kinda porous and would be tough to get blood out of." when it happened.

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

LOL You are bitter. LF committed countless crimes and basically started beef w/ everyone out of lies, spite, and envy...... but you want a trial?

LOLNO

He's not the only one that wanted a trial.  I would have loved, loved, loved, loved to see a Trial by Combat where Littlefinger had to fight somebody.  Arya even.  He'd be confident then.  But instead, Arya just finished him off way too quickly.  I was a little disappointed by how quickly he went and how he turned into a sniveling coward.  Don't think that was much like Littlefinger to be honest. 

40 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Never ment that he was jacked just bigger then the guy they showed. In the books he's described as being bigger then viserys so I just had a picture of him in my head. Show rhaegar was basically viscerys.

Rhaegar is described as being a taller version of Viserys, which he is. If you go by actor height, Viserys (5'11) is 5 inches shorter than Rhaegar (6'4). If there is something that says that he was bigger in general and not just taller, I'd love to know where that is.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He's not the only one that wanted a trial.  I would have loved, loved, loved, loved to see a Trial by Combat where Littlefinger had to fight somebody.  Arya even.  He'd be confident then.  But instead, Arya just finished him off way too quickly.  I was a little disappointed by how quickly he went and how he turned into a sniveling coward.  Don't think that was much like Littlefinger to be honest. 

I viewed it more as LF trying to emotionally manipulate Sansa (definitely within his character) than him actually being scared, but that could just be me.

36 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That's honestly not that surprising though.  Because ultimately Littlefinger's Achilles heel was that he was never the one willing to wield the blade (only time you ever even see him take up arms is coming up from behind an already crippled Ned, in a hall where he's surrounded by gold cloaks loyal to him, and holding a knife to his throat at the end of S1); he was a master manipulator that never wanted to be the one to get his hands dirty.  Sansa knew that - there were even clues to that dropped throughout this season when LF suggested Sansa not send Brienne away (because he sure as hell wasn't going to swing the sword on Arya).  Ultimately, you had Sansa and Arya setting a trap for LF baited in all the right ways because Sansa (perhaps even as a student surpassing the master scenario) knew LF probably better than anyone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That wouldn't have fit with Littlefinger's character though.  He's not a fighter, never been a fighter, and he's pretty well known to have been like this since he was a kid (Edmure brought it up, Cat brought it up, pretty sure Ned brought up how his brother Brandon who was originally betrothed to Cat made embarrassingly short work of Petyr when he tried to challenge for Cat's hand, heck I think even LF mentioned it himself, and I'm positive Varys did in one of his assessments of LF to a different character).  He's always been a schemer, not a fighter.  And schemers aren't the type to choose Trial by Combat (and it can't be forced upon someone) unless they have monumental ways of stacking the deck in their advantage (which he didn't at that point).

37 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Well.. he didn't deny some of the things mentioned. He admitted to killing Lysa by pushing her through the moon door. He denied other things, but either way.. admitting to killing the acting Lady of the Vale is grounds for an execution.

On a slightly related note, anybody ever wonder how passe all the characters are about shedding blood inside halls and castles and whatnot? How do they clean up all the blood and waste? Sawdust?

Hounds.  Did we learn nothing from Ramsey?

3 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I viewed it more as LF trying to emotionally manipulate Sansa (definitely within his character) than him actually being scared, but that could just be me.

Same, I was going to write the same thing.

I think he was trying to tug at her heartstrings as a last-ditch effort.