Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

7 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

As I said, use it as motivation for Cersei to go even more mad.

I don't really think she needs motivation. And honestly, I'm not sure if having the Mountain kill him would be more effective at driving her further down the insanity path than getting abandoned by the one man she's ever loved (while she's pregnant) so he can go and fight alongside her enemies.

Just now, skywlker32 said:

It's actually to bring Dorne into the fold (in the book and show, but Dorne is more important in the book). Just because it doesn't have an immediate impact doesn't mean it has no reason.

I know.  I learned that eventually and picked back up with the show and books.  Just saying at the time it seemed worthless because we hadn't seen any of Dorne at all outside of Oberyn, and then he was gone before anything else was introduced.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I don't really think she needs motivation. And honestly, I'm not sure if having the Mountain kill him would be more effective at driving her further down the insanity path than getting abandoned by the one man she's ever loved so he can go and fight alongside her enemies.

It could go either way as to which would mess with you more. Giving the orders to kill the only man that matters to her because he is leaving her vs. him actually leaving her to help the enemy. I viewed Cersei as the type to use the phrase "you're dead to me" as literal. Also, Cersei mistrusts everyone, but allows Jaime to walk out the door with information that could screw her over. It makes a lot of sense either way as far as driving her more crazy, but having him killed once she realizes that she has lost him makes more sense for her character to me.

19 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

It could go either way as to which would mess with you more. Giving the orders to kill the only man that matters to her because he is leaving her vs. him actually leaving her to help the enemy. I viewed Cersei as the type to use the phrase "you're dead to me" as literal. Also, Cersei mistrusts everyone, but allows Jaime to walk out the door with information that could screw her over. It makes a lot of sense either way as far as driving her more crazy, but having him killed once she realizes that she has lost him makes more sense for her character to me.

She couldn't even kill Tyrion when he walked into the room, I'm just not sure how willing or able she is to kill Lannisters. Especially Jaime. At this point she's dumb, not entirely insane. Beyond that, killing him now doesn't complete  Jaime's redemption arc. Which has been ongoing for most of the series and cutting it short when, as you said, you can keep him alive but also almost entirely accomplish the same thing with Cersei, seems like a bit of a waste.

2 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

We get it. You don't like Arya and Sansa. You would have a love child with LF. Move on already.

Whats wrong with saying hed never get a fair trial there if he went. Do you think they wouldnt try to kill him for some reason? He paralyzed their brother, yea, theyd try. So what are you whingeing on about?.  Itd be suicide if he went there. I give Jon credit on that, he would detain him and have a trial if he was caught north.

Let's assume 2 things for my following question:

1. The living win the war and kill all the White Walkers.
2. Jon survives and is a ruler.

Does Jon disband the Night's Watch?  Rebuild the wall and assume the threat is never over?  I ask simply because if he disbands the Night's Watch and relieves those men of their oaths, then Sam could be Lord of the Reach!

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

She couldn't even kill Tyrion when he walked into the room, I'm just not sure how willing or able she is to kill Lannisters. Especially Jaime. At this point she's dumb, not entirely insane. Beyond that, killing him now doesn't complete  Jaime's redemption arc and, given the prophecy, then leaves no question that Tyrion will be the one to kill Cersei

As far as the prophecy goes I don't think  Valonqar was mentioned in the show.

If you want to go with who Valonqar could be otherwise, I don't know that it needs to be her younger brother. That opens the options up to being pretty much any male left in the show (the Mountain may be the only eldest brother left in the show). Then you can take it a step further and say that it's possible that there was another mis-translation of sex and it could be any of the characters really.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Does Jon disband the Night's Watch?  Rebuild the wall and assume the threat is never over?  I ask simply because if he disbands the Night's Watch and relieves those men of their oaths, then Sam could be Lord of the Reach!

I suppose Bran can help him pretty well with that decision.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

She couldn't even kill Tyrion when he walked into the room, I'm just not sure how willing or able she is to kill Lannisters. Especially Jaime. At this point she's dumb, not entirely insane. Beyond that, killing him now doesn't complete  Jaime's redemption arc and, given the prophecy, then leaves no question that Tyrion will be the one to kill Cersei

I think she more had use for Tyrion, and thats why he was allowed keep breathing. But she spread it on thick there making it seem otherwise. Tyrion is the hand to Dany,  knows hes in her ear, prevented her from burning KL. So knows she trust in him, and listens to him.  That big lie is rolling into Danys ear, all the while Euron is bringing over the 20k troops of Golden Company.

I'm going to throw out a theory that's just recently come to me that could be one of the few scenarios that lead us to Jamie being the valonqar from Maggie the Frog's prophecy to Cersei:

Jamie goes to fight for the other side, possibly even rallying Lannister men along the way who would follow him because of who he is and if not because he could easily lie and say this was greenlit by Cersei at the detente, and do it purely for the belief that he's defending the life of his unborn child (because at this point what does he really have left to fight for?  If there were still a Night's Watch, he be a prime candidate for Lord Commander).  He gets back, successful, several casualties along the way - potentially at least one close to him (possibly Tyrion, possibly Brienne or Bronn), and Cersei reveals to him that there actually is no baby (we have nothing other than the word of Cersei - a habitual liar of convenience - that the pregnancy is even legit) and he flips out with that being the final straw.

Long story short, I don't think we should just accept that Cersei is pregnant at face value.  It could even be something that Bran, as three-eyed raven, tells him isn't legit, among any number of other lies that Cersei has told him along the way to get what she wanted.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I think that the way that war ends is the NK actually gets killed. The last time (during the long night), that didn't happen so far as we know. During the long night, humans were able to drive them back north of where the wall was by discovering dragonglass and using that. It was then that they constructed and warded the wall to help defend the realms of men and the others couldn't cross. But the NK and his army  were never actually "defeated"....just quarantined. If you assume that the NK is responsible for all of the wights and others, which is essentially what they told us in episode 6, and he is killed this time, I think that the wall will remain down, and as someone else said, Bran would help confirm that in some manner. One of the lord of light's priests, such as Mel, could also help with that 

There is also the warding problem. It's not the height of the wall that is really problematic, it was the wards. These magical wards were created by the children of the forest. So long as we know, they are all gone now, so there is nobody that can ward them, which makes the giant wall considerably less effective against the others.  So unless you're throwing the wildlings back on the other side, "thanks for the help, you guys belong over there", I'm not sure what the point of a new wall would be. 

So I believe the wall stays down and the NK and others are finished for good....or at least for several thousands of years, when all that has happened before happens again.