Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Episode 5 could just be an hour of preparing for battle. I mean... episode 2 literally had nothing of value either. 

I can’t imagine Dany going a full episode without assaulting Kings landing as mad as she was at the end of episode 4.

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

A free prison. Can create major trade hubs between the North and Beyond The Wall. Give protection and security from raid parties. Is a 10k year old landmark, great as a tourist attraction. Provide jobs.

Hardhome didnt work out, land not stable. Eastwatch can hold a dozen ships we know of. Great place for a port. Would attract a great number of places like Ib, Braavos, Lorath.

Possibilities are endless.

I mean, outside of the prison idea, this isn't a bad thing. But at the same point, why not use Castle Black for the northern house of the free folk? Let them roam the lands above the wall and let them populate it into part of the Kingdom beyond the wall and incorporate that into the 7 kingdoms?

After living through what just happened, I'm rebuilding the wall just in case. The free folk can come and go as they please through the tunnels, but that wall is going up as best as it can be rebuilt.

• Like 1

This upcoming battle for King's Landing just makes no sense.

1. Dany/Jon already have all 7 kingdoms, who cares about KL right now?

2. Cersei's main force are mercenary's that she can't afford to pay forever

3. The allies are weakened, just siege KL and wait them out

Literally all they need to do is kill time until the Golden Company stops getting paid, OR the population of KL starts starving and revolts, OR until the allies are at full strength and get reinforcements from the Vale and Dorne. 

Just now, Heimdallr said:

This upcoming battle for King's Landing just makes no sense.

1. Dany/Jon already have all 7 kingdoms

North - Sansa

Stormlands - Gendry

Riverlands - Tully 

Vale - Arryn

Dorne - Someone who pledge to Dany

Reach - Occupied Lannister

Westerlands - Lannister

Crownlands - Lannister

Iron Islands - Yara

So basically, they don't have all 7 kingdoms. they have to take King's Landing in a final battle of sorts.

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

So basically, they don't have all 7 kingdoms. they have to take King's Landing in a final battle of sorts.

They don't have to.  Jon's plan would work just as well, but not as quickly.

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

D&D clearly aren't interested in doing the show anymore. Watching the post-episode featurettes it's pretty clear that they're over it. 

These fools should've been fired by HBO. S7 and S8 could've easily been 10 episodes each....

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/5/9/18537794/game-of-thrones-ending-too-quickly-pacing

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

I mean, outside of the prison idea, this isn't a bad thing. But at the same point, why not use Castle Black for the northern house of the free folk? Let them roam the lands above the wall and let them populate it into part of the Kingdom beyond the wall and incorporate that into the 7 kingdoms?

y0X6aB.gif

27 minutes ago, scar988 said:

That'd make sense. Issue then becomes Drogon. Like do they have to kill him?

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Oof yeah I didn't even take that into consideration. Not sure how he factors into all of this. 

Would it be that crazy if Jon just took Drogon over? I mean he is a male Targaryen after all. 

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Would it be that crazy if Jon just took Drogon over? I mean he is a male Targaryen after all. 

I was thinking that but Dany is still his mother, so I doubt he would just be fine with her being killed. 

Maybe Bran wargs into him or something, although I wouldn't bet on him all of a sudden becoming useful now.