Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Looking back on the series who was the best actor? For me it’s Charles Dance he portrayed Tywin perfectly.

This show has brilliant actors across the board. I’d put all of the Lannister family as a grade A with Tyrion being the best. Tyrion, Jamie, Cersei, Tywin, Joffrey, all did phenomenal in their roles. Tormund, meh. 

Ned Stark, Khal Drogo, Varys, Littlefinger, Ramsey also absolutely brilliant. 

Next class Jon Snow, Danny, Rob, Stannis, Davos, Sam, Sansa, etc. all fantastic but in the next tier down imo. Stannis is dry but suppose to be. 

I’m not a big fan of Aryas acting but she’s not bad. 

Don’t like Eurons acting at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

This show has brilliant actors across the board. I’d put all of the Lannister family as a grade A with Tyrion being the best. Tyrion, Jamie, Cersei, Tywin, Joffrey, all did phenomenal in their roles. Tormund, meh. 

Next class Jon Snow, Danny, Rob, Stannis, Davos, Sam, Sansa, etc. all fantastic but in the next tier down imo. Stannis is dry but suppose to be. 

Oberyn was good also, had that swag about him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Did you just forget about Theon? At worst, Alfie Allen is equal to Peter Dinklage in terms of acting quality on the show. 

Edited by skywindO2

Guessing the actor that portrays Euron didn’t read the books. He’s suppose to be one of the most sinister on the show. More sinister than Joffrey or Ramsey but wayyyy smarter than those two fools. 

Eurons acting is super super cheesey and over the top most of the time. He’s more goofy than sinister. Show Euron is like the guy you laugh at for trying to be cool. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Guessing the actor that portrays Euron didn’t read the books. He’s suppose to be one of the most sinister on the show. More sinister than Joffrey or Ramsey but wayyyy smarter than those two fools. 

Eurons acting is super super cheesey and over the top most of the time. He’s more goofy than sinister. Show Euron is like the guy you laugh at for trying to be cool. 

Actually he has read the books. And seemed disappointed that his character didn't follow book Euron more (supernatural stuff, etc.)
He was recently asked about this on Instagram where he mentions this.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Such a horrible scene. They should have missed. And when Rhaegal came in for the kill with a fire blast, that's when he lets one loose just as the dragon gets close enough. Euron gets fried but lives. And the dragon gets a bolt to the mouth.

That would be far more believable.

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I wanted James Purifoy for Euron. Perfect actor to play the ones from the books. But I suppose D&D thought they needed a sailing Cowboy to offset Cersei and her own calm calculating demeanor.

Acting is what they do on Broadway. For shows its the directors picking out his favorite take of 20-40 attempts in different ways which the actor practiced 100 times beforehand each way. They cast for the look and feel they want presented.

Directors feel for what they wanted out of Euron was moronic. He has the look as he could have done it better. The script and director vision handled it horribly.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Acting is what they do on Broadway. For shows its the directors picking out his favorite take of 20-40 attempts in different ways which the actor practiced 100 times beforehand each way. They cast for the look and feel they want presented.

Directors feel for what they wanted out of Euron was moronic. He has the look as he could have done it better. The script and director vision handled it horribly.

Peter Dinklage is the most awarded member of the cast, with recognitions such as the Primetime Emmy Award[9] and Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor in a Series.[10] In addition, cast members Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Maisie Williams, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Diana Rigg, and Max von Sydow received Primetime Emmy Award nominations for their performances in the series.[11] The rest of the cast was also very praised, many receiving various awards nominations, including six Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series nominations rewarding all of the main cast for seasons 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.[12] In 2015, it set a record for winning the most number of Primetime Emmy Awards for a series in a single year, with 12 wins out of 24 nominations.[13] In 2016, it became the most awarded series in Emmy Awards history, with a total of 38 wins.[8] To date, Game of Throneshas won 308 awards out of 596 nominations.

aCtInG iS wHaT tHeY dO oN bRoAdWaY