Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

39 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

His statement was about studios not caring about fan opinion which just isnt true. If the backlash is significant enough then all studios take notice. Do I think they would actually remake the season? No of course not that is ridiculous to think that. But I would assume most people who sign realize that's the case as well but it's a way to voice their displeasure. 

Which if you get 350K votes there are studio heads that are going to read that and about it and keep mental notes on that. 

Thats not how you get their attention. You get their attention by not watching, cancelling your HBO go's, etc. 

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Thats not how you get their attention. You get their attention by not watching, cancelling your HBO go's, etc. 

I think their attention has been gotten. At 885k in less than 3 days. Well over a million by the finale.

Theyre going to feel it. Along with Monday when thousands cancel their HBO subscription. Im one making that call Monday. As a complete package, its pretty powerful. And news outlets have not been kind to them.

25 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

What if D&D lose Star Wars?

They created one of the most popular tv shows of all time. All they need is someone to help with the script 

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Theyre going to feel it. Along with Monday when thousands cancel their HBO subscription. Im one making that call Monday. As a complete package, its pretty powerful. And news outlets have not been kind to them.

Were you not going to cancel HBO after the series no matter what?

31 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This doesn’t create negative media attention, which is the most harmful thing on the planet. The media, imo, is the worst thing on earth, and can absolutely obliterate anyone at anytime regardless of who it is. 

For those defending D&D...

HBO offered them a full season, and even more if they want. They declined. They could of had a full S7, full S8, and even a final S9 if they want. They declined and we get this rushed garbage that feels like a hollywood action flick that hardly makes sense. Or at least doesn’t feel genuine because of how utterly rushed the pacing is. 

D&D imo wanted to get on to Star Wars. More money and they probably lost passion for Game of Thrones. Basically spit in all of our faces because they wanted “to get the show over with”. 

I think the only way they will look back at this and learn from their mistakes is if they  lose Star Wars. And at this point, I think they might. Disney makes the safest decisions in the world and will not like this negative backlash. 

@BayRaider They have the same rights as everyone else when it comes to new jobs. I wish they stepped down and someone finished it, but it’s their right to finish their work. HBO could have removed them if they felt it wasn’t going to be good. They didn’t.

The show is done. It sucks we aren’t getting the end result we wanted, but it is what it is. I have enjoyed the show tremendously over the past 9 years.

• Like 1

Just now, Acgott said:

@BayRaider They have the same rights as everyone else when it comes to new jobs. I wish they stepped down and someone finished it, but it’s their right to finish their work. HBO could have removed them if they felt it wasn’t going to be good. They didn’t.

The show is done. It sucks we aren’t getting the end result we wanted, but it is what it is. I have enjoyed the show tremendously over the past 9 years.

Sorry but if I’m giving a notice, I’m still giving my 100%

23 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Maybe they thought they would be able to wrap it well in the last seasons. Clearly they overestimated themselves 

Yeah they probably convinced themselves they could pull it off but the pacing is an utter mess. 

With Star Wars due out in 2022, they had to end this quick. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah they probably convinced themselves they could pull it off but the pacing is an utter mess. 

With Star Wars due out in 2022, they had to end this quick. 

Yeah it’s disappointing for sure, but it’s all over now. Time to pack up and find a new adventure 

56 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Sorry but if I’m giving a notice, I’m still giving my 100%

I've worked professionally enough to know this isn't true in virtually every scenario. You'd be one guy out of a million.

I worked with a guy who's first job was at a paper mill. He was raising 4 kids and got time and a half every third shift by working 1st shift Monday, 2nd shift Tuesday, and 3rd shift Wednesday. He checked out 2 weeks before his retirement. That's not to say I resented him for it. Great employee, and the only reason I wouldn't hire him again in a heartbeat is because he doesn't need the money and should enjoy his retirement. But he checked out. Everyone does.

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I've worked professionally enough to know this isn't true in virtually every scenario. You'd be one guy out of a million.

I worked with a guy who's first job was at a paper mill. He was raising 4 kids and got time and a half every third shift by working 1st shift Monday, 2nd shift Tuesday, and 3rd shift Wednesday. He checked out 2 weeks before his retirement. That's not to say I resented him for it. Great employee, and the only reason I wouldn't hire him again in a heartbeat is because he doesn't need the money and should enjoy his retirement. But he checked out. Everyone does.

Your experience, sure. Let’s not act like your experience is everyones. Perhaps your field of work is a job everyone hates. It’s been the totally opposite experience for me throughout my working life. 

Also, this is a bad example anyways. None of worked as the head of the top TV show of all time and just rushed and didn’t care about a quality finish and just wanted to rush to their big new movie jobs. If I was the head of GoT I’m definitely giving this beauty it’s proper time and finish. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Your experience, sure. Let’s not act like your experience is everyones. Perhaps your field of work is a job everyone hates. It’s been the totally opposite experience for me throughout my working life. 

You haven't known anyone who's slowed down before leaving a company? Get the hell out of here.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You haven't known anyone who's slowed down before leaving a company? Get the hell out of here.

Nope. I work in the entertainment industry where we gotta display A+ personality/social skills/fun and I’ve never seen someone “stop this” on the way out.