Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

35 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Maybe I'm missing your point, but I don't think you were following things correctly or are mis-remembering details. Jorah was definitely spying for Robert, but it was to get a pardon essentially. Ned was upset because they were plotting to kill a little girl, not because he didn't trust Jorah or anything to that extent. The other stuff you mentioned doesn't really lend itself to him being set-up.

I dont think Ned was upset because of the plotting. It was moments after he got word his wife had kidnapped Tyrion. I think whatever the emergency he was being called for, since he couldnt speak to Robert privately like he wanted to at the moment. He was going to be against it to get away and get his family out of KL before word spread.

On the pardon thing. Robert ruled 17 years, hes really putting in years for that pardon. I guess you could say if Jorah allowed Dany to drink that poisoned wine. He could of been pardoned at that moment. But one example, that way he bolted like I mentioned to Quhor that very moment. and some other moments he had. Seem like he was doing a duty.

Plus, I dont get why Jorah would of needed to try slave trading. I dont get the reason, someone from Bear Island would dabble in such for money. He won in the Arena and is nearly 60. Im sure when he was young, he could of lit arenas up with ease for big paydays like Oberyn.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont think Ned was upset because of the plotting. It was moments after he got word his wife had kidnapped Tyrion. I think whatever the emergency he was being called for, since he couldnt speak to Robert privately like he wanted to at the moment. He was going to be against it to get away and get his family out of KL before word spread.

On the pardon thing. Robert ruled 17 years, hes really putting in years for that pardon. I guess you could say if Jorah allowed Dany to drink that poisoned wine. He could of been pardoned at that moment. But one example, that way he bolted like I mentioned to Quhor that very moment. and some other moments he had. Seem like he was doing a duty.

Plus, I dont get why Jorah would of needed to try slave trading. I dont get the reason, someone from Bear Island would dabble in such for money. He won in the Arena and is nearly 60. Im sure when he was young, he could of lit arenas up with ease for big paydays like Oberyn.

Some of this is veering into book territory, as I can't remember how much of this was divulged in the show, but basically, Jorah won a tourney and asked for the hand of one of the Hightower girls in marriage after winning, and the Hightowers agreed (this was another one of the points that was used in the "jorah was set up" theory as that type of marriage doesn't make a whole ton of sense). The Hightower girl hated Bear Island, and to keep her happy, Jorah and his wife starting spending boat loads of money to keep her happy. When the money was running dry, he turned to slaving. 

I"m also not sure that he's been exiled the entire tenure of Robert's reign. I always assumed he went into exile just a little before the start of the story. No earlier than a couple of years. I don't think that there's confirmation on that though. 

Edited by Forge

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They touched on it in the show, he had an expensive wife who put him in debt.

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Ned was clearly bothered by and completely against killing Dany.

5 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Maybe I'm missing your point, but I don't think you were following things correctly or are mis-remembering details. Jorah was definitely spying for Robert, but it was to get a pardon essentially. Ned was upset because they were plotting to kill a little girl, not because he didn't trust Jorah or anything to that extent. The other stuff you mentioned doesn't really lend itself to him being set-up.

This is how I remember it too

23 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Jorah is an ok fighter, not one of the elites.  He married an expensive wife and had gone into debt.  In order to recoup some of his losses he sold some poachers he caught on his land as slaves.  As a result when found out by most honorable ned stark, he fled westeros to avoid facing the kings justice.  Because of his shame his father jeor mormont went to the wall and took the black and became lord commander without another male heir.  This is why lyanna mormont rules bear island.  As she is the oldest heir with no eligible male heirs in front of her.

• Like 1

Forgot about the expensive wife bit.

When Benjen saves Bran. He says he and the dead cant pass the wall cause there are powerful spells carved into the foundation. s6e10. Surprised Sam didnt run into anything about that combing through the books at Castle Black. Think it could be something he runs into at Old Town? Or since Bran was told about it, if it isnt something he couldnt look into trying to see. Seems like a must have atm.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Forgot about the expensive wife bit.

When Benjen saves Bran. He says he and the dead cant pass the wall cause there are powerful spells carved into the foundation. s6e10. Surprised Sam didnt run into anything about that combing through the books at Castle Black. Think it could be something he runs into at Old Town? Or since Bran was told about it, if it isnt something he couldnt look into trying to see. Seems like a must have atm.

Sam will definitely find something in the books. What is he going to do for the next three episodes. His father is a little preoccupied so he can't attack the Citadel to take his sword back

I thought the wall was going to lose his magical protection when Bran passed through it, but since it happened so early the Night King will just ring the doorbell

8 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Anyone notice jamie goes from being able to ride the horse on the beach and then falls into a deep vast of water 5 feet away.

Somebody already explained this.  You have a really bad habit of complaining about things that have easy explanations.