Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

14 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Speculation time. Who is the Night King? Anyone have any ideas? Is he related to the main characters or is he just some unfortunate individual that got turned. 

Books or show? Show I have no idea. In the books, if that character exists, he's probably meant to be a demi-god, "The Great Other", basically the antithesis of the Lord of Light.

All we know from the show is that it was one of the First Men who were fighting the Children of the Forest.  Whether that was a Stark or not is unknown, as we have no evidence to go on other than the one scene where they show the Children of the Forest turning him into a White Walker.

latest?cb=20170409161542

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Books or show? Show I have no idea. In the books, if that character exists, he's probably meant to be a demi-god, "The Great Other", basically the antithesis of the Lord of Light.

I haven't read the books, but am I correct in thinking that the Night King hasn't been introduced as a proper character yet? Only through references? I'm assuming he'll play a part eventually, especially if he isn't just a random guy. 

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

That doesn't mean he's going to pick up a broadsword to swing around, there are other things he can do that can have a great impact. Tarly as a warrior ain't happening

I think we'll need EVERYONE as a warrior for the night king.

26 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Was reading comments on a random picture on fb and got spoiled on Sundays episode. Facebook sucks.

That's why I broke down and watched the leak.  Had one thing spoiled through social media (on a topic unrelated to Game of Thrones), and didn't want any more spoiled.

1 hour ago, sunnygsm said:

I haven't read the books, but am I correct in thinking that the Night King hasn't been introduced as a proper character yet? Only through references? I'm assuming he'll play a part eventually, especially if he isn't just a random guy. 

That's correct. In the books, the battle of Hardhome completely happens off screen and we only know what sort of happened through Ravens (Jon was not there), and there was nothing at the fist of the firstmen. 

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Eh? They had a massive battle against wights, undead bears included. 

But there was no leader / NK mentioned was my point. Sorry, that was definitely not clear. When I was referring to "there was nothing" I meant in reference to a leader / NK parallel. My apologies. 

Just now, Forge said:

But there was no leader / NK mentioned was my point. Sorry, that was definitely not clear. When I was referring to "there was nothing" I meant in reference to a leader / NK parallel. My apologies. 

Gotcha, yeah NK doesn't have a book parallel at this point.

TVLINE | Clear something up for me: In the Loot Train Battle, Jaime’s horse gallops through water that barely covers its hooves. And then Bronn knocks him off, and all of a sudden he’s sinking into really deep water. 
What you didn’t know was when the dragon landed, its left foot went into this very muddy part of the river and created this crater. And also, what’s not part of the story, which should have been told, I think, is that Bronn for four years was lifeguard at the King’s Landing beach. He saved a lot of people there. Which also explains how he could drag a very heavy Jaime out of the water. I said they should put that into the script, but they were like, “Yeah, we don’t need to do that.” But there are some pictures out there of Bronn sitting out on the beach in his Speedos. It would be great, because Jerome [Flynn] could pull that off. It’s a side of Bronn we haven’t seen. [Laughs]

http://tvline.com/2017/08/17/game-of-thrones-season-7-nikolaj-coster-waldau-interview-cersei-

For anyone wondering.

Just now, mse326 said:

TBH, the producer's just wanted a scene of Jaime jousting towards Dany and her dragon, but they didn't want to deal with the plot consequences of that interaction. Which is why Jaime/Bronn/Dany got off scot-free and Dany's army teleported away while Bronn rescued Jaime. Just gotta shrug and accept it.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea, in fact The Great Other hasn't even been introduced yet. So who knows how it's gonna play out. Or if it does.

To me, that whole plotline is a little creepier if they don't have a leader and you can't just pull out the whole, "cut off the head of the snake" trope.