Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You know the compromise worked when everyone is slightly unhappy. We made the decision on how to deal with this, and I Think it's an acceptable response for everyone. At this point, there's no point in rehashing this. We can still discuss the prior episode, we can discuss theories or just random questions vieweers may have.  Those who have watched the leak can discuss that episode as well without impeding too much on others by use of the spoiler tags. Big threads create subtopics all the time - I remember during the NBA draft thread, there were about 4 of us who had an entire sub conversation about various cities and weather and stuff like that while everyone else was discussing the actual draft lol. It happens. 

But Fooorge I'm gonna have to scroll through maybe 2 or 3 pages of posts that don't apply directly to meee!

10 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:
  Hide contents

I thought the episode was good but there were definitely some questionable moments. That being said, it's a fantasy series. If you're looking for realistic things happening, this ain't the place.

Would rather Jon didn't bend the knee. I agree about only 1 somewhat minor character dying though. 1-2 could've died easily. I was about to cry when it was going to be Tormund.

Spoilers for epi 6 inside.

I think Jon needed to bend the knee to help fuel the storyline with Sansa after he returns. Those lords are upset he left already, and now hes kneeling to a new queen for them. And theyll start leaning towards Sansa. Which will continue to push the Arya/Sansa storyline as well. Cause Arya going to side with and put her trust on Jon.

My issue has been ever since they announced that there were only 13 episodes left. I knew from that moment that it would have to be rushed to tie up all of the story lines. There was no other way. I just don't get their reasoning. Why rush the end of a masterpiece? The show is still good, but it isn't ending as strong as it could have.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

21 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Are you incapable of empathy?  Do you not get that people are looking for separate experiences in life and in entertainment than you and the others (like me) who are okay with spoilers? 

What spoilers? What has been spoiled in this thread? Am I capable of empathy is a pretty dramatic response to try get your point across. As Forge said, theres no point in creating a thread that would last 2-3 days.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Spoilers for epi 6 inside.

Hide contents

I think Jon needed to bend the knee to help fuel the storyline with Sansa after he returns. Those lords are upset he left already, and now hes kneeling to a new queen for them. And theyll start leaning towards Sansa. Which will continue to push the Arya/Sansa storyline as well. Cause Arya going to side with and put her trust on Jon.

That's an interesting theory...not sure how I feel about that. With only 7 episode remaining, I worry about incorporating another rift in the north with the iron throne and the white walker stories both left to finish, both of which could easily fill up that time period. That being said, if you are dealing with only the iron throne and the white walkers, then Sansa basically becomes useless as a character, so she definitely does need some sort of story line to keep moving forward (I feel Arya is an easier one to keep in the story overall without something like this to fuel the story). 

Also, the northern lords are a bunch of waffling punks. Aren't they supposed to be known as being fiercely loyal (outside of the Bolton's, who've had a long history of issues with the Starks)?

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

Hide contents

My issue has been ever since the announced that there were only 13 episodes left. I knew from that moment that it would have to be rushed to tie up all of the story lines. There was no other way. I just don't get their reasoning. Why rush the end of a masterpiece? The show is still good, but it isn't ending as strong as it could have.

]

Agreed. I'm assuming they did it for budget reasons. Showing dragons/fire and White Walkers costs a ton of money and they can't do two full seasons of that. It's why White Walkers haven't been showed as much.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

You know the compromise worked when everyone is slightly unhappy. We made the decision on how to deal with this, and I Think it's an acceptable response for everyone. At this point, there's no point in rehashing this. We can still discuss the prior episode, we can discuss theories or just random questions vieweers may have.  Those who have watched the leak can discuss that episode as well without impeding too much on others by use of the spoiler tags. Big threads create subtopics all the time - I remember during the NBA draft thread, there were about 4 of us who had an entire sub conversation about various cities and weather and stuff like that while everyone else was discussing the actual draft lol. It happens. 

Then so be it.

I will still respectably protest that it's a horrible decision. We tried it in the last forum with the quote white spoilers and by accident or on purpose people posted it. People are not perfect and they will mess up. To minimize the risk we should have created new threads 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

]

Hide contents

Agreed. I'm assuming they did it for budget reasons. Showing dragons/fire and White Walkers costs a ton of money and they can't do two full seasons of that. It's why White Walkers haven't been showed as much.

Yeah, I'm guessing budget was one of the reasons why they decided to do that but I don't think the scenes with WW and dragons have been the ones that have been rushed, it's everything else. I think it's a decision that HBO is going to regret.

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

Hide contents

Yeah, I'm guessing budget was one of the reasons why they decided to do that but I don't think the scenes with WW and dragons have been the ones that have been rushed, it's everything else. I think it's a decision that HBO is going to regret.

I agree with you. The teleporting is annoying and takes away the suspense. I'm not saying the WW and Dragon scenes are rushed but having WW's and Dragons is the reason episodes were cut short. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hardhome Episode costed more 5x more than any other episode that season. And now we have dragons breathing fire every episode which I'm sure cost a ton.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Hide contents

I was defending fantasy on a fantasy show but this is a little ridiculous, IMO.

v6y0c2x7b4gz.jpg

What if the walkers don't have a way to cross the wall? They haven't expanded on the Bran/Night King connection at all, so we don't know that will work. They might just be wandering above it looking for extra dead to reanimate.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Hide contents

What if the walkers don't have a way to cross the wall? They haven't expanded on the Bran/Night King connection at all, so we don't know that will work. They might just be wandering above it looking for extra dead to reanimate.

That would be the ultimate buzzkill. The Night King's true strategy is to draw the humans north and mess their world up by just mass killing them. Would be ultimate mind game.