Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

But there is no conversation without episode talk. Only reason why this thread is 80 pages is because we talk about the episodes.

Now we're basically being told that we can't discuss anything about the episodes until these people have actually seen it. I try not to spoil things. I even avoided going into detail about a possible DoD trilogy for movies out of respect to those who may not have read the books yet.

But a person who says they like something or dislike something. That is no different then what you get from movie reviews. "Siskell and Ebert give it two thumbs up" "Best movie of the year-New York Times". 

Book Spoilers, talking about episodes before they air. I get it, but they are taking their stuff to an extreme now. It has gotten progressively worse. Webby wants to generate discussion, and more activity on the forum. Well it should be allowed to flourish. And not hindered with ridiculous rules.

That is not what is being said - what's being said it to hide the content from those who don't wish to see it. Feel free to discuss the episode, but it needs to be spoilerproofed. I've seen the episode, I Really want to discuss it too. There's no reason that we can't - just take the extra precaution to guard it against the people who don't want to come in here and see it in plain sight. The extra few seconds shouldn't be that big of a deal. 

@Forge @iPwn

Should we have a mod sticky that goes through how we should approach spoilers for any leaks ahead of a show entertainment-forum wide? There are clearly differing opinions and it will be easier long term to have one post that can show people how to "spoiler proof" posts and send a clear line as to what is and what isn't a spoiler?

GoT won't be the last thing leaked, apparently Curb Your Enthusiasm has been leaked already as well. Let's just deal with it globally.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

That is not what is being said - what's being said it to hide the content from those who don't wish to see it. Feel free to discuss the episode, but it needs to be spoilerproofed. I've seen the episode, I Really want to discuss it too. There's no reason that we can't - just take the extra precaution to guard it against the people who don't want to come in here and see it in plain sight. The extra few seconds shouldn't be that big of a deal. 

Ok, but I bet they start complaining about that too. Actually I believe they already had in the last forum because it was "just too tempting to open it" .

Edited by Calvert28

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@Forge @iPwn

Should we have a mod sticky that goes through how we should approach spoilers for any leaks ahead of a show entertainment-forum wide? There are clearly differing opinions and it will be easier long term to have one post that can show people how to "spoiler proof" posts and send a clear line as to what is and what isn't a spoiler?

GoT won't be the last thing leaked, apparently Curb Your Enthusiasm has been leaked already as well. Let's just deal with it globally.

This is probably a good idea. I'm all for this. @iPwn thoughts? 

Good idea, @ramssuperbowl99. Something like this can be used. I wouldn’t create a sticky for it entirely, but putting it in the welcome for this forum, as well as the first post of this thread would be good.

When discussing information from episodes not yet released, whether they be advanced showings or leaked footage, please use the spoiler tags as a courtesy to the many members who prefer to not have that information spoiled for them

[spoiler][/spoiler]

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
15 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

The 13th Lord Commander who fell in love with a wight, neat.

There's part of me that wants Jon Snow to end up with a wight Ygritte in a deal with the Night King. The show hasn't trended that way, but it would fit in the theme of the show that no one is purely good or purely evil and that there's always a deal to be made.

It doesn't fit in Jon's character though. Like at all

Just now, iPwn said:
1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@iPwn is a hipster so he watched it until it went mainstream then stopped around season 3.

I’m actually 3 episodes behind. Moving is the worst. I’ll be caught up soon.

Didn't you hear? All you have to do is read this thread and you'll be all caught up pal

5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:
16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
21 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

The 13th Lord Commander who fell in love with a wight, neat.

There's part of me that wants Jon Snow to end up with a wight Ygritte in a deal with the Night King. The show hasn't trended that way, but it would fit in the theme of the show that no one is purely good or purely evil and that there's always a deal to be made.

It doesn't fit in Jon's character though. Like at all

No it really doesn't. Ever since he died/Lord of Lighted, the show has gone overboard IMO with his doom and gloom brooding character. It really does seem like he'll win the Iron Throne and be miserable just like Ned would have been.