Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

16 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No, it's not the same as reviews to movies.  Reviews are predicated on expectations for a MOVIE.  Reviews/comments on a TV show like Game of Thrones are based on comparisons to previous episodes.  Nobody would have come in and said, "ZOMG, that episode was fuego!" for last week's episode.  Coming in and saying, "I've watched the last 15 minutes ten times already" referring to episode five is, in fact, a spoiler no matter what kind of justification you and the others try to come up with. 

Ridiculous.

Guys, we need to drop this conversation. People view it differently, and that's okay. There's no use continuing a conversation that isn't going to go anywhere. As @skywlker32 said, it's not that hard to spoiler proof the post and hide the content. Out of respect for all posters, this is what should be done, even if it's just something like "I like it or didn't like it". You don't have to agree with it, but do it out of respect for those that do feel its being spoiled. BayRaider has already said that he would do it in the future, and this was an honest mistake. There's no point in continuing with the  conversation. 

Before it was simple because the threads were set up:

Game of Thrones (no book spoilers)

and

A Song of Ice and Fire

Now, the show is the only thing with spoilers. This doesn't make it that much more complicated - don't discuss an episode that hasn't been aired on Sunday. Don't comment on the episode. You can say it's leaked etc, but we are not a review company. We come here to discuss the show and what may happen etc. No one wants to hear your opinion on a episode they haven't seen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

Getting back on topic again...Aegon the Conqueror is likely not going to be a spinoff based on GRRM's feelings on doing a Robert's Rebellion. We likely already know too much of the story to get a full show on Aegon the Conqueror, but I could be wrong.

An iron bank or citadel show would be interesting.

My gut tells me that it'll be something parallel with the main story. I don't think that we are going back in time a considerable distance, or anything like that. I could see something with the citadel, or the iron bank. I could see something to do with some of the mercenary companies in Essos. Maybe a show focused on the golden company or something? I think that there's a good chance that we see more of the world than just westeros (especially if we keep it modern day) 

9 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Back to the actual topic, does anyone else have thoughts on where they could go with the spinoffs? The iron bank or citadel would be interesting I think and could follow either the iron bank guy that we have seen or a maester that we already know for the basis.

Maester Aemon may be an interesting one, you could cover some Targ history, the citadel and night's watch.

Aside from the Citadel and the Iron Bank, something on Howland Reed and his family, as the only thing that we know about them is through Jojen and Meera. The swamps of the Neck (where he and the crannogmen reside) has a decent bit of mystery surrounding it too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There are people who think "I liked it" or "awesome episode" is a spoiler.

Ugh, I'm really trying. Still getting notifications though.

There is a difference between 'I liked it' and 'It was a top 5 episode of the series and best of the season'. There is a difference between a movie and an episode of a TV show. A more accurate analogy would be like saying "The last half hour was amazing!", leading me to watch the whole movie waiting for that last half hour.

@Calvert28 HBO accidently leaked it in Spain. From what I know, it wasn't actually aired on TV (but not sure). You are literally the biggest troll I've ever seen if you are seriously comparing  an episode from a week and a half ago to one that hasn't aired yet.

Now let's everyone get back to discussing the actual show that has been aired, or the leaks, or whatever you want. As long as you stop quoting me, I won't be back until after the finale.

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Guys, we need to drop this conversation. People view it differently, and that's okay. There's no use continuing a conversation that isn't going to go anywhere. As @skywlker32 said, it's not that hard to spoiler proof the post and hide the content. Out of respect for all posters, this is what should be done, even if it's just something like "I like it or didn't like it". You don't have to agree with it, but do it out of respect for those that do feel its being spoiled. BayRaider has already said that he would do it in the future, and this was an honest mistake. There's no point in continuing with the  conversation. 

But there is no conversation without episode talk. Only reason why this thread is 80 pages is because we talk about the episodes.

Now we're basically being told that we can't discuss anything about the episodes until these people have actually seen it. I try not to spoil things. I even avoided going into detail about a possible DoD trilogy for movies out of respect to those who may not have read the books yet.

But a person who says they like something or dislike something. That is no different then what you get from movie reviews. "Siskell and Ebert give it two thumbs up" "Best movie of the year-New York Times". 

Book Spoilers, talking about episodes before they air. I get it, but they are taking their stuff to an extreme now. It has gotten progressively worse. Webby wants to generate discussion, and more activity on the forum. Well it should be allowed to flourish. And not hindered with ridiculous rules.

I would like to see the fall of Valyria. I would like to see the first man settlers on Westeros. I wouldn't mind seeing the first WW attack and building The Wall and wildlings stuff from a long time ago. The 13th Lord Commander who fell in love with a wight, neat.

I would NOT like to see: anything that is in the same timeline as this story (not including flashbacks). I feel everyone wants Robert's Rebellion, myself included, but they have already stated that more flashbacks are coming/they will cover the important points. And they're going to have to when they explain how Jon is a Starkgaryen. So that's probably why they won't do one. Also young Ned was terrible

Other than Robert's Rebellion, I have no interest in character development of the characters we know from the show. No interest in a Bronn prequel. None in a young Ned or Littlefinger. A Song of Ice and Fire has a DETAILED and long history. Use those stories, don't use it to tell us how Bronn was beaten as a child and that's why he has commitment issues and is a sell-sword. We got that already

19 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Ugh, I'm really trying. Still getting notifications though.

There is a difference between 'I liked it' and 'It was a top 5 episode of the series and best of the season'. There is a difference between a movie and an episode of a TV show. A more accurate analogy would be like saying "The last half hour was amazing!", leading me to watch the whole movie waiting for that last half hour.

@Calvert28 HBO accidently leaked it in Spain. From what I know, it wasn't actually aired on TV (but not sure). You are literally the biggest troll I've ever seen if you are seriously comparing  an episode from a week and a half ago to one that hasn't aired yet.

Now let's everyone get back to discussing the actual show that has been aired, or the leaks, or whatever you want. As long as you stop quoting me, I won't be back until after the finale.

Well think of it as an early review. You CAN choose whether or not to count or discount what someone says about something. Go ask @KManX89 about reviews. Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, etc. It's done all the time. Its a time honored tradition to give a rating before the stuff airs by critics.

And if you can't put something out of your mind such as "This was awesome" or "That blew" from someone who you don't even know. You might need to work on your self esteem or gullibility something that will allow you to shut out outside influences. I can't imagine the griping you do after watching CNN or Fox News.

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

The 13th Lord Commander who fell in love with a wight, neat.

There's part of me that wants Jon Snow to end up with a wight Ygritte in a deal with the Night King. The show hasn't trended that way, but it would fit in the theme of the show that no one is purely good or purely evil and that there's always a deal to be made.