Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

9 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Great so who's going to be THAT guy here that is going to post a spoiler b/c they can't wait to watch the episode?

I think I might have to avoid this thread for the rest of the week just in case. I know someone will slip.......

Normally, that guy would be me. HOWEVER, I'm not watching the episode until Sunday for that very reason.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

My exact first sentence was "enough of this" because this has happened countless times. If it was just about the 2nd to last episode, I probably would've let it go, but people having to be the first out there to watch an episode and comment on whether it was good or bad have already ruined a few episodes for me. Not to mention it's only Wednesday. If this episode is top 5 like has been said, the odds of people keeping every detail to themselves for 5 days aren't that great.

What's so hard about not going on a public forum and giving your opinion until after the episode airs?

Really? The entire episode was ruined for you because someone said it was good. You've never had a buddy say, "hey man you need to watch this movie/TV show, it's really good"? Do you yell at your friends about spoilers when they do that? No. Because it's not a plot event. "Don't see the new Transformers movie, it sucked" isn't spoiling anything.

If someone says "Jon dies", that's a spoiler and shouldn't be posted. But this isn't a thread full of people yelling "Snape kills Dumbledore", it's people who want to talk about the reaction to the episode that they've seen. If you don't want to see it until HBO officially airs it, fine, that's your decision. But this is a public forum, and people who have seen the episode are already showing you a lot of respect by not discussing actual spoilers, but just their overall "good/bad" interpretation of the episode. If you think that people's honest, generic reaction is a spoiler, don't click.

And, just because it's so easy:
What's so hard about not clicking on a public forum if you know leaks exist and think any discussion of an episode whatsoever is a spoiler?

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Really? The entire episode was ruined for you because someone said it was good. You've never had a buddy say, "hey man you need to watch this movie/TV show, it's really good"? Do you yell at your friends about spoilers when they do that? No. Because it's not a plot event. "Don't see the new Transformers movie, it sucked" isn't spoiling anything.

If someone says "Jon dies", that's a spoiler and shouldn't be posted. But this isn't a thread full of people yelling "Snape kills Dumbledore", it's people who want to talk about the reaction to the episode that they've seen. If you don't want to see it until HBO officially airs it, fine, that's your decision. But this is a public forum, and people who have seen the episode are already showing you a lot of respect by not discussing actual spoilers, but just their overall "good/bad" interpretation of the episode. If you think that people's honest, generic reaction is a spoiler, don't click.

And, just because it's so easy:
What's so hard about not clicking on a public forum if you know leaks exist and think any discussion of an episode whatsoever is a spoiler?

Saying "Don't see the new Transformer movie, it sucked" DOES spoil something. First off, it lowers my anticipation for the movie to the point where I will even debate seeing it in theaters (or at all). Secondly, I know the storyline and plot of the movie most likely aren't that strong (depending on the friend who says it to me).

They are discussing an episode which hasn't aired. Plain and simple. Some people like myself choose not to watch the leak, but a lot also don't even have the capability to download streams or know how. Let me ask you this, if a poster came out and said this episode was "slow", would that be considered a spoiler to you? On one hand, they didn't spoil and plot details but on the other, you're pretty sure there aren't any big action sequences. I'm curious about your take on that.

What's so hard about not clicking on a public forum if you know leaks exist and think any discussion of an episode whatsoever is a spoiler? Because I should be able to post on a message board I've been a member on for a long time without the fear of my favorite show getting spoiled days before it is actually shown on television.

That's the last I'm going to say on the subject. I'll be avoiding this thread for the rest of the week, and possibly the next at the rate these are getting leaked. It's obvious some can't contain themselves for a few days and don't think it's a big deal to tell others what to expect in the next episode, so there's really no point in continuing this back and forth to clog up the thread.

Edited by JonStark

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Saying "Don't see the new Transformer movie, it sucked" DOES spoil something. First off, it lowers my anticipation for the movie to the point where I will even debate seeing it in theaters (or at all). Secondly, I know the storyline and plot of the movie most likely aren't that strong (depending on the friend who says it to me).

They are discussing an episode which hasn't aired. Plain and simple. Some people like myself choose not to watch the leak, but a lot also don't even have the capability to download streams or know how. Let me ask you this, if a poster came out and said this episode was "slow", would that be considered a spoiler to you? On one hand, they didn't spoil and plot details but on the other, you're pretty sure there aren't any big action sequences. I'm curious about your take on that.

This is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Most GoT episodes are good. Most Transformers movies are bad, why is why I used it as an example despite not having seen the last one (or the one before that). 

If someone came out and said the episode was "slow", which happened in this thread, no I wouldn't consider it a spoiler. I don't know there aren't any big action sequences, and in fact, I'm pretty confident there will be given the second to last episode thing, the fact that it got teased like crazy last episode, and the general fact that the overall plot of the season needs a fight between Jon Snow and the White Walkers to happen.

What's so hard about not clicking on a public forum if you know leaks exist and think any discussion of an episode whatsoever is a spoiler? Because I should be able to post on a message board I've been a member on for a long time without the fear of my favorite show getting spoiled days before it is actually shown on television.

"Because I should be able to post on a message board I've been a member on for a long time about the TV show I just watched and want to talk about". Goes both ways. And people have shown a lot of courtesy by not discussing actual specifics.

That's the last I'm going to say on the subject. I'll be avoiding this thread for the rest of the week, and possibly the next at the rate these are getting leaked. It's obvious some can't contain themselves for a few days and don't think it's a big deal to tell others what to expect in the next episode, so there's really no point in continuing this back and forth to clog up the thread.

Smart. See you Sunday.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

48 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The leak is high quality (1080p ish) so watch it on something better than a phone screen.

Yeah. I want to go ahead and watch it before I get spoiled. I know there will be spoilers everywhere. Ill watch it a second time on something better. Plus, I have nothing else better to do on my lunch break today. 

Just now, JonStark said:

That's besides the point. I had no idea episode 4 was going to end like it did, yet because of people going on about how great it was, I was waiting the whole episode for something big to happen. I'm not sure how people can't see that that can be considered spoiling...

Because there are idiots in here.  Two in particular.  One that I don't think finished high school. 

Watched it. 

I still agree with other people. Even posting a reaction is spoilerish. When you start putting it in top 5 episodes of the series, it kills suspense because you expect something is there. You just end up waiting for something the whole time. Dodging finale spoilers is going to be a nightmare. 

Edited by sunnygsm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Watched it. 

I still agree with other people. Even posting a reaction is spoilerish. When you start putting it in top 5 episodes of the series, it kills suspense because you expect something is there. You just end up waiting for something the whole time. Dodging finale spoilers is going to be a nightmare. 

How long is the episode?

I'm not looking for a response, just sharing my thoughts on the episode. Plus it could help people decide on whether they want to watch it live or download the leak. I really do think you need to lighten up though and I don't mean any disrespect by it. I'm looking from your perspective and if someone saw something before me and said it was really good, it wouldn't bother me at all. Unless your someone that easily gets hyped up/let down and also easily influenced. 

Anyways I guarantee you there will be nothing said about the episode before Sunday night. Nobody ia gonna be that inconsiderate. Although you might get a few more people saying the episode was good or whatever their opinion is. So consider that fully when clicking this thread up until Sunday. 

30 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Because there are idiots in here.  Two in particular.  One that I don't think finished high school. 

Insulting people is childish and shows how low character/intelligence you are. In my 5200 posts ive never once insulted anyone no matter how much I have disagreed with their opinion or perspective. Grow up man. Were here to discuss/debate with each other and have a good time. Not call each other idiots. 

@BayRaider and anyone else, we went through this before over here, couldn't you have just hidden your comment on the episode so that someone could read it if they would like?

[edit] Incase you aren't aware, you can type out ]spoiler[ and ]/spoiler[ (revers all brackets to display correctly) at either end of text and it will show in a hidden content box like this...

This is where spoilers go

Edited by skywlker32
explain hidden text
  • Like 2