Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

A bit of a slower episode but I like episodes when the tension is allowed to build. 

God knows how they hope to find a single Walker, and judging by the preview, they don't. 

Surely the North + Danys army and dragons is enough? 

Take care of Cersei quickly then head North. 

Also love how people accept dragons exist but laugh off the idea of White Walkers. 

The difference in time to when they were lost is the reason. It's only been around 300 years since Aegon conquered westeros and they had the dragon skulls in the redkeep until Robert moved them into a dungeon. And all the great houses were around at that time.

The White Walkers have been seen for over 10,000 years. Most of the great houses didn't exist as the Andals don't come over for several thousand years after the First Men defeated the White walkers. 

It's pretty easy to understand how 1 is excepted and the other seen as myth

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

Eh living in a world like Westeros I would believe almost anything. 

Maybe as an educated westerner but in Westoros you would probably be an illiterate peasant who never traveled farther than 50 miles from where you were born.You might be more skeptical and dismiss many things viewers have seen in the show as nonsense.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Maybe as an educated westerner but in Westoros you would probably be an illiterate peasant who never traveled farther than 50 miles from where you were born.You might be more skeptical and dismiss many things viewers have seen in the show as nonsense.

Yeah maybe. But the citadel were laughing everything off too. Maybe it's just me. Just think far too many strange things have occurred over history to suddenly be so flippant. 

I have to agree that folks who watch leaked episodes shouldn't post their reactions until the episode airs live. Stating something is a top 5 episode implies that there will be some exciting scenes in the episode, which is a spoiler in and of itself. Sure, it might not be a plot spoiler or a character spoiler, but reaction spoilers are still spoilers. Then those kinds of people act like their ish don't stink and that everyone shouldn't be upset.

Given that the show has progressed far past the books, I think the title should be changed from no book spoilers to no leak spoilers, which common sense would lead people to understand that includes reactions to leaked episodes but hey, those folks are special snowflakes who have to tell all the other people what to expect instead of having common decency to let them enjoy it for themselves. It's like someone watching the Red Wedding early then claiming "OMG top 5 episode" so then people watching it expect something to happen.

• Like 2

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

I have to agree that folks who watch leaked episodes shouldn't post their reactions until the episode airs live. Stating something is a top 5 episode implies that there will be some exciting scenes in the episode, which is a spoiler in and of itself. Sure, it might not be a plot spoiler or a character spoiler, but reaction spoilers are still spoilers. Then those kinds of people act like their ish don't stink and that everyone shouldn't be upset.

Its the 2nd to last episode of the season and got teased like crazy at the end of the last episode. If you don't know that the next episode is going to be good, you haven't been paying attention.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Its the 2nd to last episode of the season and got teased like crazy at the end of the last episode. If you don't know that the next episode is going to be good, you haven't been paying attention.

That's besides the point. I had no idea episode 4 was going to end like it did, yet because of people going on about how great it was, I was waiting the whole episode for something big to happen. I'm not sure how people can't see that that can be considered spoiling...

Just now, JonStark said:

That's besides the point. I had no idea episode 4 was going to end like it did, yet because of people going on about how great it was, I was waiting the whole episode for something big to happen. I'm not sure how people can't see that that can be considered spoiling...

Somebody posted that the 2nd to last episode of the season was awesome and you got all twisted up about it - it's exactly the point.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Somebody posted that the 2nd to last episode of the season was awesome and you got all twisted up about it - it's exactly the point.

My exact first sentence was "enough of this" because this has happened countless times. If it was just about the 2nd to last episode, I probably would've let it go, but people having to be the first out there to watch an episode and comment on whether it was good or bad have already ruined a few episodes for me. Not to mention it's only Wednesday. If this episode is top 5 like has been said, the odds of people keeping every detail to themselves for 5 days aren't that great.

What's so hard about not going on a public forum and giving your opinion until after the episode airs?

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It being the second to last episode doesn't mean it has to be awesome. Maybe it could have been a slow paced dialogue filled episode, with the action sequence being the last 5 minutes and ending in a cliff hanger. We don't know that isn't the case, not until we watch it live... or get spoiled by someone's reaction.