Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

22 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Except even there, Elizabeth said she was passing over Charles for William when she steps down.

Where on did you read that to say it as fact?  

I know that its been speculated upon as a way of maintaining the popularity of the monarchy in Commonwealth realms such as Canada and Australia to prevent them from becoming republics, but afaik its never been said by anyone with any actual authority

Sam has been at the Citadel for months, maybe even years at this point.  He left Castle Black before Jon even got killed as LC of the NW.  Since then Jon has come back to life, gathered a wildling army, retaken Winterfell, been declared King in the North, ruled there for an undetermined amount of time, sailed to Dragonstone, was there long enough to mine a ship full of Dragonglass, sailed to Eastwatch, and has now journeyed north of the Wall with the Regulators.  Point being, Sam's been there quite a long time at this point and has been looking for info pretty much that entire time.  It's perfectly feasible he's stashed stuff to look into already.

44 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Except even there, Elizabeth said she was passing over Charles for William when she steps down.

This has not been said at all. Charles has the lowest approval rating of any of the royal family but the queen can't just decide to pass the crown onto William. Charles is next in line of succession, whether he would choose to abdicate the crown quickly is another matter but there's some constitutional issues there also.

59 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Wait, how would Edmure Tully be the 3rd dragon? That would be a huge letdown. That dude is a pansy.

As for the GOT Suicide Squad, who do you think makes it? I think The Hound survives, if only because I cant see a way he doesn't face his brother at some point. I think Gendry survives, because it would be pretty absurd to kill him an episode into his arc. And Jon survives, because he is too integral to the story.  

I think Beric and Thoros have to die, because as much as I like them as characters, I don't see their role in the 'long game' (Or 'too short game' seeing how fast this is all being concluded).

Jorah and/or Tormud must die to give the fans some feels, because no one will care too much about Beric and Thoros.

I think there may be a future between Tormud and Brienne, at least to the point where I personally think they die semi romantic moment as the dead storm Winterfell. Maybe taking a WW with them.

So ya, after review I think Jorah, Beric and Thoros are toast. And I think the excursion north will be exciting but piss everyone off because it will wrap up in 3-5 minutes (JK, sorta)

I'd agree with Beric and Thoros. Probably Gendry to, do we even know he's getting an arc? 

I don't think Tormund will die, he's the "face of the Wildlings" much like GreyWorm is the face of the unsullied, and to kill him off now would mean we're pretty much done with the Wildlings? As it's too late to introduce a new prominent figure now, which I don't think will be the case, the wildlings probably have a large role to play in S8 when the focus is predominantly on the battle with the Night King.

Edited by Magnifico

I'd agree with Beric and Thoros. Probably Gendry to, do we even know he's getting an arc?

I don't see any point in bringing Gendry back for one episode only to kill him off the next. I think he could potentially play a surprisingly large role, at the very least he is going to reconnect with Arya and then forge dragonglass weapons at Winterfell. At the very most, he is going to be the 3rd dragon since he has kings blood (Or does it have to be Targ blood to ride?).

What is the age gap between Gendry and Arya? I could see something there potentially.

Agreed on Tormund, after thinking about it, very unlikely that he dies.

I personally don't think Grey Worm survives this season, the Unsullied have less importance than the Wildlings in terms of story ark.

34 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I don't see any point in bringing Gendry back for one episode only to kill him off the next. I think he could potentially play a surprisingly large role, at the very least he is going to reconnect with Arya and then forge dragonglass weapons at Winterfell. At the very most, he is going to be the 3rd dragon since he has kings blood (Or does it have to be Targ blood to ride?).

What is the age gap between Gendry and Arya? I could see something there potentially.

Agreed on Tormund, after thinking about it, very unlikely that he dies.

I personally don't think Grey Worm survives this season, the Unsullied have less importance than the Wildlings in terms of story ark.

House Baratheon was founded by a Targaryen bastard, though. So this could make sense.

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Wait, how would Edmure Tully be the 3rd dragon? That would be a huge letdown. That dude is a pansy.

I was making a bad joke, as I don't think there's enough evidence currently that Tyrion is a Targaryan and basing Edmure off the facts that he has 2 siblings and his mother died in childbirth.

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:
1 hour ago, scar988 said:

House Baratheon was founded by a Targaryen bastard, though. So this could make sense.

And Robert's grandmother was a Targ so there's a more direct blood link too fwiw

Ooooh... that would be neat.

And Robert's grandmother was a Targ so there's a more direct blood link too fwiw

Ya, I think Gendry is more likely to be the 3rd dragon than Tyrion.

It gives the creators a 3rd dragon that you can kill off before whatever final battle happens. If he is the 3rd dragon, he will be the first dragon to die IMO. Then I assume one of Jon / Khaleesi also die but in some sort of final battle with the WW. Hopefully Khallesi

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

It gives the creators a 3rd dragon that you can kill off before whatever final battle happens. If he is the 3rd dragon, he will be the first dragon to die IMO. Then I assume one of Jon / Khaleesi also die but in some sort of final battle with the WW. Hopefully Khallesi

Oops.

7 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I don't know that we ever get to the point where we need three riders. I said it a few pages back - the second to last episode of the season has always been a monster season where major stuff happens in the Game of thrones history - my wild card prediction is that a dragon bites the dust in this episode coming up. Drogon will be the last to die (if he dies at all), given he is the most notable with regard to the story, and Rhaegal seems destined for Jon given that he's named after Jon's father. That leaves Viserion to bite the dust. 

• Like 2