Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Pulled this from Reddit 

Interesting.  But then how does The Hound manage to break through the ice with a single hammer blow if its over 1 foot thick?

Gotta love the lengths some superfans will go to try to figure these things out instead of just complaining about them like me :D

6 minutes ago, drd23 said:

- I hated the Arya/Sansa scenes in this episode

we don't know where it's going

6 minutes ago, drd23 said:

- like many others thought it was a little ridiculous that the raven made it to Dragonstone so quickly,

we don't really know how long they were there

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

- it was stupid that Jon didn't get on Drogon,

yes

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

- stupid that the NK can throw a javelin/spear like its a damn rocket,

I mean it's a dead thing throwing at a dragon... I'm fine with it lol

8 minutes ago, drd23 said:

- stupid that he aimed at Viserion instead of Drogon,  

maybe, wasn't Viserion merking the dead people tho?

them surviving while fighting was the dumbest part. it was one at a time even tho there was thousands on the ice.

Also Bran needs to be a part of the show somehow, dude hasn't done anything of note since coming back.

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Oh, and another thing I thought was stupid was Jon now deciding to bend the knee - he's been arguing that he can't because the northern lords don't want another southern ruler, but now that Dany came to save him none of that matters now o.O

I think that Tormund reassured him that it was probably the right thing to do. I also believe that Dany gained his trust by saving all of them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Oh, and another thing I thought was stupid was Jon now deciding to bend the knee - he's been arguing that he can't because the northern lords don't want another southern ruler, but now that Dany came to save him none of that matters now o.O

He’s not bending the knee. They’re falling for each other. 

2 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I think part of what influenced that was his conversation with Tormund when Tormund mentioned how Mance refused to bend the knee and said "how many of his people died because of his pride". This would have likely struck a major chord along with earlier in the season when Dany said "Isn't their safety more important than your pride".

That's the exact same thing Jon tried to convince Mance of before he was executed...so between the things Dany and Tormund said to him...and him realizing that Dany truly is willing to risk everything for what she believes is right just like he is (There was certainly no guarantee she'd make it out of there either...which was made even more evident once Viserion was killed) it's not a stretch at all that he would come to decide that deciding to recognize her as queen is what's best for everyone...of all the complaints I've seen about the episode this is the one that to me can be explained and justified the most.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

I think part of what influenced that was his conversation with Tormund when Tormund mentioned how Mance refused to bend the knee and said "how many of his people died because of his pride". This would have likely struck a major chord along with earlier in the season when Dany said "Isn't their safety more important than your pride".

That's reasonable.  

Now that you've brought it up I remember thinking something along those lines at the time of that scene but then got caught up by some of the other things I thought didn't make sense and forgot about it

• Like 1

To me, it seemed quite clear that the “I can’t have children” line was Dany positing an equal partnership, and no longer asking that he bend the knee.

1 minute ago, Jetfan66 said:

The magical spells that keep the White Walkers beyond the wall can be considered a myth now, right? They carried a wight through the wall to bring south.

They were at the edge of the wall. Probably flew around the end to come in for a close landing.