brownie man

Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?

• Yes
    • No and gets fired during season
    • No and get fired after the season

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

It's certainly possible, but remember her bias. It first became clear in the offseason when she used a Hue quote out of context, then Hue shut her down in his next presser.

Since then, her tweets have HEAVILY favored Todd Haley, without an ounce of criticism for his playcalling, which is EXTREMELY deserving of criticism.

It's hard to imagine Baker is frustrated with Hue only, and not with Todd's playcalling, the personnel, or anything else.

Well, he appears to have a brain, so he probably knows the staff is garbage like everyone else.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

He also works with him on a daily basis. Most of the players who have done that seem to think otherwise, unlike "everybody else."

You are in a decided minority, @MistaBohmbastic.

It's not only we fans but national media who have Huey pegged for what he is.

I guess kids, which I regard many/most of the players as, might not see through him, yet.

Maybe they do but just do not want to be the next player thrown under the Huey bus.

And, regardless, “you are what your record says you are”  -- Bill Parcells

Can't think of any coach in professional sports who has survived a record as p-poor as Huey's or any such coach who didn't deserve more to be shown the door.

Just now, bruceb said:

You are in a decide minority, @MistaBohmbastic.

It's not only we fans but national media who have Huey pegged for what he is.

I guess kids, which I regard many/most of the players as, might not see through him, yet.

Maybe they do but just do not want to be the next player thrown under the Huey bus.

And, regardless, “you are what your record says you are”  -- Bill Parcells

Can't think of any coach in professional sports who has survived a record as p-poor as Huey's or any such coach who didn't deserve more to be shown the door.

I know I'm in the minority. For the record, I'm okay with firing him. I absolutely think he's a big part of this losing culture, but I don't think he's as much a part of it as so many of you think, and that's why I understand the Browns continuing to give him chances.

We've never heard a player come out and bash him, or say cryptic things to the media that are clear shots at Hue. With coaches who get fired, that happens all the time. Yet, guys like Joe Thomas and Pacman Jones have spoken extremely highly about him. 

5 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I absolutely think he's a big part of this losing culture, but I don't think he's as much a part of it as so many of you think

He personifies the losing culture.

Blaming everyone else publicly is about as low as one can go when it is the one most responsible for the failure.

That is immoral, and that is Huey.

23 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He personifies the losing culture.

Blaming everyone else publicly is about as low as one can go when it is the one most responsible for the failure.

That is immoral, and that is Huey.

Or maybe he's trying to encourage others to be accountable for their actions. Bitonio spoke today about how the players know they're responsible for all the penalties and mistakes with execution. 

I'll admit this isn't the way we typically see someone exhibit leadership, but it's plausible.

34 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

By calling them out, like Bill does to Pats players in the film room.

Well all coaches call out players in the film room. You look for mistakes, acknowledge and try to correct them. That isn't the same as doing it in the media.

criticizing Kessler after a great half. Saying anyone could have ran for 60 yards when Crowell did it. Blamed lack of talent for failures. Claimed no coach could have done what he did his first two seasons. I can win with RGIII. Wrong. If I'm worth my salt... Wrong. Mayfield has a lot to learn until he gets on Taylor's level and I'm not giving him any 1st team reps because I said it a long time ago and I'm sticking with it. So much to chose from with him. I don't even hate him. I would never want to work for him, but I don't hate him. Remove the non-coaching stuff and I'm okay with him, for now. He certainly doesn't look average or better but acceptable as we build. Add the other stuff and yeah, hard to like him. I just want to win and I don't care if he is here, he can take the credit (and he would) for it all, we'll know what is really going on.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, buno67 said:

Again those players would be potentially putting the team in the playoffs, not Hue. If the Browns had a legit, competent HC they would be in the thick of the playoff race. 

Also you really can’t say that abour Gordon because we have no idea what kind of gordon we are getting week to week. Are we getting training camp Gordon, are we getting Steelers week Gordon, or are they getting shooting a workout promo video Gordon

hi buno thanks for the answer

my thought on hue is this unless we have somebody that is clearly better hue than why fire him

Archived