Will Hue Jackson be our coach in 2019?

brownie man

Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?

• Yes
    • No and gets fired during season
    • No and get fired after the season

What's happening here with Hue is not rare at all and is actually typical if you follow the game and its coaches closely.

There was no need to say something about the play-calling after the game in the presser to the media, but given the context of football coaching history and present it is not atypical if you follow as much football as many of us do.

I've said it many times throughout the years, a HC has to be a leader that can hold players and coaches accountable for what they say at pressers b/c the goal of the presser is to not create outside pressure controversy.

Interestingly, I made a list a while back of how many HC out of 32 had beat writers pen columns about the HC "throwing players/coaches under the bus" or had public comments that were sensationalized to become controversial in pressers. It was a fun research project.

The results indicated were that in 2016, 22 of 32 ; 2017, 26 of 32 HC could be classified in that category.

This year is no different if you follow national headlines about coaches. Interestingly, such lists always include even beloved football coaches in the NFL fan mind like Doug Pederson, Mike Zimmer, Scott McVay, Wade Phillips, Kyle Shannahan, Ron Rivera, Dan Quinn, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid...

The Belichikian press conference model of pure unadulterated coach speak is rare rare and if you have followed the NFL for decades you'd realize that it was even rarer in the Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh, Mike Holmgren, Mike Shannahan, **** Vermail, Dan Reeves, Mike Shula Eras...

Coaches would call players out in the media all the time...

Belichick has recalibrated the coach speak standards in an amazing way.

The Belichick way and model has proven to be the best and most effective public perception and media narrative control way of leadership that insulates the players and coaches as best as possible from outside noise.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

What's happening here with Hue is not rare at all and is actually typical if you follow the game and its coaches closely.

There was no need to say something about the play-calling after the game in the presser to the media, but given the context of football coaching history and present it is not atypical if you follow as much football as many of us do.

I've said it many times throughout the years, a HC has to be a leader that can hold players and coaches accountable for what they say at pressers b/c the goal of the presser is to not create outside pressure controversy.

Interestingly, I made a list a while back of how many HC out of 32 had beat writers pen columns about the HC "throwing players/coaches under the bus" or had public comments that were sensationalized to become controversial in pressers. It was a fun research project.

The results indicated were that in 2016, 22 of 32 ; 2017, 26 of 32 HC could be classified in that category.

This year is no different if you follow national headlines about coaches. Interestingly, such lists always include even beloved football coaches in the NFL fan mind like Doug Pederson, Mike Zimmer, Scott McVay, Wade Phillips, Kyle Shannahan, Ron Rivera, Dan Quinn, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid...

The Belichikian press conference model of pure unadulterated coach speak is rare rare and if you have followed the NFL for decades you'd realize that it was even rarer in the Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh, Mike Holmgren, Mike Shannahan, **** Vermail, Dan Reeves, Mike Shula Eras...

Coaches would call players out in the media all the time...

Belichick has recalibrated the coach speak standards in an amazing way.

The Belichick way and model has proven to be the best and most effective public perception and media narrative control way of leadership that insulates the players and coaches as best as possible from outside noise.

It's not a black and white stat though. As with anything, there are subtleties and degrees of compentency in laying out criticism. 

Hue absolutely sucks at it. He's tone deaf. He's says things that simply aren't smart or necessary. 

The only real issue the team has this season is converting on those one or two key possessions that come up in every game and tend to be decisive. It's confidence/attitude, situational football and playcalling imo. 

But it's also not surprising at all given the youth/talent level at all the key positions. 

He doesn't need to say, I need to get my hands back on the offense, he needs to recognize and say the truth... which is something to the effect of..... it's a too young team at key positions and they're just learning how to make those clutch plays....and he and the coaches are learning which clutch plays to call in those pivotal situations.

He's just finger pointing, as he's always done, instead of leading and everyone sees it.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I wouldn’t have as much issue with Hue holding people publicly accountable if he didn’t deflect every arrow where he should take his own personal ownership. 

Which is crazy that Baker has accepted blame when he hasn’t deserved it. 

We need a coach who can get players to buck up when they need to and win the game when it counts. Who can make right decisions and play calls in high pressure situations. 

Williams has had that effect on the defense. Hue's offense tends to flounder every golden opportunity they have.

At this point Hue is probably just teaching Baker how to lose.

10 hours ago, matt27j said:

We need a coach who can get players to buck up when they need to and win the game when it counts. Who can make right decisions and play calls in high pressure situations. 

Williams has had that effect on the defense. Hue's offense tends to flounder every golden opportunity they have.

At this point Hue is probably just teaching Baker how to lose.

Yeah who would you trust more, a coach who said they did this with Kurt Warner and Big Ben or the Coach who said they did this with Jason Campbell and Andy Dalton...

i think this Hue v Haley is going to cause Baker to pick one over the other. Gonna turn into a mommy vs daddy Divorce and you have to pick a side. Doing so can make things ugly. 

Reports coming out make it sound like Baker doesn’t like Hue all that much. Please just fire Hue already...

On 9/4/2018 at 9:06 PM, brownie man said:

After watching the last episode of Hard Knocks I think we do pretty well, and I think Hue is our coach going for the 2019 season. 

if hue had mack and gordon this team would be in the playoffs this year

3 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Please cite said reports

I heard it on the morning show on 92.3 and it was brought up again by the afternoon show. It was from conversations with Aditi Kinkhabwala

I think it’s def possible because of not allowing him to compete for the starting job

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

if hue had mack and gordon this team would be in the playoffs this year

Again those players would be potentially putting the team in the playoffs, not Hue. If the Browns had a legit, competent HC they would be in the thick of the playoff race. 

Also you really can’t say that abour Gordon because we have no idea what kind of gordon we are getting week to week. Are we getting training camp Gordon, are we getting Steelers week Gordon, or are they getting shooting a workout promo video Gordon

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Again those players would be potentially putting the team in the playoffs, not Hue. If the Browns had a legit, competent HC they would be in the thick of the playoff race. 

Also you really can’t say that abour Gordon because we have no idea what kind of gordon we are getting week to week. Are we getting training camp Gordon, are we getting Steelers week Gordon, or are they getting shooting a workout promo video Gordon

I think any of those version are better than any version of Rod Streater we’re getting.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I heard it on the morning show on 92.3 and it was brought up again by the afternoon show. It was from conversations with Aditi Kinkhabwala

I think it’s def possible because of not allowing him to compete for the starting job

It's certainly possible, but remember her bias. It first became clear in the offseason when she used a Hue quote out of context, then Hue shut her down in his next presser.

Since then, her tweets have HEAVILY favored Todd Haley, without an ounce of criticism for his playcalling, which is EXTREMELY deserving of criticism.

It's hard to imagine Baker is frustrated with Hue only, and not with Todd's playcalling, the personnel, or anything else.

Archived