brownie man

Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?

• Yes
    • No and gets fired during season
    • No and get fired after the season

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

I feel like there is probably more good coaches out there than people realise. It’s being brave enough to give some one a go who maybe hasn’t been in the NFL for long and isn’t a assistant to BB, Reid etc

There is only Lincoln Riley.

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He doesn’t care. He’s getting the patriots job when will retires. 

What’s so great about the Pats job when there is no more Brady and Bill? What, the Pats will have a good young RB, no oline, no TE, and no QB. When bill retires so does the guy that is able to bring in the talent and evaluate players. 

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

What is Matt's forte??

Just a solid HC. Not really an offensive guru  or a defensive mastermind. I feel like he could be a stud college coach. I would want him to be the coach of the Buckeyes but I don’t know about the the Browns. 

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

The soup guy?

Edit: just looked him up and seems interesting. What makes him stand out especially to you?

Pretty sure the soup guy is too busy jacking up three pointers down the street at Quicken Loans Arena.

But this Matthew guy has really put Iowa State on the map. I don't know how he would fare as an NFL HC, but what he's done for ISU is nothing short of incredible.

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

True but Cleveland is a wild card because of his roots and having an unknown at QB. Once Bill is gone, so will Brady

Yeah I think Cleveland has a shot.

He’s from the area, has friends and family here, etc. as well as having Mayfield as his QB paired with a lot of nice pieces on defenses.

Not saying it’ll be enough, but I think it’s enough to be considered. You’d have to think trading Jimmy G may have hurt their case as well.

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

The soup guy?

Edit: just looked him up and seems interesting. What makes him stand out especially to you?

He is a great leader. He can get a team to follow him without being a control freak dictator like the Belichek tree. He bring energy and passion and brings it out of those around him like Dabo Sweeney.

He believe in discipline and accountability and as a result his players are more discipline and dedicated to their craft learning the smallest of details making them more successful despite a lack of natural ability.

He gets the absolute most out of the talent on the team from the best player to the least talented guy.

He is a scheme to player coach much like what makes Bill Belichek so great. He will never pound a square peg into a round hole the way Hue Jackson does things. He comes from a program that has been built on and preaches Players 1st, Formations 2nd then Plays last.

He will never be a my way or the high way guy. He is open minded and will accept the help of coaches on his coaching staff. He will never be a this is the way we have always done it so this is how we are going to do it kind of guy.

As mentioned before College Football and the NFL are two different worlds. Some guys can make the transition and some guys cannot. There really is no way to be able to judge who can and who cannot but to me Matt Campbell is well worth the risk.

Archived