Will Hue Jackson be our coach in 2019?

brownie man

Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?

• Yes
    • No and gets fired during season
    • No and get fired after the season

Hue isn't an adaptive coach, he is a guy who runs his system irrespective of whether it is appropriate. 

This is demonstrated by playing kizer over et al, demanding Kessler throw the deep ball when that isn't his game.

Greg is equally as  rigid imo he will probably start crying about not having another good corner with Mitchell down. Adapt, improvise, survive you sad sack.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hue isn't an adaptive coach, he is a guy who runs his system irrespective of whether it is appropriate. 

This is demonstrated by playing kizer over et al, demanding Kessler throw the deep ball when that isn't his game.

Greg is equally as  rigid imo he will probably start crying about not having another good corner with Mitchell down. Adapt, improvise, survive you sad sack.

So much this....

2 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

I think I'd love Jack Del Rio as our next DC. Go for a Head Coach who has Special Teams experience. I'm dreading Sunday due to how pathetic we are in that department. We can't afford to waste any of Baker's career.

Browns don’t need a HC with ST experience. We just need a HC who would hire a legit STC. Amos was known as a pretty meh to pretty bad STC and yet Hue hired him. Just wondered what made them like Him to hire him. Did Haley really sell him after their one or two years together with the Steelers 

59 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Browns don’t need a HC with ST experience. We just need a HC who would hire a legit STC. Amos was known as a pretty meh to pretty bad STC and yet Hue hired him. Just wondered what made them like Him to hire him. Did Haley really sell him after their one or two years together with the Steelers 

Prolly good ole boys club BS.  

They’re all “lifers” and all that BS, recycled from job to job despite being turds.

I can’t believe there isn’t a ST coordinator somewhere in college that can’t put something better than this together.

4 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

I think I'd love Jack Del Rio as our next DC. Go for a Head Coach who has Special Teams experience. I'm dreading Sunday due to how pathetic we are in that department. We can't afford to waste any of Baker's career.

Why not get an offensive guru as coach in that case then?

4 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

Dave Toub is my choice. I’d love to have JDR. I’d love to try and convince Arians to come out of retirement. Maybe he’d take an OC job since it’s a lot less stressful. 

14 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

As usual, Huey several times displayed poor judgment in spite of glaring evidence to the contrary and put the game in the hands of the D, even though it was apparent that the unit's performance had degraded throughout the game, partially because of the loss of Mitchell, partially due to fatigue and partially due to Williams being Williams.

But we expect poor decisions like that.

What is more disturbing to me is that Huey also puts himself before the team.

The OAK game was a good example.

He wussed out on two decisions in regulation to win it with gustsy O -- not to go for it after the spot, and folding his tent with 20 seconds left -- avoiding potentially bad results that would point the finger at him if we lost -- vs. leading, taking some risk with winning the game the reward.

And, of course, he was blameless for the loss as it clearly, according to him, was attributable to turnovers (i.e., someone else, in this case Mayfield being thrown under the Hueball bus).

All this smacks of: Let's do what makes Huey look good, or at least not bad.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Prolly good ole boys club BS.  

They’re all “lifers” and all that BS, recycled from job to job despite being turds.

I can’t believe there isn’t a ST coordinator somewhere in college that can’t put something better than this together.

I wouldnt even go the college route. Im surprised there isnt a young assistant special team coach that couldnt be better  than this crap

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

As usual, Huey several times displayed poor judgment in spite of glaring evidence to the contrary and put the game in the hands of the D, even though it was apparent that the unit's performance had degraded throughout the game, partially because of the loss of Mitchell, partially due to fatigue and partially due to Williams being Williams.

But we expect poor decisions like that.

What is more disturbing to me is that Huey also puts himself before the team.

The OAK game was a good example.

He wussed out on two decisions in regulation to win it with gustsy O -- not to go for it after the spot, and folding his tent with 20 seconds left -- avoiding potentially bad results that would point the finger at him if we lost -- vs. leading, taking some risk with winning the game the reward.

And, of course, he was blameless for the loss as it clearly, according to him, was attributable to turnovers (i.e., someone else, in this case Mayfield being thrown under the Hueball bus).

All this smacks of: Let's do what makes Huey look good, or at least not bad.

That's my #1 biggest issue with Hue. Not the record, which is crazy because that record should always be #1, but accountability and covering his own butt. Some people just have that personality, my boss does, but I don't want those people in charge of my football team. You don't have to throw anyone under the bus to divert blame but he often does.

Mayfield even did a little bit of the blame game with the article about knowing where you should be but he didn't mention a single name, which is the smart way to do it. There is no way Baker, who had concerns about his maturity, should be this far above our head coach in the correct way to motivate your team. They know who they are, Baker didn't have to call them out in the media but Hue doesn't understand that somehow.

Huey's intractable belief in "his" system is a problem.

As is Williams' "play not to lose" approach to winning games as they wind down.

They both are wrong: Their positions are that given enough talent they will execute and win.

Duh: Most any of us guys/gals in this forum could win with enough talent.

What wonderful positions to be in where you can say "I can't win because I don't have enough talent".

Losers.

later in games.

Archived