2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline tweets that Alabama T Jonah Williams is getting second-round grades by scouts.

Pauline has been pumping the brakes on top-10 talk for Williams (6'5/301) after speaking with numerous NFL scouts, and he's taken it a step further after speaking with scouts at Shrine practices. The reason why his stock is falling is due to debates whether he can play tackle or if he'll need to kick inside. Playing tackle has always been more valuable, and the NFL is reportedly 50/50 on if he can remain playing outside.

14 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline tweets that Alabama T Jonah Williams is getting second-round grades by scouts.

Pauline has been pumping the brakes on top-10 talk for Williams (6'5/301) after speaking with numerous NFL scouts, and he's taken it a step further after speaking with scouts at Shrine practices. The reason why his stock is falling is due to debates whether he can play tackle or if he'll need to kick inside. Playing tackle has always been more valuable, and the NFL is reportedly 50/50 on if he can remain playing outside.

walterfootball has been saying this forever. Never knew how credible it was though.

They've also got Jawaan Taylor as their number one OT, and have for a long time. I think that's based on what they've heard from scouts too.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

walterfootball has been saying this forever. Never knew how credible it was though.

They've also got Jawaan Taylor as their number one OT, and have for a long time. I think that's based on what they've heard from scouts too.

Jonah could end up like Wynn from Georgia last season.  A playoff contender really benefits from drafting just a really good football player.  Shame Wynn got hurt in the preseason.

To me if we pass on one of the top DL for a CB or OL at 5 we’re gonna regret it. Bosa, Quinnen, Oliver, Allen, maybe even Gary could all be dominant players and I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Jonah or Greedy will be perennial pro bowlers. I just think that’s more likely for the DL guys. If Smith does come back at LT that won’t be my favorite thing but go DL and have a heck of a front with Vea and JPP and RG in the 2nd to try and solidify the interior line.

7 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

To me if we pass on one of the top DL for a CB or OL at 5 we’re gonna regret it. Bosa, Quinnen, Oliver, Allen, maybe even Gary could all be dominant players and I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Jonah or Greedy will be perennial pro bowlers. I just think that’s more likely for the DL guys. If Smith does come back at LT that won’t be my favorite thing but go DL and have a heck of a front with Vea and JPP and RG in the 2nd to try and solidify the interior line.

I think there is a real shot Quinnen drops to 5. Assume AZ takes Bosa.  SF has drafted 3 interior dlinemen in the 1st round over the last 3 years.  Jets are probably going to play 4-3. Leonard Williams will probably play 3 tech.  Would they draft a NT that high? Raiders drafted 2 interior dline last season, does 4 make sense?  For the Bucs Vea and Quinnen as your long term starters at 5 technique is a heck of a base for the defense.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think there is a real shot Quinnen drops to 5. Assume AZ takes Bosa.  SF has drafted 3 interior dlinemen in the 1st round over the last 3 years.  Jets are probably going to play 4-3. Leonard Williams will probably play 3 tech.  Would they draft a NT that high? Raiders drafted 2 interior dline last season, does 4 make sense?  For the Bucs Vea and Quinnen as your long term starters at 5 technique is a heck of a base for the defense.

For sure. So you are Quinnen over Oliver all day at this point?

Archived