Week One - Bears vs Packers.

Sugashane

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Same old Bears. Once Rodgers came back in the second half I already knew what was going to happen. And then when they got the ball back "only" down 6 points I knew he was going to throw for a TD.

******* sucks.

This team is young and they need to learn how to win. I didn't care for the playcalling, for the most part, and I really wasn't impressed with Trubisky tonight. Very inaccurate, was fleeing the pocket much too quickly for my taste.

Your point is correct, Trubisky, is very inaccurate and that is something to worry about. To many of his passes just sail over the receivers head by 10 feet. He sure didn't look like a NFL QB tonight.

19 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Oh - so it's cool if you guys do it, but not us ??

Deal with it

@cannondale you’re getting a warning for trolling.  You’re only intention was to rile up bears fan with your posts.  If you had a problem with what was happening in the packers forum you should have taken it up with your mods there.

TO ALL OTHER BEARS POSTERS:  don’t take the bait and get yourself a warning too.  Just ignore the troll.

Oh and btw Dion Sims is awful. Pretty sure if that was Shaheen on those plays  Bears extend two drives and possibly get more points to seal the W.

The arrow is pointing up but this team still has to learn how to make clutch plays and how to win.  

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah, what was up with the conservative offensive approach in the second half? I know Mitchell missed some throws, but it didn't seem like they were being aggressive enough in the pass game. 

Hell man,  idk. Gabriel had a long of 31 yards on a catch and ended with 25 yards receiving. His nickname is Turbo, but we can't use him to stretch the field? Nagy raised more questions than anything tonight. Really disappointed that after all the off-season prep and practices that THAT was what he unveiled. 

It is his first game as a HC, I don't want to look into it more than it warrants. Bill Belichick didnt exactly set the world on fore in CLE so it is infair to demonize him after one game. But he has to be brutally honest and admit he screwed the team as much as Fullers dropped INT or the multiple breakdowns. 

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Your point is correct, Trubisky, is very inaccurate and that is something to worry about. To many of his passes just sail over the receivers head by 10 feet. He sure didn't look like a NFL QB tonight.

Let's not over exaggerate. To say he didn't look like an NFL QB tonight is foolish. He wasn't exactly sharp but he also made a few good throws and showed good awareness by extending plays with his feet.

It's a work in progress. 2nd year QB with little experience in a brand new offense with a largely new supporting cast. It will take some time which is what I cautioned people before the season started.

Absolutely gut wrenching loss but losing in Lambeau in week 1 was expected. Hopefully this will be a good learning experience for this young team.

5 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

@cannondale you’re getting a warning for trolling.  You’re only intention was to rile up bears fan with your posts.  If you had a problem with what was happening in the packers forum you should have taken it up with your mods there.

TO ALL OTHER BEARS POSTERS:  don’t take the bait and get yourself a warning too.  Just ignore the troll.

We had some Bears fans mocking us at halftime in our gameday thread, that's where it's coming from, he absolutely deserves a warning but it's bound to happen if a comeback like that occurs.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We had some Bears fans mocking us at halftime in our gameday thread, that's where it's coming from, he absolutely deserves a warning but it's bound to happen if a comeback like that occurs.

That was dumb. The taunting, not you.  Why didn't a mod give them a warning? 

I'd be annoyed too though, the junior high crap gets old.  

Just now, Sugashane said:

That was dumb. The taunting, not you.  Why didn't a mod give them a warning? 

I'd be annoyed too though, the junior high crap gets old.  

I saw it, I was too depressed to use my fingers to issue a warning. In my mind Aaron Rodgers tore his ACL and I wasn't going to see meaningful football until 2019. I was a drama queen. Guilty as charged.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I saw it, I was too depressed to use my fingers to issue a warning. In my mind Aaron Rodgers tore his ACL and I wasn't going to see meaningful football until 2019. I was a drama queen. Guilty as charged.

Ah. Lol. I get it,  I'm glad Rodgers was fine. Between rex and Jay I've seen enough back up qbs starting for us.  

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Let's not over exaggerate. To say he didn't look like an NFL QB tonight is foolish. He wasn't exactly sharp but he also made a few good throws and showed good awareness by extending plays with his feet.

It's a work in progress. 2nd year QB with little experience in a brand new offense with a largely new supporting cast. It will take some time which is what I cautioned people before the season started.

Absolutely gut wrenching loss but losing in Lambeau in week 1 was expected. Hopefully this will be a good learning experience for this young team.

This is basically my take. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's honestly just Bears fans having to deal with 20 years of cheesehead trashtalk because they've lucked into back to back HoF QBs that consistently carry what is currently one of the worst rosters in the league.  That said, yall had a solid win tonight, in part because A-Rod is a HoF player, and in part because we beat ourselves in numerous ways that A-Rod capitalized upon... and fwiw I'm glad Rodgers isn't hurt, even if I do wish he'd have waited until next week to come back in and play again.

I have a very bad feeling that this game is going to come back and haunt us in Chicago going into December-January, however. I was predicting us to be a fringe Wildcard team this year, and losing any game hurt that

These 2 outside CBs are kind of like the worst pair in the NFL low key....they had a stat that Fuller got 2 picks and dropped 6 last year.....neither guy can catch....like at all....not even joking I'm kind of over this season already haha....i live in Austin now so it's hard to watch these games for me....I'm not going to a bar every week for 16 weeks to watch this BS.....heartbreaking loss....bears fan for life.....but like....i can't deal with garbage

Archived