Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Explain Brady, Brees, and Peyton Manning and other pocket QBs who notoriously never take sacks?

Vs. The guys who are high on the sack list. Mostly young, mobile QBs. Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Dak, Watson. 

Laugh all you want. But it's clear that the TYPE of QB determines the sacks. Unless you think Peyton just traveled the league with the best OL in the world. 

I agree that QBs share responsibility.

You said "near total responsibility", which is a ludicrous statement, like Adrian Claibournes 7 sacks weren't Chaz Green's fault.

Daboys, 

This is an example of scapegoating. 

Plan,

This is an example of putting your head in the dirt like an ostrich. 

Our OL just had its worst pass blocking year in the past decade. Our QB just had his sack rate double. And pretending that the two arent highly correlated. 

Here is my opinion. 

The OL is terrible at pass blocking.

Dak needs to get better as well.

Both statements can be true at the same time. 

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@plan9misfit => Do you want to explain to him why the trenches matter when it comes to pressure?

I’d hope I wouldn’t have to. IIRC, something like 80% of games are won based on the play of the offensive and defensive lines. Generating consistent pressure on the d-line and preventing pressure by the o-line is a primary reason why QBs are successful. They are highly dependent on that. 

3 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I'm not reading through 85 pages of BS, so I apologize if this point was made, but can't Dak just be, like, decent? He doesn't have to be a stud and he doesn't have to be Quincy Carter, right? Alright, I'll leave now.

Here is the abbreviated version:

1. If you think that Dak is not totally at fault (I put him at 33% personally) for our offensive issues; you are labeled a Dak Lover.

2. If you think Dak is "Near Totally" at fault for our offensive struggles; you are labeled a realist. 

You think Dak is decent. So there for you are now a Dak apologist. If you would like to become a Dak realist, you must start comparing him to the worst QBs in our history. Quincy is taken. Maybe you can call him Ryan Leaf?

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree that QBs share responsibility.

You said "near total responsibility", which is a ludicrous statement, like Adrian Claibournes 7 sacks weren't Chaz Green's fault.

Well.... they weren't lol... Chaz Green was benched that game, and ANOTHER LT replaced him only to suffer the same fate. Hmmm

It would have never happened to Brees. He would have audibled out, he would have changed the protection assignments, got the ball out quicker, he would have done SOMETHING other than what Dak did.

Brees plays ATL twice a year.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Bress could play them with you at LT and wouldn't take as much sacks as Wilson, Watson, or Dak.

Yeah but I am a superstar athlete who has gained weight. I am not a scrub like Chaz Green. 

EDIT => FTR no one will ever convince me that Dak did not get concussed that game. On top of that, Dak himself admitted he got the yips after that game and it took a long while to work them out. 

Just now, DaBoys said:

Maybe that's too far, but it's obvious to me that the type of QB you have determines how good your OL is going to be at pass blocking.

QBs have a significant role in pressure. So do OL. Dak needs to get better. Our OL is trash at pass protecting. 

QBs have all historically gotten better with age. Young QBs take more sacks. Playing QB is ridiculously hard and there are 11 men (plus another half dozen coaches) on the other side with exactly 1 goal - kill the QB. There is a reason Brady took 40 sacks when he was young and 20 when he was old. He knows what those other guys are doing and how to counter it. 

Romo. I love Romo. I really do. He said it was 2014 before the game slowed down enough that he thought no defense could trick him. *11 YEARS*

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Matt Ryan has no chance in hell to make the hall.

Dude has 5 Pro Bowls, an MVP award, a Super Bowl appearance, and 8 straight seasons of 4000+ yards and 20+ TDs. Of course he’s getting in. Having worse stats than Dak 10 years ago doesn’t mean he was worse than him, the average passer rating was like 9 points lower back then. And explain to me how voters will use Taylor Gabriel and Austin Hooper against Ryan instead of acknowledging that he deserves some credit for getting Julio to 1500 yards a season?

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Dude has 5 Pro Bowls, an MVP award, a Super Bowl appearance, and 8 straight seasons of 4000+ yards and 20+ TDs. Of course he’s getting in. Having worse stats than Dak 10 years ago doesn’t mean he was worse than him, the average passer rating was like 9 points lower back then. And explain to me how voters will use Taylor Gabriel and Austin Hooper against Ryan instead of acknowledging that he deserves some credit for getting Julio to 1500 yards a season?

Ryan puts up average top 10ish QB stats for his era. The only average QBs getting in for this era are those with rings. 

There is a 0% he gets in with his current trajectory. 

Ryan had 1 year he was considered top 5 among his peers. 1. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ryan puts up average top 10ish QB stats for his era. The only average QBs getting in for this era are those with rings. 

There is a 0% he gets in with his current trajectory. 

Ryan had 1 year he was considered top 5 among his peers. 1. 

I agree Ryan has been closer to an average than elite QB for most of his career, but that’s not how it works. Voters care far more about aggregate stats than short peaks.

Moreover, I find it hilarious that you dismiss 8 straight 4k years as irrelevant, but claim Dak has had a better first three years, as if everyone doesn’t have better completion percentages and passer ratings in 2018 than 2008

edit: P.S. voters don’t care about QB rushing stats either 

Archived