Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

20 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

idk...the whole Dak thing has become possibly the dumbest debate I've had to witness on this site. Another 6-7 months worth might push me over the edge. 

What you need is a nice forum togetherness moment, like the classic Alan Ball GTFO party. God, what a day. I've never been prouder of something I helped create online. So much fun.

Just now, Ace5 said:

What you need is a nice forum togetherness moment, like the classic Alan Ball GTFO party. God, what a day. I've never been prouder of something I helped create online. So much fun.

A Scott Linehan GTFO thread?

I was interested in this stat slam is slinging around so I tried to look it up. All I can find are top 10 list, which no single Cowboys player is on regardless of position. From what I can tell its a brand new stat used to grade individual players on if they can block for 2.5 seconds. It looks like most teams are somewhere in the 50% range. But without knowing the actual grades it seems like a useless and shallow stat. 

For example, if the average is 50%, then that means on about 250 drop backs, at least 1 of our OL failed. Having 250 failed blocks would be a justifiable reason for 50 sacks. 

And again, 2 different objective football companies both have stated 40+ of the sacks were the direct result of poor OL play. 

So it seems like once again, people are attempting to pull things directly out of their rectum so that they can smear it on Dak. 

I hope he proves you haters are ridiculous again today. 

Go Cowboys!

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

2 objective basis have also stated that our OL is atrocious when it comes to pass blocking. You keep searching to find a stat that fits your narrative. You are so desperate you are now blaming it on .2 seconds. Its sad really. Especially on a playoff gameday. Its even more funny when you look at the list of time to throw. I guess Rodgers and Mahomes are terrible too. 

Go Cowboys! 

All of them, Including Dak!

Don’t be a hypocrite. Every quote and stat you post has been based solely around fitting your narrative that Quincy is the least responsible person for his mistakes and miscues.

8 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

is the least responsible person for his mistakes and miscues.

This is how I know that you arent following what I have said at all. I have routinely said that Dak is 33% of the problems weve had on offense. Some of you just cant come to grasps the fact that Dak isnt the bulk of our problems. If you could, we would have threads like:

OLINE

WRS

COACHING 

and not a 90 page one labeled Dak.

Oh wait. We did have 2 of those, and they both blew up in the face of Daboys. Because he is incapable of seeing the other faults in our team. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This is how I know that you arent following what I have said at all. I have routinely said that Dak is 33% of the problems weve had on offense. Some of you just cant come to grasps the fact that Dak isnt the bulk of our problems. If you could, we would have threads like:

OLINE

WRS

COACHING 

Oh wait. We did have 2 of those, and they both blew up in the face of Daboys. Because he is incapable of seeing the other faults in our team. 

Wait what? I'm not even in this one. I'm on break.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

OLINE

WRS

COACHING 

And Slam showed evidence to support that he’s more responsible for the problems than 33%. He’s more responsible for taking sacks than the o-line. 

39 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And Slam showed evidence to support that he’s more responsible for the problems than 33%. He’s more responsible for taking sacks than the o-line. 

And I disproved that stat means anything as its enormously shallow and doesnt tell us anything other than about 200+ passing attempts at least one of the OL effed up. 

Along with showing his useless stat was useless, I also countered by showing that *analyst* have attributed over 40 of the sacks on the OL.

So I ask you this:

1. Why are you ignoring analyst?

2. Which is a bigger number, 40 or 15?

Is it game time yet.  Please.

To be fair to this thread there really is no definitive stat out there answering the question either way.  I use eye test a lot I know real biased    When watching I don’t care much about a single edge guy who makes the QB move a bit but doesn’t disrupt I watch does the QB have room to step up make a throw can the QB escape one side the other if I see NO and NO then I say OL not doing their job    I see the QB go back set his feet hit the second read with his eyes I say the problem is WR or route design     

look at the Brees game   He threw the ball a lot early because of the play of our OL don’t work out to well did it.  So this narrative that the QB just needs to better getting rid of the ball isn’t the final answer throwing the mall away every pass okay doesn’t get you far either especially on third down 

either way it’s a circle.  OL overmatched you better be running shorter quicker developing routes the D then adjusts and around we go.  

But the reality is if your OL is being dominated NO QB offense will excel that is the reality of this.    NOW we aren’t close to being there this year but at times where there last year

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I was interested in this stat slam is slinging around so I tried to look it up. All I can find are top 10 list, which no single Cowboys player is on regardless of position. From what I can tell its a brand new stat used to grade individual players on if they can block for 2.5 seconds. It looks like most teams are somewhere in the 50% range. But without knowing the actual grades it seems like a useless and shallow stat. 

For example, if the average is 50%, then that means on about 250 drop backs, at least 1 of our OL failed. Having 250 failed blocks would be a justifiable reason for 50 sacks. 

And again, 2 different objective football companies both have stated 40+ of the sacks were the direct result of poor OL play. 

So it seems like once again, people are attempting to pull things directly out of their rectum so that they can smear it on Dak. 

I hope he proves you haters are ridiculous again today. 

Go Cowboys!

Matts, if you don’t understand the stat I’d be happy to explain it to you and why it the best stat there is for grading the OL and pass protection.  On an individual basis, it grades each OLman on whether he held his block for at least 2.5 seconds.  

On a team basis, it measures whether the QB had a clean pocket for 2.5 seconds.  Dallas ranked 12th in the NFL in giving Dak a clean pocket for 2.5 seconds.

Why this is the best measurement is because it is standardized.  If a lineman holds his block for 2.5 seconds, he’s done his job.  

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, if you don’t understand the stat I’d be happy to explain it to you and why it the best stat there is for grading the OL and pass protection.  On an individual basis, it grades each OLman on whether he held his block for at least 2.5 seconds.  

On a team basis, it measures whether the QB had a clean pocket for 2.5 seconds.  Dallas ranked 12th in the NFL in giving Dak a clean pocket for 2.5 seconds.

Why this is the best measurement is because it is standardized.  If a lineman holds his block for 2.5 seconds, he’s done his job.  

Please give us the percentage of each of our OL and cite where the team basis says 2.5. 

Also, please give our team grade.

Finally, explain how on the 250x's our OL could not block for 2.5 seconds and 2 different sites saying that 40+ of our sacks are not due to anything Dak did wrong are not pointing to the same conclusion. 

Archived