2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

22 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I've really started to like the idea of taking Brian Burns at 19. Obviously I'd love to trade down and accumulate more picks as anybody would, but Burns checks all the boxes. Great get off at the LOS, an athletic freak, great length, solid production, and the cherry on top of him only being 20 years old all has me very intrigued.  

The two guys I want are Oliver and Burns. Unfortunately, the closer we get to the draft, the more mocks they seem to be gone in. 

• Like 1

I think we have LEGIT interest in Burns. Like, I think we have a hard crush on him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see JRob move up a few spots to grab him. Indianapolis also has interest in him and they have the ammo to jump us to grab him, and I don’t know how JROB can let that happen. 

• Like 1

what do yall think the possibility of us trading back are? Do yall feel like we can get the same player at say 25-32 that we could at 19 if nobody that's expected to go top 10-15ish falls to that pick? I'm almost certain somebody unexpected will fall to us at 19. happens almost every year. the year we took adore at 18, I just knew the pick would be OJ Howard. I thought there was no way he would get into the late teens. if not tho, why not trade back?

8 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

what do yall think the possibility of us trading back are? Do yall feel like we can get the same player at say 25-32 that we could at 19 if nobody that's expected to go top 10-15ish falls to that pick? I'm almost certain somebody unexpected will fall to us at 19. happens almost every year. the year we took adore at 18, I just knew the pick would be OJ Howard. I thought there was no way he would get into the late teens. if not tho, why not trade back?

My dream has always been to trade slightly back to around 23-26 and take Simmons. He’s been one of my favorite players since day 1. Hell, I’d take him at 19 if we had signed Suh or Wilkerson. We don’t have the luxury of taking a player who basically needs a redshirt year for the injury. Having Suh or even a somewhat broken down Wilkerson still provides more than Jones or Johnson as a pass-rusher.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I think the chances of us trading back are very high.  As much as I hope Wilkins is there at 19, I'm not sure he will be.  Ditto for all the pass rushers worth taking.

With the OL class that there is, I'd be surprised if the Titans took one at 19.  I could see OL being the first pick, just not without a trade back.  Simmons is an option to trade back for as well, as is a receiver, if they like one of the ones they don't expect to make it to 51.  But as much as JRob has moved around in the draft, and as common as trades are nowadays, I'd be more comfortable betting that they move than that they stay put.

• Like 1

One week away and with pretty much all of the draft process done my top 10 realistic targets(that means no Oliver or Sweat) at 19 would go...

1.) Christian Wilkins

2.) Jerry Tillery

3.) T.J. Hockensein

4.) Brian Burns

5.) Cody Ford

6.) Chris Lindstrom

7.) Jeffrey Simmons

8.) Jonah Williams

9.) Garrett Bradbury

10.) Noah Fant

HM: Dalton Risner

12 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

5 players I want nothing to do with at 19...

1.) DK Metcalf

2.) Dexter Lawrence

3.) Any CB

4.) Clelin Ferrell

5.) Greg Little

im starting to warm up to  metcalf and hollywood brown as receivers we may look into.. i honestly would not be made at either with my preference being metcalf. with us planning to run the ball a lot this year, that box is gonna be jammed every game. we need metcalf to play that deep shot role. we can coach him up to where we need him to be. His dad and grandad both played football. he seems like a good kid that comes from a strong family. def dont see him with the diva wr personality if he turns into a star and more importantly, for all the concerns about what he doesnt do well yet, he is very receptive to coaching and improving from what i hear about him. having two 6'3 wr on the outside with hump, delanie, and taywan tearing up the middle, could be dangerous and what helps us go from good to great. sort of like how the team went to another gear when we added the dynamic CJ2K back in 08. didnt NEED a rb then cuz we had the "steady" lendale white, but that speed and playmaking ability took that offense to another level. we need that again

Edited by Airness McNairness

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My WR loves. 

AJ Brown. Hollywood Brown. JJ Whiteside. Deebo Samuel. Hakeem Butler. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we grabbed a receiver with a trade down.  Especially AJ Brown.  He could seriously threaten Corey Davis as the top receiver, and quickly.  Would really give Mariota better midfield options, where he seems to like to throw.

The other Brown would be a good complement too.  TY Hilton-like.  Can take the top off a defense, or give you a great slot option and YAC potential.  Deebo Samuel I feel like is a good mix of speed and power, which is why he's my number 2 overall receiver.  I feel like you could insert him anywhere and he'd do well, though I don't think he'd ever be a true No. 1 type receiver.

Whiteside I know a lot of people here like, and the Titans seem to like him a lot, but I still haven't watched much tape on him.  Butler, meh.  I don't get the hype with him.

I think both Browns are probably trade down targets, the rest are probably the guys you hope are there at 51.  Whiteside could even be a trade down in the second target, but he's been climbing in mocks lately.

As for players I don't want: Lawrence is a bad fit, Tillery I worry is busty, Metcalf sucks *** forever, Burns' frame worries me.

Edited by Daniel

This year, I haven't done any deep dive into prospects besides those who I've seen when they played in college and a few combine performances. There's not anyone I'm truly against drafting or banging on the table to get this year. So, I'm heading into the draft with as open a mind as I've had for a draft. 

Should make next week fun.

I gotta say the more I watch of him a healthy Hollywood Brown could be a lot of fun for our offense. I just have a lot of doubts that he can stay healthy with his injury history and his size. I think we'd be better served targeting a bigger bodied receiver for Marcus. A front 7 player in the first and JJ Arcega-Whiteside/Harry/Hakeem Butler in the second or third sounds great to me.

I just think overall our first rounder needs to have an immediate impact for us. And what we know is that OLBs and WRs/TEs do not transition seemlessly to the NFL — it takes them a year to get comfortable. Because of that, I really want to go defensive line with our 1st round pick, and that guy can have an immediate impact. If Oliver and Wilkins are gone though when we get to 19, at that point I could justify picking an OLB (especially if it’s Burns or Montez Sweat). However, if we trade back in the first, then I could also justify picking Jeffrey Simmons and being okay with the time he will be out — I think he’s that good. Picking up a second or third rounder would help me feel good about a possible Simmons pick.

• Like 2