2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Am I warming up to Hockenson at 19? Heck yes!!! 

I wouldn't mind rolling with him if we address our big defensive needs in FA, but his name seems to be really heating up in draft circles. I'm starting to doubt that he'll even be on the board at 19.

9 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I wouldn't mind rolling with him if we address our big defensive needs in FA, but his name seems to be really heating up in draft circles. I'm starting to doubt that he'll even be on the board at 19.

I think he could be there at 19. Seen 1 mock that has the Jets trading back and taking him which could happen.

I still don’t see any Free Agent NT that excite me. We just can’t keep going after the Benny Logan’s and the Sly Williams’s of the world the Titans should start to draft the next pillar on the defense with that 1st round pick if that person is there

On 2/22/2019 at 5:17 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

I think he could be there at 19. Seen 1 mock that has the Jets trading back and taking him which could happen.

I still don’t see any Free Agent NT that excite me. We just can’t keep going after the Benny Logan’s and the Sly Williams’s of the world the Titans should start to draft the next pillar on the defense with that 1st round pick if that person is there

With how much teams spread out nowadays, I'd hate to blow a 1st on a NT.

Look at the Bucs. Passed on Derwin James for Vita Vea, and are kicking themselves for it.

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

1st Round

1.) Montez Sweat

2.) Christian Wilkins

3.) TJ Hockenson

4.) Jachai Polite

5.) AJ Brown/Nkeal Harry

2nd Round

1.) Garrett Bradburry

2.) Deebo Samuel

3.) Jaylon Ferguson

4.) Jeffrey Simmons

5.) Beau Benzschawel

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, SerenityNow said:

Hockenson is the type of TE that can just as much transform a passing game as a WR.  He'd fit like a glove in our projected TE heavy scheme.  But I like the TEs we have. I like Firsker, Pruitt and Jonnu.  
But Hockenson is an undeniable talent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Ended up with

1. Montez Sweat MSU

2. AJ Brown Ole Miss

3.Renell Wrenn ASU

4. Lamont Gaillard UGA

Yep they seem pretty low on Sweat especially after his damn good senior bowl week. I imagine he’ll shoot back up after the combine. He’s one of my favorite prospects this year much like Landry this year.

I think the first one I did was....

1.) Sweat

2.) Irv Smith

3.) Gerald Willis

4.) David Sills

Jonnu has never proven to be anything more than a #2 TE. He's still a project. Firkser is a slot WR until he proves he can block. We can't even line him up inline. Pruitt is a solid depth guy. Walker is 35 coming off a major injury.

I want an EDGE as much as the next guy, but Hockenson wouldn't make me upset at all. One of the few TEs coming out of college where blocking is a strength.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Jonnu has never proven to be anything more than a #2 TE. He's still a project. Firkser is a slot WR until he proves he can block. We can't even line him up inline. Pruitt is a solid depth guy. Walker is 35 coming off a major injury.

I want an EDGE as much as the next guy, but Hockenson wouldn't make me upset at all. One of the few TEs coming out of college where blocking is a strength.

Good points.  I'd count Firsker as a WR in the roster building process.  Maybe see he can slim down a few pounds.  I love Hockenson. I loved George Kittle coming out too. Something about those Iowa TEs. 

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Plus I’m a firm believer in drafting this best player available & not drafting on need.

• Like 1