Hectic Henry's Tree Farm - N5 is Saturday @ 11pm EST or on majority vote

Dome

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

And here come the other twin

No kill N3 and you were roleblocked.  If your only explanation is your vanilla then you dying tonight would be the best move for town.  Either we lynch the last mafia, or we lynch a vanilla.  

If your really vanilla then you wouldn't mind dying to prove this. The fact that your fighting to stay alive means you really dont want to die bc of a reason (your mafia) 

On 9/17/2018 at 4:19 PM, James said:

Lets try to not get caught up in too much stuff right now. We got one today, we can regroup and go forward with less distractions tomorrow.

Matts said this was the scummiest post of the game

On 9/17/2018 at 4:19 PM, TedLavie said:

While squire has gotten my attention, I feel like it's going to be a mookie vs pickle affair. I'm inclined to believe they're both trying to bus each other so that, once one is stoned to death, the other can claim a "Hey I pushed for a mafia lynch on N1".

Below came before this, I quoted it backwards 

On 9/17/2018 at 2:59 AM, TedLavie said:

Pickle Rick is a fun fella. I'm gonna miss him. I will throw a stone at Pickle .

I also throw a stone at Mookie. Very unlike him to start throwing stones without anyone posting anything.

He ignored this from Ted. Even though it was posted before Whickers tell all. Only like 2 votes on Pickle at the time

On 9/17/2018 at 5:50 AM, Whicker said:

This post from Pickle Rick is the one that tipped me off, and his follow up to my prodding only helped seal the deal.

The only other mafia game we have from Pickle Rick is a Cold Winter Nights Mafia. In that game, he made a fatal mistake early on that Toucheigh was able to catch in the following post:

Basically, Pickle Rick quoted a case for Pats from Mookie early on and said he agreed. Then, later the same day, he quoted a Mookie post that basically said "back to Pats" and asked "why Pats?" This showed that Prick, while mafia, would blindly quote and respond to posts, without considering the greater context of them, in order to appear like he was scumhunting.

Rick has also been clearly eager to roll mafia again. I think all of the previous four or five games he's mentioned that he hasn't been mafia in quite some time. However, in recent games, Ickle has shown more of a tendency to be reserved and observant, often using fewer but more content-laden posts. This has consequently lead to several of us believing that his reserved game is his scum game, as we tend to do.

This brings me to the post in question. In this post he quotes three similar posts and claims that these posts are interesting "from this group."

First, let's focus on the "from this group" part. One of the quotes in question was from DingoLadd. Although Dingo is a BDLer and someone that I happen to know, I am fairly certain that PickleR has never interacted with him before, and certainly not in a mafia game. IIRC, the only mafia game I missed was the F.F.F.E.T.L.R.L.D.C. and I do not see Dingo on that signup list. PR is generally one to ask about new people and avoid calling them out early. He especially would not have any reason to believe that Dingo's post is "interesting for this group," since that was likely the literal second post of his (after his sign up) that Pick would have read. This shows me that he, like in CWN mafia, blindly quoted and responded to posts.

Second, let's focus on the motivation behind this post. Why do those posts send up any kind of red flag at all? It is perfectly normal for civs to ask or comment in thread about a twist on the game, and I feel like any experienced mafia player would generally regard such posts as non-alignment indicative. However, I believe that Ick felt compelled to come out and "scum hunt" right away. He has seen that as he gets more reserved, he starts to garner more suspicion. He wanted to make sure that he got ahead of the "Pickle seems awfully quiet..." train, and so he commented on the first things that "stood out" to him.

If you all lynch me tonight. Please lynch Ted and then James, if Ted is really normie. I'd bet my game on 1 of these being mafia

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I'll probably have just one or two opportunities to update stone throws today at work. Likely around 2-4pm EST and again around 5-7pm EST.

I've got evening plans, so how do you guys want to do Night 5? 

Want to just go to a majority vote w/ 48 hour cap, so having N5 tomorrow night instead of tonight? If we reach majority on one player I'll call it early.

OR

Voting deadline sometime tonight (via timestamps) and I'll get on and tally the votes later. Then I'll give players until 10:30am EST on Saturday to change moves if they want to.

What do the people desire?

1. @James
  2. @DingoLadd
  3.  @Pickle Rick
  4. @TedLavie
  5. @The Orca
  6. @theuntouchable
  7. @squire12
  8. @Woz
  9.  @pwny 

I can run night for you if you need.

49 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

No kill N3 and you were roleblocked.  If your only explanation is your vanilla then you dying tonight would be the best move for town.  Either we lynch the last mafia, or we lynch a vanilla.  

If your really vanilla then you wouldn't mind dying to prove this. The fact that your fighting to stay alive means you really dont want to die bc of a reason (your mafia) 

This is a radically stupid idea.

Just now, James said:

Or never existed in the first place.

Then we need to explain the multiple shots that rang out on N2.

I suppose it could have been a mafia unblockable kill, but you would think that would have belonged to "Hectic Henry" and he was lynched D2. I suppose it could have belonged to Gamble (lynched D4), so that's why there wasn't a second even night double kill. Still, that feels a bit stretched.

In any event, I feel like that whomever pulled that second kill on N2 is probably dead now.

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Then we need to explain the multiple shots that rang out on N2.

I suppose it could have been a mafia unblockable kill, but you would think that would have belonged to "Hectic Henry" and he was lynched D2. I suppose it could have belonged to Gamble (lynched D4), so that's why there wasn't a second even night double kill. Still, that feels a bit stretched.

In any event, I feel like that whomever pulled that second kill on N2 is probably dead now.

I don't like reading that much into write-ups when we don't know the roles.

Just now, James said:

I don't like reading that much into write-ups when we don't know the roles.

I suppose it's possible that Dome was being careless with his wording, but from my experience, that seems highly unlikely. Dome usually says exactly what he means.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

I suppose it's possible that Dome was being careless with his wording, but from my experience, that seems highly unlikely. Dome usually says exactly what he means.

I agree, but I think there are just too many things it could mean, and it could even just be flavor.

Just now, James said:

I agree, but I think there are just too many things it could mean, and it could even just be flavor.

Maybe, but I'm thinking it meant more than less. Still, given the number of named people who have been lynched/killed, I don't think we'll get a satisfactory answer until the game is over.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Maybe, but I'm thinking it meant more than less. Still, given the number of named people who have been lynched/killed, I don't think we'll get a satisfactory answer until the game is over.

Yeah. If there is a vig still out there I don't think this is worth claiming over.

Archived