Hectic Henry's Tree Farm - N5 is Saturday @ 11pm EST or on majority vote

Dome

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

there are like 33 votes left and 6 are on me.  are you really trying to play that card.  I wouldn't even call myself in danger of being lynched yet.  It's starting to become interesting at how much your trying to drive this home based off of a year old game when I just learned what this game was.

Are you really gonna sit there and tell me you don't have a second thought that I am right and you have missed the entire ballpark with your shot?

I could be wrong. But I'd put money on it. And I've quite literally thrown all my stones so my vote will not change. We can talk all you want, but Mookie is a non starter from what I've seen. 

7 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I could be wrong. But I'd put money on it. And I've quite literally thrown all my stones so my vote will not change. We can talk all you want, but Mookie is a non starter from what I've seen. 

Mookie has moved up my list, especially given his last few posts.  

Matts, Woz, Dingo, Flacco any of their posting and then disappearing stand out?

When does Matts ever say he has no idea how to play this game?

TK3 still hasn't posted I believe, thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Mookie has moved up my list, especially given his last few posts.  

Matts, Woz, Dingo, Flacco any of their posting and then disappearing stand out?

When does Matts ever say he has no idea how to play this game?

TK3 still hasn't posted I believe, thoughts on that?

I really don't understand your suspicion of Mookie.

No, I'm sorry to say that none of those really stand out. Matts is typically more active in the evenings IIRC. Woz said he was going to be scarce. Dingo is someone I've never played mafia with. Flacco is Darth Pees, right? He's not one that I typically describe as active.

Why is Matts saying he's not sure what to do with the vote cap scummy? What would motivate scum to say something like that? When I first read the rules I wondered how to distribute my votes as well. Should I save one for a last minute switch? Should I not vote at all until ~an hour before night?

Not posting is not posting. It more likely means they're busy than anything else. Especially when it's someone who we know isn't going to be a little nervous about drawing scum.

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

Read back over this comment and just have to reply...

I'll happily take all your money 

tenor.gif

It's also interesting that you think Mookie is a non starter, why is that?   Out of everyone posting he is the scummiest.  You protecting him? 

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Read back over this comment and just have to reply...

I'll happily take all your money 

tenor.gif

It's also interesting that you think Mookie is a non starter, why is that?   Out of everyone posting he is the scummiest.  You protecting him? 

Mookie is a non starter because I see much more scum motivation for pushing him at this point than town motivation.

What did he do that was scummy? Throw the first stone? I also see you got on to him for "setting up future lynches" when he said "bcb after Pickle" which is what I do as a civ basically every game.

11 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I really don't understand your suspicion of Mookie.

It's simple.  In a game like this I believe that you have to be responsible and smart with your stones (even if it is unfounded and wrong like your throws are).  Mookie immediately threw a stone at BCB.  He then has jumped full on to your push on to me.  To me that's two strikes against him.  Then the way he reacted and pushed back at me when I put him in my list of early suspects.  It was very quick I believe and quite defensive and pushing me "the easy lynch after your proclaimed read".

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Pickles posts scream of mafia trying to deflect. He targeted inactive players and then threw a stone at me because I decided to not follow my regular routine of just voting for someone who posts a lot of GIFs on day one.

Unfortunately, I made that read known and it's been a bust the last couple days. Should've kept it to myself.

Mookie is definitely suspect to me.  I haven't locked into him though,  that is why I said it is important to not just throw your stones at the first chance you see.  

I definitely think mafia is not posting right now.  Not necessarily bc they are busy but bc they are sitting back and watching civ fight civ as usual.   

10 hours ago, Whicker said:

This post from Pickle Rick is the one that tipped me off, and his follow up to my prodding only helped seal the deal.

The only other mafia game we have from Pickle Rick is a Cold Winter Nights Mafia. In that game, he made a fatal mistake early on that Toucheigh was able to catch in the following post:

Basically, Pickle Rick quoted a case for Pats from Mookie early on and said he agreed. Then, later the same day, he quoted a Mookie post that basically said "back to Pats" and asked "why Pats?" This showed that Prick, while mafia, would blindly quote and respond to posts, without considering the greater context of them, in order to appear like he was scumhunting.

Rick has also been clearly eager to roll mafia again. I think all of the previous four or five games he's mentioned that he hasn't been mafia in quite some time. However, in recent games, Ickle has shown more of a tendency to be reserved and observant, often using fewer but more content-laden posts. This has consequently lead to several of us believing that his reserved game is his scum game, as we tend to do.

This brings me to the post in question. In this post he quotes three similar posts and claims that these posts are interesting "from this group."

First, let's focus on the "from this group" part. One of the quotes in question was from DingoLadd. Although Dingo is a BDLer and someone that I happen to know, I am fairly certain that PickleR has never interacted with him before, and certainly not in a mafia game. IIRC, the only mafia game I missed was the F.F.F.E.T.L.R.L.D.C. and I do not see Dingo on that signup list. PR is generally one to ask about new people and avoid calling them out early. He especially would not have any reason to believe that Dingo's post is "interesting for this group," since that was likely the literal second post of his (after his sign up) that Pick would have read. This shows me that he, like in CWN mafia, blindly quoted and responded to posts.

Second, let's focus on the motivation behind this post. Why do those posts send up any kind of red flag at all? It is perfectly normal for civs to ask or comment in thread about a twist on the game, and I feel like any experienced mafia player would generally regard such posts as non-alignment indicative. However, I believe that Ick felt compelled to come out and "scum hunt" right away. He has seen that as he gets more reserved, he starts to garner more suspicion. He wanted to make sure that he got ahead of the "Pickle seems awfully quiet..." train, and so he commented on the first things that "stood out" to him.

If all the different ways you spelled his name is some sort of code, I am too lazy to figure it out. But it should be noted that at one point you called him Prick. :D

6 hours ago, Dome said:

Pickle Rick sticks his head up to check for any targets and takes a bunch of rocks to the temple, repeatedly. Just over and over.

Mookie took a stone to forehead from 20 yards out. 

Stones Thrown:

Mookie: 2 (bcb, Pickle)

Untouch: 2 (Matts, Pickle)

Whicker: 3 (The Orca, Pickle Rick, Pickle Rick)

Squire: 1 (Matts)

Ted: 2 (Pickle, Mookie)

Times Smashed with a Stone:

5 Pickle Rick - Whicker, Ted, Whicker, Untouch, Mookie

2 Matts - untouch, squire

1 The Orca - Whicker

1 BCB - Mookie

1 Mookie, Ted

Interesting. I thought you would only be able to change your vote 3 times. But actually, its you get to cast 3 different votes. 

While squire has gotten my attention, I feel like it's going to be a mookie vs pickle affair. I'm inclined to believe they're both trying to bus each other so that, once one is stoned to death, the other can claim a "Hey I pushed for a mafia lynch on N1".

Archived