Starting QB after the suspension

bucsfan333

Fitz did his job, what a backup is suppose to do.  He fought his *** off and put the team in a great position for when Winston returns and is back up to game speed.  That may be after the buy or it may not.  Fitz is not a starter and there and many reasons for that. He showed a number of them in this last game.  He earned his paycheck and respect for what he has done, but after the buy he will go back to his role on this team and Winston will go back to his role.  

What is great for fans is that Winston can come back and pick up where Fitz left off.  The magic will continue with Winston under center, having Fitz as the backup turned out to work great for this team.  

You ride fitz til he falls off the wagon. Monday night wasn’t him fully falling off ...

going 2-1 against three divisional champs and one being the super bowl is pretty darn good. 

Tell me when you see Jameis do something like that. I’ll wait. 

Im not sitting here telling you fitz is our long term guy. But neither is Jameis. I still think finding a  QB is on the agenda 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not really a push for one guy or the other. But a good read nonetheless.

You see even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile when I mentioned this offense looked like the Greatest Show on Turf.  ?

In all seriousness, I don't doubt it s the same playbook from last year, but the change in play caller as well as the development of Howard and Godwin has made the offense better.  A simple measure is how less frequently they are running on first down from last year.  It is night and day.

27 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

You see even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile when I mentioned this offense looked like the Greatest Show on Turf.  ?

In all seriousness, I don't doubt it s the same playbook from last year, but the change in play caller as well as the development of Howard and Godwin has made the offense better.  A simple measure is how less frequently they are running on first down from last year.  It is night and day.

The improvement of the o-line is also a huge reason for the the improvement.  JW has hardly gone 2 plays in a row without having to scramble for his life.  

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Messing with Chicago? 

I think both guys are team first guys and are smart enough to know to send the right message. 

This situation could blow up in the franchise’s face, so having the two protagonists saying the right things helps. If one was to go nuts about being the backup, then we’ve got ourselves a circus.

It should be Fitz this Sunday, but if he has a first half like he had on Monday, I don’t think he finishes the game.

4 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Just saw Jameis Winston’s interview. 

“Did you all miss me”. 

He still doesn’t get it. He’s still immature. Like dude, you were suspended 3 games for sexual assault and that’s the first words you say? 

Obviously he doesn’t take it seriously ? 

Or he was excited to be back "home" as he called it.

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Just saw Jameis Winston’s interview. 

“Did you all miss me”. 

He still doesn’t get it. He’s still immature. Like dude, you were suspended 3 games for sexual assault and that’s the first words you say? 

Obviously he doesn’t take it seriously ? 

How would you have handled the situation?

Archived