Browns cut Josh Gordon

ACO

3 minutes ago, Howler said:

Browns are trying to rebuild a culture without distractions. I can't entirely blame them.

Going out and drafting Antonio Callaway suggests otherwise. 

I think we can all agree Dorsey is rebulding the team in his image.  Drafting Callaway and Tyreke Hill shows winning matters more - Dorsey just thinks he can win without Gordon's headache.  For better or worse he's willing to deal with Callaway's baggage.

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Yes it has! But he is pro ready he isn’t going to be a David Carr he will turn poop into gold like Russell Wilson. Unless you believe he isn’t ready.

I think he could play now, and probably outplay Taylor, but I’d rather sacrifice some experience his rookie year and let him continue to grow and learn the offense and the league on the bench and be absolutely sure.

One you put him in, he’s the guy, you don’t pull him, so you need to get it right.

I prefer the “measure twice, cut once” idea.  Make sure you’re sure, there isn’t a lot of margin for error at that position.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I think we can all agree Dorsey is rebulding the team in his image.  Drafting Callaway and Tyreke Hill shows winning matters more - Dorsey just thinks he can win without Gordon's headache.  For better or worse he's willing to deal with Callaway's baggage.

Yes! It has to be something illegal and suspension or someone is on acid(or drinking Cleveland tap water)

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Dorsey doesn’t insist on choirboys, but they do have to buy in and get their poop in a group.

Gordon has shown an ability to do that.

There’s a big difference between a guy who has made mistakes and someone who continues to make them.  Gordon always seems like the latter.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

I see no issues with playing Tyrod until Baker is ready, but IMO a QB either has the mental makeup or he doesn’t. Baker has fight through adversity and trials before, I think he’d be fine to throw out there now.

Honestly I’d be more worried about Baker if he goes out and becomes a Star right off the bat. I’d be more worried about success getting into his head than failure. He’s a tough kid, the maturity is what worries me 

I'm more concerned about putting Baker (who htey invested the #1 overall pick in) behind that very questionable OL right now.  No reason to make him the second coming of David Carr.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

I see no issues with playing Tyrod until Baker is ready, but IMO a QB either has the mental makeup or he doesn’t. Baker has fight through adversity and trials before, I think he’d be fine to throw out there now.

I agree, but there’s more than just mental makeup and toughness.  Grasp of the playbook, acclimation to the speed of the game, familiarity with teammates, etc.. That’s the stuff any rookie, Baker included, is going to have to learn and adjust to.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

Honestly I’d be more worried about Baker if he goes out and becomes a Star right off the bat. I’d be more worried about success getting into his head than failure. He’s a tough kid, the maturity is what worries me 

I don’t worry much about that.  He’s cocky, maybe a bit immature, but he’s not the first 20 something to do something drunk or run their mouth.

He’s been fantastic in the locker room thus far by all accounts.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dorsey doesn’t insist on choirboys, but they do have to buy in and get their poop in a group.

Gordon has shown an ability to do that.

There’s a big difference between a guy who has made mistakes and someone who continues to make them.  Gordon always seems like the latter.

Can’t use denial like the Raiders fans did with the Mack trade. If something is getting him suspended then completely understandable but for no reason at.... then I’m worried you might get a holmgren 2.0 front office. Hope you guys are doing the right thing because you have a legit defense with stars

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm more concerned about putting Baker (who htey invested the #1 overall pick in) behind that very questionable OL right now.  No reason to make him the second coming of David Carr.

The line isn’t as bad as it’s made out to be.

Tyrod holds the ball forever and a day, just like Kizer did.

If we had a QB who knew how to get rid of the ball when they hit the depth of their drop the OL would be fine.

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Can’t use denial like the Raiders fans did with the Mack trade. If something is getting him suspended then completely understandable but for no reason at.... then I’m worried you might get a holmgren 2.0 front office. Hope you guys are doing the right thing because you have a legit defense with stars

Yeah, it’s hard to feel any particular way about this until more info comes out.

Im guessing there’s a good bit more to the story.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The line isn’t as bad as it’s made out to be.

Tyrod holds the ball forever and a day, just like Kizer did.

If we had a QB who knew how to get rid of the ball when they hit the depth of their drop the OL would be fine.

Didn't y'all start an UDFA at LT?

But sure blame it on the QB.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Our OL still has some question marks, but it's definitely not too bad. Desmond Harrison certainly needs some seasoning, but he showed reasons to be optimistic this past Sunday. The rest of the offensive line is solid. But yeah, there's no need to rush Baker when you have a solid stopgap in Taylor. Although, if Taylor continues to play like he did this past Sunday, then it likely won't be very long until Baker gets his shot. Having said that, I do think Baker could come in now and be ready. I'd just prefer not to put him in yet if it's not absolutely necessary.

Archived