Browns cut Josh Gordon

ACO

Just now, DawgX said:

Did you watch the game? Harrison wasn't perfect but he was hardly the reason Taylor struggled.

Tyrod is hardly a QB. Holds on to the ball too long can’t make his reads it’s just sad to see when people are wide open down the field. And when he does throw it. It’s a 50/50 it will be in the area

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Tyrod is hardly a QB. Holds on to the ball too long can’t make his reads it’s just sad to see when people are wide open down the field. And when he does throw it. It’s a 50/50 it will be in the area

I want to see the Browns do good but starting Tyrod is not going to get u anywhere

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Tyrod gets all the passes on FF TBH.

I mean, I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass due to him being on a new team with a bunch of new players on offense, while also playing in poor conditions. But either way, he still struggled. The OL wasn't perfect but was absolutely not the reason why he had a bad game. It'll be really important for him to bounce back this week vs. New Orleans.

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Didn't y'all start an UDFA at LT?

But sure blame it on the QB.

So much to unpack here....

First, the OL consists of five guys, you mentioned one. The one you mentioned went undrafted due to off the field issues, not his play.  Physically the kid is a stud.

The other 4 all range from adequate to pretty damned decent.  

Tyrod holding onto the ball isn’t news, this is common knowledge.  He takes no risks and doesn’t thow into tight windows, waits for check downs etc.

Many of the pressures and sacks were on him, regardless of who started at LT.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So much to unpack here....

First, the OL consists of five guys, you mentioned one. The one you mentioned went undrafted due to off the field issues, not his play.  Physically the kid is a stud.

The other 4 all range from adequate to pretty damned decent.  

Tyrod holding onto the ball isn’t news, this is common knowledge.  He takes no risks and doesn’t thow into tight windows, waits for check downs etc.

Many of the pressures and sacks were on him, regardless of who started at LT.

Yeah I know Tyrod holds onto the ball as Bills fans have said multiple multiple times. 

Still doesn't change the fact that the browns o-line has issues at OT.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Josina close with the Jags, "focused on Sunday" with the Pats in town, took a shot on an off-field issues guy last year in Dareus...

We'll see.

My friend asked me where I thought Gordon ended up and the jags were my pick

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I definitely think we're checking in on it. Not sure if we'll actually do it, doesn't feel like we have the whole story, but we don't seem to care about off-field issues and if it's a position we could use improvement at (bottom 2-3 run defense in the league last year then we went and nabbed Dareus), than I'm sure we're at least looking at the possibility of it.

This isn't to say our WR's are bad. But they're very young and inexperienced outside of Moncrief, and with our win-now mode mentality with all the guys we'll have to pay soon I think it'd make sense.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would think Jax would be very interested in the talent that Gordon would provide.  Coughlin might be a good leader that could provide some structure to help Gordon.

6 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Yeah I know Tyrod holds onto the ball as Bills fans have said multiple multiple times. 

Still doesn't change the fact that the browns o-line has issues at OT.

Issues remains to be seen, but they’re definitely unproven at this point.

I’ll say this, our OL isn’t the reason we’ve been 1-31-1 over the last 3 seasons.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I definitely think we're checking in on it. Not sure if we'll actually do it, doesn't feel like we have the whole story, but we don't seem to care about off-field issues and if it's a position we could use improvement at (bottom 2-3 run defense in the league last year then we went and nabbed Dareus), than I'm sure we're at least looking at the possibility of it.

This isn't to say our WR's are bad. But they're very young and inexperienced outside of Moncrief, and with our win-now mode mentality with all the guys we'll have to pay soon I think it'd make sense.

Makes sense.  Jax is in a win now spot and adding Gordon for a later round pick, likely conditional and with his 2018 salary being very cheap.

Archived