Tyrod Taylor - Thus far a disappointment

CBrownsman

Who Was Tyrod actually throwing to?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Tyrod actually throwing to?

• Antonio Callaway
    • Jarvis Landry
    • The End-Zone hoping someone would catch it...

20 hours ago, mistakey said:

how do you have internet or phone service

my phone was unusable in ithaca

20 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Where in upstate, I live in the finger lakes region

Had to chime in on the convo, I went to JUCO (Cayuga C.C.) in Auburn which is between Ithaca and Syracuse

The offense under Tyrod looks like it’s being ran or designed for a rookie QB. All I see is short safe passes either Tyrod lacks confidence in his ability to attack a defense down the field or the coaching staff does.

The O line is solid, even without Gordon we have a decent group of WRs don’t see any valid reason why Tyrod is still the starter 

13 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

The offense under Tyrod looks like it’s being ran or designed for a rookie QB. All I see is short safe passes either Tyrod lacks confidence in his ability to attack a defense down the field or the coaching staff does.

The O line is solid, even without Gordon we have a decent group of WRs don’t see any valid reason why Tyrod is still the starter 

The O line looked pathetic against the steelers.  Looked significantly better against the Saints.  Improving the lines work together is reason enough that Tyrod is the starter.

Baker also came from a very different system in college, I am more than happy to give him time not just to learn but have the playbook memorized and be 100% ready to go when his name is called.

We weren't going from 0-16 to 16-0.  There is no reason why Baker needs to start right now either...

5 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Improving the lines work together is reason enough that Tyrod is the starter.

I agree. I've been calling Tyrod the crash dummy for this offense. His job is to lead this team and put them in position to win while the line gels. 

The ultimate goal is to insert Baker into the best situation possible for him to succeed. He's not the only young guy being thrown into a new system, but he can be the best prepared for it.

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I agree. I've been calling Tyrod the crash dummy for this offense. His job is to lead this team and put them in position to win while the line gels. 

The ultimate goal is to insert Baker into the best situation possible for him to succeed. He's not the only young guy being thrown into a new system, but he can be the best prepared for it.

I’m at the “learn on the job” part of it now.

I want him to play against the Raiders.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I’m at the “learn on the job” part of it now.

I want him to play against the Raiders.

That all depends on Tyrod's performance. A win/loss is not going to be the main criteria here. Rather, are we seeing improvement in Tyrod? Is he continuing to do just enough to have this team in position to win? If we start to see his play plateau and things look ugly, you just may get your wish.

On a personal note, I want to see Baker out there so badly, but I'm trying to be realistic.

37 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

The O line looked pathetic against the steelers.  Looked significantly better against the Saints.  Improving the lines work together is reason enough that Tyrod is the starter.

Baker also came from a very different system in college, I am more than happy to give him time not just to learn but have the playbook memorized and be 100% ready to go when his name is called.

We weren't going from 0-16 to 16-0.  There is no reason why Baker needs to start right now either...

I thought the o line looked ok in pass protection. Tyrod like he’s been known to do just hung on to the ball for to long on multiple occasions and despite being so athletic he’s terrible at avoiding the rush. Also I think baker would be better off taking live action reps rather than being on the side line watching Taylor dink and dunk all game long

7 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

That all depends on Tyrod's performance. A win/loss is not going to be the main criteria here. Rather, are we seeing improvement in Tyrod? Is he continuing to do just enough to have this team in position to win? If we start to see his play plateau and things look ugly, you just may get your wish.

On a personal note, I want to see Baker out there so badly, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Is he tho? The pick against Pittsburgh cost us a chance to win in regulation and the pick against the saints led to them scoring a TD, if he doesn’t make that bone headed throw we might have won that. The defense is playing well enough for us to win not Tyrod

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Is he tho? The pick against Pittsburgh cost us a chance to win in regulation and the pick against the saints led to them scoring a TD, if he doesn’t make that bone headed throw we might have won that. The defense is playing well enough for us to win not Tyrod

Look what followed. He brought the team into FG range against NO. He did not blow the game against Pittsburgh, either. Did he fail to capitalize on some opportunities? Hell yes, but the team was a FG away in both instances. Additionally, he showed improvement from week one to week two, which should not be discounted. If he continues to show improvement, you can't bench him. Plain and simple.

10 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Honestly both the defense and Tyrod are playing well enough to win.  

Special teams are why we aren’t 2-0 right now.

13 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Look what followed. He brought the team into FG range against NO. He did not blow the game against Pittsburgh, either. Did he fail to capitalize on some opportunities? Hell yes, but the team was a FG away in both instances. Additionally, he showed improvement from week one to week two, which should not be discounted. If he continues to show improvement, you can't bench him. Plain and simple.

Just watch me.

19 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

It's amazing how Tyrod looked like a deer in headlights rookie last night while Baker looked like the vet.  I don't know about you guys but last night was one of the worst 1st halves I have ever seen from a QB.

Peace!!!

He looked absolutely clueless, befuddled by everything they threw at him.

How that happens to a guy who’s been in the league as long as he had and who’s played that defense as many times as he has is beyond comprehension.

Archived