Patriots trade for Josh Gordon from Browns

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I he was suspended for the first two games. Two of the wins that year, Gordon didn’t do squat. Also what did Gordon do to follow up his meaningless stat season. Got suspended for a whole season. 

Are you sure you're happy to rid of him...?

Just now, wackywabbit said:

That was 5 years ago. And even that year was a lot of yaradage racked up late in losses.

This dude on the field is David Boston 2.0.

Yep he killed teams ripping quick slants for 30+ yard plays when teams were playing prevent soft coverages 

Just now, buno67 said:

He has had trouble picking up offense the past couple years. He had issues picking up Shannys offense and he had picking up Haley’s offense. 

Also have fun dealing with his business manager. He might be the biggest cancer to Gordon’s career outside of weed

Well I'm not dealing with his biz manager so I don't care lol. If he produces and stays out of trouble, I honestly don't care how annoying his biz manager is.

And yeah, I mentioned Patterson for a reason. He's had a hard time picking up offenses ever, and is mostly been known as a gadget play guy, and has been getting touches for the Pats.

Just now, childofpudding said:

Well I'm not dealing with his biz manager so I don't care lol. If he produces and stays out of trouble, I honestly don't care how annoying his biz manager is.

And yeah, I mentioned Patterson for a reason. He's had a hard time picking up offenses ever, and is mostly been known as a gadget play guy, and has been getting touches for the Pats.

Well biz manager is going to lead to him doing stupid things like doing a workout promo 2 days before a game and leads to an injury. Also believe his biz manager was the brains behind Gordon missing camp because they didn’t want Gordon’s story being told on Hard Knocks and they wouldn’t get paid for it. Gordon is very money driven. He cares more about money than playing football. He just knows football is a vehicle to get money but that’s it. 

I think from a fantasy perspective, the happiest owners are:

1.  Brady - more TD's, more points.

2.  Gronk - harder to justify double coverage.

3.  Edelman - different area of the field, certainly won't have double coverage.

The guys adversely affected:

1.  Hogan - from the top WR to now likely the 4th or even 5th option after RB

2.  Dorsett/Patterson - afterthoughts.

From a real-life perspective, it only costs the Pats a 5th round pick - and it gives them a difference-maker where they literally have none left.   Edelman *might* be that guy again, or the ACL might have robbed him of the critical extra elusiveness (esp. at his age, harder to get 100 percent as you are older, much more likely at younger ages).   Now, they have 3 weapons with the RB as well, so D's can't just look to take Gronk out.  When Edelman's back, if he's close to old version of Edelman, you have 3 different areas of the field to account for, and the RB threats.   TB12 has to be the happiest guy in the room - along with BB & Pats fans.

Having said that, I'd pump the brakes on Gordon being the driver of that breakout on his production alone.   I'd guess that as for Gordon himself, it's going to be hard for him to simply pick up the playbook, and assimilate the whole system.  So he'll get the outside WR role with simplest assignments.   That's going to limit his ceiling - I'd guess 6-7 targets a game would be great (and the ability to be highly efficient).  I think those banking on a return to 80/1,200/8 are going to be disappointed.  I do think he offers tremendous DFS appeal this year.

In 2019, assuming he can stay out of trouble, which is no lock - well, that's a different story.   But really, let's get a full 14 more games in before we make 2019 predications with any certainty - realizing that with a full offseason, that could produce a much higher ceiling for Gordon than I think we see now.  Still, no doubt the best landing spot for him long-term.  

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Sounds like an improvement on our current crop. Our WRs just fall over after catching ball.

Difference tho, he wouldn’t rip those slants when defenses actually defended them. Unless Gordon is going to be buttass naked on that slant, I wouldn’t expect that kind of production like that

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not surprising in the least. It's what the Patriots are known for, Collecting Former 1st RD Picks. Only surprise here is the fact the Browns couldn't get anything higher in compensation.

Good flyer by NE. 

He was a former late 2nd rd pick. In the supp. Draft

Archived