Beast Of The East - NFC East Discussion Thread

D82

@DaBoys, separation isn’t binary my dude. Obviously Dez isn’t AB or OBJ and never was. But the ability to separate *at the catch point* with body control and subtle fakes is a vital factor to being an elite WR and something Dez has generally excelled at.

You couldn’t play Dez one on one with a run of the mill CB for the majority of his career. He’d go over, around, under, and through you. For whatever reason, that changed this year. It wasn’t just the drops- dude was getting envoleped at the top of his routes in ways he never had before.

Edited by matt79511

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Teams doubled Beasely all year long and near every 3rd down. Dez was left 1 on 1. It was his job to step up. He didn't do that all the time. 

Precisely why I said what I did.  I think people don't notice these things enough.

31 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

@DaBoys, separation isn’t binary my dude. Obviously Dez isn’t AB or OBJ and never was. But the ability to separate *at the catch point* with body control and subtle fakes is a vital factor to being an elite WR and something Dez has generally excelled at.

You couldn’t play Dez one on one with a run of the mill CB for the majority of his career. He’d go over, around, under, and through you. For whatever reason, that changed this year. It wasn’t just the drops- dude was getting envoleped at the top of his routes in ways he never had before.

Well, agree to disagree I guess. I didn't see any changes in his (in)ability to get space, and I certainly didn't see defenders winning position on him any more than they always have. Again, if you look at those few gifs I posted every single one of those DBs has perfect position on him. He just makes the tough catch. He got his hands on several this year just couldn't bring them in. He still had nearly 900 yards and he didn't get there by completely sucking. 

What's comical is, if you go back and read the GDTs just about every one opens with 4 pages bashing Dez followed by 2 pages of everyone eating crow. He made some crazy catches this year, that suggest he still has it. I think it's mental. He needs to quit bitching about targets he doesn't get so he can concentrate on the ones he does.

“I let a lot of things get in the way that bother me mentally,” Bryant said. “I feel like, if anything, I need to deal with in the offseason – is that. Like I said, there’s only certain things I can control.”

Edited by DaBoys

10 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'm usually positive guy especially when it comes to my cowboys guys.

But I'm really not sure what happens from me. Eagles are getting some key players back next season and I'm not sure if we even match up anymore. Things are looking super bleak right now

What, you don't trust the process?  A hundred hand claps for you!  I hear what you are saying. We need everything to fall into line for us - no suspensions, no injuries to key personnel in order for us to make the playoffs.  It was painfully evident watching the Super Bowl that we are in a tier of teams that are looking up.

2 hours ago, Northland said:

What, you don't trust the process?  A hundred hand claps for you!  I hear what you are saying. We need everything to fall into line for us - no suspensions, no injuries to key personnel in order for us to make the playoffs.  It was painfully evident watching the Super Bowl that we are in a tier of teams that are looking up.

I wouldn't lose heart. Just last year Phillybwas a legit 6 win team. They signed a handful of FA's, suffered devastating injuries, used a QB that couldn't hold a starting job on 3 other teams, and won SB.

HELL, if that's all it takes, trade our draft picks for proven FA's, and go get our sixth.

Idk why everyone claims the Cowboys have been cheap. What money have we had?? We have been bottom 5-ish cap room for every offseason I can remember. We didn't sign Olivier, Alshon, Snacks, Jenkins, Leary, Suh, or pick a name, because we COULDN'T. 

I guess bums under the bridge are "frugal" because they can't buy a house?

I don't remember once going into the offseason thinking man we have so much room. Last time we did, I think we signed Brandon Carr to a $50M.

Let's see what the philosophy becomes when they actually have an option. It's easy to say you're honest when the safe is locked.

Edited by DaBoys