Beast Of The East - NFC East Discussion Thread

D82

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Oh ffs. I guess it's hard to use your leadership intangibles on an accuracy drill.

Dak to the host,  am I allowed to run?   I was embarrassed when I thought it was Derek,  but then realizing it was David Carr made me cry.

Edited by SweetFancyMoses
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Oh ffs. I guess it's hard to use your leadership intangibles on an accuracy drill.

Dez went from a top ten receiver to a potential cut candidate in a matter of two years. Dak Prescott has been the QB for two years... I think there is no coincidence here

20 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Never get tired of this "Friendly banter"

It's not mean to be hostile. Dak raises some serious question marks after his second season and that video doesn't do him any favors - David Carr has been out of the league for years. Albeit there is something called a sophmore slump

I saw a stat recently that said Dak Prescott to Dez Bryant was the #1 ranked QB-WR connection by DVOA on go routes in 2016

Seems utterly unthinkable based on what transpired in 2017, and sure suggests that the regression was a lot more Dez losing the ability to separate than Dak losing or never having the ability to throw downfield

Dak regressed yes, but it also has to do with the law of averages. In 2016 everything went right for the Cowboys. In 2017 it was more balanced. Couple that with the Zeke circus and they weren't going to perform as well. If Dak can return to his rookie form, and the Cowboys can add more quality depth, I think they'll rebound. 

Dak is certainly part of the equation, he DID play worse, but to say it's entirely on him is ignorant.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

I saw a stat recently that said Dak Prescott to Dez Bryant was the #1 ranked QB-WR connection by DVOA on go routes in 2016

Seems utterly unthinkable based on what transpired in 2017, and sure suggests that the regression was a lot more Dez losing the ability to separate than Dak losing or never having the ability to throw downfield

Losing the ability to separate? Is there anything in the eye test that shows you that? He had problems with drops. That's what I saw. Wide open drops and less consistent with contested catches than he was in the past(still made some ridiculous catches this year).

But how much separation did Dez have on the Sam Shields "non catch?"

Hell, how much separation did Dez have in any of his signature plays? He literally has a defender(s) draped all over him in every one of his signature plays. He isn't, and never was, Desean Jackson. You can't lose something that you never really had.

giphy.gif

64eca30f8c1debc03a668a15fb5b87fb.gif?141

giphy.gif

dez-vs-cowboys.gif?w=680

giphy.gif

deztd.0.0.gif

Just look at that separation. If only he still had it.

Obviously Dez didn't lose anything but the ability to catch almost anything. He was closer to 50/50 on contested catches and then started dropping open passes. Now that his hands are shaky all of a sudden his inability to separate is more obvious. 

I believe the hands thing was mental, probably pressing a little, and because it's the outlier I'll give him more chances.

Edited by DaBoys

Dak I'm a little less sure about, and for whatever reason am in the minority. He has less experience, less success, and came in with less pedigree. But 2 seasons isn't enough for me to trust his ability good or bad anyway. One good year(for a rookie), and one horrible year. 

After nearly a decade of watching Dez, it amazes me that people are so quick to say that he is the problem. 

Again, his hands weren't as clutch this year, but nobody was pointing fingers at his separation when he had 400 yards in 9 games with Matt Cassell.

Why? Because we hated Cassell.

We love Dak... so obviously Dez is washed up, TWill needs to be cut even though it costs us money to do, Beasley is gone because we have Switzer who sucks. And we need to, how was it put? "nut up," and cut Witten.

Get rid of the whole hands team why don't you. Dak is a proven commodity 

Edited by DaBoys

Dak and Dez just don't fit eachother honestly. You guys could use a deep threat yeah, but other than you guys would benefit from someone like Amendola or Edelman. Cole Beasley really struggled this past season TBH and didn't fill that role well enough.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dak and Dez just don't fit eachother honestly. You guys could use a deep threat yeah, but other than you guys would benefit from someone like Amendola or Edelman. Cole Beasley really struggled this past season TBH and didn't fill that role well enough.

There was also alot more emphasis from teams defensively to know where Cole was all game, and the older Witten gets the less people have to worry about him.  So when Zeke is gone, it makes it that much easier for Cole to be removed from games, and if Dez isn't stepping up while getting single coverage then naturally, everything else will start to fall apart.  I'm hoping Ryan Switzer take on a much larger role this year because I think he's closer to what Edelman is than Cole could ever have hoped to be.

• Like 1