2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

49 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

You didn't leave it be. What is wrong with you?????

Seriously, you want to drag up your bs. I said I won't talk -- or even mention him. But you can't stop your harping. And Burns is a big time bust in GB. Not a good place for him at all. I'm free to voice my absolute hate for him. I think he is horrible as do many others.

You two are like school girls at a cat fight.  No need to keep going back and forth ... just let it go!

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

1. Murray
2. Bosa
3. Haskins (projected trade)
4. Q. Williams
5. White
6. Oliver
7. Taylor
8. Bush/Hockenson
9. Jonah Williams/DK Metcalf
10. Daniel Jones
11. Bush/Hockenson/Metcalf/Dillard

I see the third pick as the pick that will determine whether or not we get Ed Oliver or Josh Allen. 

I really don't care ... can't go wrong with either one!  If you're correct on this -- u da man.

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Gotta decide if I want to go in and run for a little bit so I can eat junk all day or if it'll be too tense to snack during the draft. 

I will be making wings on my green egg...prepped them all yesterday adding brats tonight for good luck, the fridge is stocked with beer to get me to the pick and there is a large bottle of Bourban in the cabinet in case we draft Lock.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Interesting aspect of tonight will be GP's picking Burns at 12 - then hanging around to see who we nab at 30 - only to see them drop into tomorrow with a trade back O.o

Won't be surprised by anything honestly. Though personally I see us trading down from #12 and trading up from #30.

23 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Miller's mock has us taking Fant at 12 and Ford at 30.  Latest mocks all have the Pack going O in round 1.  Here we are all salivating over DL and Edge.  Hope these guys are getting it wrong.  For the record I agree with Jaire worried about Burns keeping on the weight.  Don't like him at 12.  He is a boom or bust pick.  Wouldn't risk it up that high.  Jamal Reynolds keeps flashing before my eyes.  He's athletic as hell but will his game transfer to the pros?  The guy I am enamored with is Allen.  Unfortunately we won't get a sniff at him.

Don't worry.

Everyone at Huddle report has taken Burns off the Pack pick at 12. (Several had him before, none in the final mocks.) So has every late (in the know) mock draft. I guarantee he's not on the GB board there. What I said on my first post on the forum.

It sounds like there is a frenzy going on for the top DL and top tackles. McGinn has us targeting Simmons, which makes a ton of sense as a back up option if our top tackles and DTs are gone. I could see a trade back (12) or trade up (30) for Simmons. Gute has it handled. Should be a very solid to great draft.

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

1. Murray
2. Bosa
3. Haskins (projected trade)
4. Q. Williams
5. White
6. Oliver
7. Taylor
8. Bush/Hockenson
9. Jonah Williams/DK Metcalf
10. Daniel Jones
11. Bush/Hockenson/Metcalf/Dillard

I see the third pick as the pick that will determine whether or not we get Ed Oliver or Josh Allen. 

I would be ecstatic.  If Allen is there at #12 Gute better take him or I'll form a lynch mob.  Just can't believe either guy is going to fall that far.  Allen is the best pass rusher in the class and not by a little.  He'll be an all pro.

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

Don't worry.

Everything be at Huddle report has taken Burns off the Pack pick at 12. So has every late (in the know mock draft). I guarantee he's not there. What I said on my first post on the forum.

It sounds like there is a frenzy going on for the top DL and top tackles. McGinn has us targeting Simmons, which makes a ton of sense as a back up option if our top tackles and DTs are gone. I could see a trade back (12) or trade up (30) for Simmons. Gute has it handled. Should be a very solid to great draft.

He'll be a redshirt but for the value count me in.  He's #2 behind Williams.  Guess he's projected to go in the teens.  On Burns I actually think he'll slip.  Think he'll be available at 12 hope Gutey takes a pass.  Outpost has a very optimistic view.  If Allen is there at #12 should be no hesitation.  Run the card up.  Think the farthest he could drop is #6 to the Giants.

25 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Miller's mock has us taking Fant at 12 and Ford at 30.  Latest mocks all have the Pack going O in round 1.  Here we are all salivating over DL and Edge.  Hope these guys are getting it wrong.  For the record I agree with Jaire worried about Burns keeping on the weight.  Don't like him at 12.  He is a boom or bust pick.  Wouldn't risk it up that high.  Jamal Reynolds keeps flashing before my eyes.  He's athletic as hell but will his game transfer to the pros?  The guy I am enamored with is Allen.  Unfortunately we won't get a sniff at him.

Its definitely been a mixed bag as far as mocks are concerned. I have seen us take Hock, Fant, Dillard, Williams, Burns, White, Bush, Metcalf (to name some) all at 12 across various mocks.

With the drop-off in talent after the 1st few picks, there seems quite a bit of parity. I totally see us move back into the late teens or early twenties with the #12.

Archived