2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Keep Jimmy and Tonyan and carry 4 TEs?

Yes, both Kendricks and Lewis are up and will be gone. I honestly don't care if they acquire 3 of them. I've liked Tonyan since last spring, but if they think they can bring in quality competition and it makes sense from a personnel perspective (in terms of allocating resources) then they should do it. 

I can see 1 FA, 1 earlyish DP and 1 late DP. Have them compete with Graham, Tonyan and Wolf. 

I think the Josh Allen ship just sailed with today's win. At that point winning out won't change the quality of who we get too much. The problem is we are now missing out on the 'can't miss' prospects. We really need to hit on the first three picks this draft! 

11 hours ago, Chili said:

Its obvious looking at our roster turnover that we are rebuilding and not retooling

How?

Oakland is rebuilding.

Pretty much the other 31 teams are retooling.

Green Bay is in the tier furthest away from rebuilding along with every other team that has an elite QB.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How?

Oakland is rebuilding.

Pretty much the other 31 teams are retooling.

Green Bay is in the tier furthest away from rebuilding along with every other team that has an elite QB.

Is it considered retooling if it takes 4 years for a team to get back to the playoffs?

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, coachbuns said:

You and I must be seeing a different guy.  Two plays?  He's been terrible for the past 2 years with no improvement in sight.  He can't play right tackle let alone left.  Where in the world have you seen his footwork and hand work improve where he can stop a defensive lineman?  I'd be thrilled to see him improve but past performance is indicative of whats ahead.    

I've watched him closely since he was a junior at Indiana.  I've listened to what Palmy has said about him.  On the way home from the game today I listened to what Tauscher had to say about him.  Spriggs has the tools.  He needs to be left in a position to settle in.  He has improved since he was drafted.  He has just become the new whipping boy of people who want to play Madden with the roster.  It would be stupid to cut an OL on his rookie contract who has shown a little promise.  I doubt you be thrilled to see him improve, because then you'd be wrong and I bet that doesn't happen in your ultimate judgements.

Spriggs will be fine IF they let him focus on one position.  He was passable today (i'll watch tape later)but we sure had trouble in the middle.

17 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I've watched him closely since he was a junior at Indiana.  I've listened to what Palmy has said about him.  On the way home from the game today I listened to what Tauscher had to say about him.  Spriggs has the tools.  He needs to be left in a position to settle in.  He has improved since he was drafted.  He has just become the new whipping boy of people who want to play Madden with the roster.  It would be stupid to cut an OL on his rookie contract who has shown a little promise.  I doubt you be thrilled to see him improve, because then you'd be wrong and I bet that doesn't happen in your ultimate judgements.

Spriggs will be fine IF they let him focus on one position.  He was passable today (i'll watch tape later)but we sure had trouble in the middle.

I don't think they should cut him either on his rookie contract.  You obviously didn't see the last part of my post where I said I'd be thrilled if he improved.  I'd also love to be wrong and he turns into a stud tackle.  He just has to show me and I'm a believer.  Can  you leave him in just one spot as you suggest?  He's a sub and our swing tackle.    Passable ... is it good enough?  He's got one year left to prove himself and we'll see what my ultimate judgement will be.   

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

So you're willing to go through the lumps hoping he can work through them?  The problem I'm seeing is that he's getting beat the same way over and over again.  Nobody is doubting the tools, but he doesn't seem to be figuring it out.  I didn't watch him today, but based on what I've seen from him I'm not sure you're comfortable with him as a starting in the NFL.

I think it's pretty clear that our defense needs an influx of talent at all positions.

DL is looking fine with Daniels / Clark. Adams + Lowry are nice pieces, but I think adding another would be helpful.
EDGE is obviously a need. Fack being our best EDGE defender says something. And it's not good.
LBers could use an upgrade. I like Blake, but another ILB would be helpful. I guess Jake Ryan will be back if he hasn't lost a step.
CB is young, but trending up. It would be cool if Tony Brown wasn't better then Josh Jackson, but it is what it is. Keeping Breeland is a must.
Safety....is pretty gross. Josh Jones has like 0 awareness but he's been playing better. The rest can't cover and just like to hit people.

Do we think about converting Jackson to safety? Or will that mess with his development?

I don’t think a DT is a big need but I think Dexter Lawrence is falling outside the top 10 due to some injuries. Heading into the year he was probably a top 5 pick and after his FR/Sophomore seasons he was looking like Suh. Decent as a pass rusher and pushes the pocket with the best of them. 

Archived