2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

11 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This Ross kid is a stud. Only a frosh. 

He's gotta be public enemy #1 in the state of Alabama today.  Not only did he torch the bama defense last night but he was an Alabama kid who committed to Clemson over Alabama.  I don't watch a ton of college football that doesn't involve my team but that's the most impressive showing from a freshman WR that I've ever witnessed.  

I think Alabama has been the CFB version of the Russian hockey team. 

You were half beat in warmups and then you play not to lose and get pummeled. If you can come out and have enough personnel to be aggressive and attack them, they can be had. Yeah, I guess I'm saying they (and their players) are a bit overrated and definitely stale

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Could Josh Jones be the next Fackrell for you?

Hopeful but doubtful. Playing off-the-ball LB and safety requires you to think and have instincts. Jones has displayed neither quality and you really can't learn to be smart or instinctive. Fackrell's problem was mostly physical and technical as an EDGE player who's just trying to get to the QB. I think we're talking apples and oranges there. Best case scenario, if I'm Jones, I'm trying to bulk up a bit more and become a true WLB type player. Probably his best shot to stick and be effective. 

Archived