2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

2 hours ago, moretti19 said:

What’s everyone’s opinion on Mitch Hyatt tackle from Clemson? He had a great game last night and from what I read has been extremely reliable and steady for them. Is he a 2nd round guy?

FWIW Walter Football sees him as a guy in need of strength and has him ranked 17th OT, rd 3-5

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Might be another OT that can move to guard... are we still doing that?

That is a good question to ask. That was a reliable table tell that helped us in the Packer draft competitions.

The notion that college LTs make the best NFL OL across the board has clear merit, but one wonders if that kind of overdedication to an idea made us miss on some good interior linemen along the way. 

7 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

FWIW Walter Football sees him as a guy in need of strength and has him ranked 17th OT, rd 3-5

Ya I rely on Walter football a lot and honestly I’m just going off the National Championship game but he looked great. Opened running lanes and held his ground in the odd game.

19 hours ago, Golfman said:

OMG, this hurts my head to even think we'd be that dumb. We've got a HOF QB and can still win it with him and you want to plan for a possibility to draft a QB in in 2 drafts.

Even my sarcasm detector isn't that broken...

19 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

wouldn't mind trading both 1st rounders for 2021 1st rounders to start collecting assets to get Trevor Lawerence 

Just trade Rodgers and let Kizer start.  Keep gathering picks so we have first overall when Lawrence enters the draft and more. 

I think Hyatt's one of those guys who shoots up the boards. It all depends on where we'd play him, but also where we would play Spriggs. I like him at RG personally, but I think he's a viable RT.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:
22 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

wouldn't mind trading both 1st rounders for 2021 1st rounders to start collecting assets to get Trevor Lawerence 

Just trade Rodgers and let Kizer start.  Keep gathering picks so we have first overall when Lawrence enters the draft and more. 

In 2020? Trevor Lawrence here we come!

9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

please do give Kingsbury personel power

I hope they do and I hope he does.  Pushes a player down to GB.  The more QB's that go above #12, the better.  Still...think it's Bosa, Allen or Q. Williams with that first pick.  From the little I've seen, those are 3 excellent prospects.  

Archived