2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

where does wilkins get drafted?

12 hours ago, Golfman said:

11 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

I think he is 1 month younger than Kenny Clark.  Not that huge of an issue, but not a fan of that either.

He's the 350 pounder who moves really well, right?

Just now, vegas492 said:

He's the 350 pounder who moves really well, right?

I don't think he is that big.  I think he is more in the 310-320 range.  Dexter Lawrence is the 350 lb guy for Clemson that moves well.

I am interested to see what he measures at the combine, as there are a lot of different numbers out there.  Clemson had him listed as very similar to Wilkerson in size, and he looks to me to be a guy who could play multiple positions on the line.   I have seen Wilkins mocked to go anywhere from first round to middle of the second.  I am sure that will all change as the offseason progresses though.

13 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't think he is that big.  I think he is more in the 310-320 range.  Dexter Lawrence is the 350 lb guy for Clemson that moves well.

I am interested to see what he measures at the combine, as there are a lot of different numbers out there.  Clemson had him listed as very similar to Wilkerson in size, and he looks to me to be a guy who could play multiple positions on the line.   I have seen Wilkins mocked to go anywhere from first round to middle of the second.  I am sure that will all change as the offseason progresses though.

Yeah and Dexter Lawrence just turned 21 in November. Not really sure we're interested in that though with Kenny Clark. Don't need another NT type pick in the 1st round

25 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Thanks much, I got Lawrence and Wilkins mixed up.

22 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah and Dexter Lawrence just turned 21 in November. Not really sure we're interested in that though with Kenny Clark. Don't need another NT type pick in the 1st round

I don't follow the draft prospects much, but what about Wilkins with the Saints first rounder if it is 28 or in the 30's?  Seems to have good versatility, and if Pettine stays he might fit well with good length and some inside pressure skills?  I just don't know how he looks vs other DL prospects.

6 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't follow the draft prospects much, but what about Wilkins with the Saints first rounder if it is 28 or in the 30's?  Seems to have good versatility, and if Pettine stays he might fit well with good length and some inside pressure skills?  I just don't know how he looks vs other DL prospects.

Honestly haven't watched him. I've barely watched anyone yet. I would love to add someone to the DL, can never have enough, but I would prefer to load up on EDGE. 

I don't care what/where positions are drafted and free agents are signed except at corner, center, qb and maybe running back.   We are so short on QUALITY talent  that upgrades are needed virtually everywhere.  If Gute can fill some holes we are right back in the game. 

9 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

wouldn't mind trading both 1st rounders for 2021 1st rounders to start collecting assets to get Trevor Lawerence 

OMG, this hurts my head to even think we'd be that dumb. We've got a HOF QB and can still win it with him and you want to plan for a possibility to draft a QB in in 2 drafts. 

Archived