2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I think 12 and 44 are close to value of #3 on their own on new chart.

I think only if you are looking at that Harvard approximate value value trade chart.  I think we would get up to like 2nd overall on that.   The moral of that charts is trade down more, not up.

Otherwise I don't think you'll find one that gets us up to more than 5.  Some might have between 4 and 5. 

But that won't get us to 3..

I'd give 12 and 44 for Bosa or Allen.  I'd offer that every pick until both are gone.

8 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

I think only if you are looking at that Harvard approximate value value trade chart.  I think we would get up to like 2nd overall on that.   The moral of that charts is trade down more, not up.

Otherwise I don't think you'll find one that gets us up to more than 5.  Some might have between 4 and 5. 

But that won't get us to 3..

I'd give 12 and 44 for Bosa or Allen.  I'd offer that every pick until both are gone.

I was looking at Rich Hill. Where 12, 44 and Daniels would value Daniels as a mid-4th for #3 overall.

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I was looking at Rich Hill. Where 12, 44 and Daniels would value Daniels as a mid-4th for #3 overall.

I wouldn't hate the idea of trying to trade Daniels if we make a move up for his replacement as well.

His 8.3 million in cap savings, moved to carryover for next year, that would cover Blake's year 1 cap hit.  Dean would be an easy resign.  I'd consider extending GMo depending on how this year goes.  Otherwise, Blake, Daniels, Lowry, Bulaga, GMo, Crosby, Spriggs.  They might be low, but we should be in line for up to 4 comp picks for the 2021 draft, given we will resign some and don't think we'll have $$ to sign any FA's.

Current expected cutoff for this FA periopd is only 1.3 million average annual value, was $2 million last FA period. I really think we'd get 4 comp picks easy from that group.  I'd resign Blake and Dean and that's it.

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Well as everyone else has said, good chance NE takes a TE either Gronk retired.

The big question is how many picks will BB package to move up for Hock. Will he pull the trigger?

BB is always the ultimate draft day wildcard.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Trade up? More like who will BB trade back for that will somehow be a good replacement.

He has six picks through 101. Hock is the best prospect in the draft. I doubt he would move up for anyone else in this draft tbh. But Hock? That would be a BB move.

7 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

He has six picks through 101. Hock is the best prospect in the draft. I doubt he would move up for anyone else in this draft tbh. But Hock? That would be a BB move.

I wasn't even impressed by him enough to think he was a first round talent much less best prospect in the draft.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I wasn't even impressed by him enough to think he was a first round talent much less best prospect in the draft.

I'm assuming he means at the TE position and just worded that wrong. 

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm assuming he means at the TE position and just worded that wrong. 

Hock's my favorite TE prospect of all the drafts I followed. I didn't follow Gronk's draft.

And yeah I mean best prospect relative to position. He's a better TE prospect than Bosa is an edge prospect. Make sense? Solid ten year starter with pro potential and huge plus in the run game.

But I like the inline TE who can catch. I don't remember a better one. Didn't follow Gronk

32 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Hock's my favorite TE prospect of all the drafts I followed. I didn't follow Gronk's draft. And yeah I mean best prospect relative to position. He's a better TE prospect than Bosa is an edge prospect. Make sense? Solid ten year starter with pro potential and huge plus in the run game. But I like the inline TE who can catch. I don't remember a better one. Didn't follow Gronk

I disagree. He's good - no doubt - but he's not that good. In essence you're saying he's the most talented prospect in this draft.
His bona fides at the TE position exceeds all others at theirs. That I'm not seeing.

Archived