jleisher

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

You guys might want to consider letting me run the early rounds LOL 

12 - Ed Oliver, IDL
30 - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S
44 - T.J. Hockenson, TE
75 - Michael Deiter, OT

:)

Btw @JaireAlex - Just for you, I selected Oliver over Burns  Ha!

Hock will never see the 2nd round. 

Just now, Spartacus said:

You are 100% correct.
Absolutely no argument from me.
Thats why - the morning of draft day I posted a comment on Twitter that he'd kicked his dog once...and suddenly there he was ;)

24 minutes ago, snackattack said:

Is anyone concerned about the 140% part of this? I mean, if you’re gonna go above 100%, why are you stopping at 140?

Do You Have Any Idea How Much Time And Energy Goes Into Typing This Way And Finding A Gold Necklace With Your Number On It ?  I May Need $200 Million

29 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Central problem with most of these draft simulators online- the algorithm prioritizes "we need a guy at this position" much more than player grade.  It's even more apparent in the late rounds- you see teams taking a guy like 3 rounds early because of need and "he's the top guy at a position that has been hit pretty hard.

All that being said, it's always super tough to predict where tight ends will land, since it's a position propped up by comparative scarcity and dragged down by positional value.  We've all seen guys go much higher than they probably should have (e.g. Ebron, Hurst) and some guys who were talked about as first rounders fall into the 2nd (e.g. Maxx, Henry, Ertz, ASJ, etc.)  So nothing would really surprise me with the tight ends.

1 hour ago, snackattack said:

Is anyone concerned about the 140% part of this? I mean, if you’re gonna go above 100%, why are you stopping at 140?

because 40. It's a little disconcerting that no one knows the significance off hand here.

1 hour ago, snackattack said:

1.  He has the confidence to go all the way to 140.  I like that.

2.  He can only count to 140.....yiked

3 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

While I still think LT is slightly more important and teams put their better tackle there; I agree both positions need to be basically equally as good and both face very good pass rushers. 

With that being said, I am not sure if anyone has actually ran the numbers but, it seems to me rookie tackles get a lot more snaps at RT than they do at LT, hence being more plug and play than LT imo. It isn't necessarily which position takes longer to develop; it is more of the fact that teams will use their more experienced and initially better player at LT.

I would be completely fine if they took a tackle early, especially a guy like Risner at 30 or 44. I am a big fan of building the offensive line. I just don't think it is as desperate of need as some others do.

It's slightly easier for the QB to see pressure off RT, giving him an extra .1 of a second or so.

32 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Central problem with most of these draft simulators online- the algorithm prioritizes "we need a guy at this position" much more than player grade.  It's even more apparent in the late rounds- you see teams taking a guy like 3 rounds early because of need and "he's the top guy at a position that has been hit pretty hard.

This is true. TDN has a listing of "team positional needs" and I presume it takes those into consideration when making selections for the other teams.
I put the positional setting on "ALL" which keeps their highest rated prospects at the top of the list - unless selected by another team. Although I dont pay attention to selections of the other teams - they must differ from MD to MD because different players are available when GB picks from draft to draft. It's nothing but a quick and easy way to kill some "draft related" time.

18 hours ago, squire12 said:

What exactly are you putting in the category of character issues?  That is a very mixed bag of issues there.  TJ Lang had issues with drinking....GB stuck by him and that turned out well.  Jolly had his purple drank, he came back to play (though not great).  Andre Rison helped GB win a Super Bowl.  Brett Farve had some noted pain medication issues...that was a win for GB.  Ahmen Green, Tyrone Williams had a gun related incident while at Nebraska, turned out OK thereafter.  

I don't exactly know what I'm putting in the category of character issues. I guess it would be anything outside of football, and then separate the issues out, and see what the results are. 

3 hours ago, snackattack said:

It's definitely making me question the athletes who've only been giving 110% over the years

3 hours ago, Leader said:

You guys might want to consider letting me run the early rounds LOL 

12 - Ed Oliver, IDL
30 - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S
44 - T.J. Hockenson, TE
75 - Michael Deiter, OT

:)

Btw @JaireAlex - Just for you, I selected Oliver over Burns  Ha!

Don’t think we can go wrong with either of our 2 first round picks. Guys I’d be happy or good to get 2 of  

12. Gary, Allen, Sweat, Burns, Oliver. Ok with and understand the talent of White, Bush, Fant, Hock, Williams. 

30. Fant, Wilkins, Simmons, Aderly, Fant, Hock, Ferguson, Dillard, Jacobs. 

Archived